TFCA All-State Teams

CoachT

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I understand the process, each coach in the state picks 2 of his players to nominate. If these are all of the player nominations that were received, then there should be some coaches at fault for not nominating their players.

If my figures are even close to being correct there are 330 +/- football playing schools in our state. If each coach can nominate 2 for all-state then there should be 660 +/- players nominated. I read on another thread where somebody was going to be p.o. if a certain school got players selected. Sounds to me like coaches are to blame!

bullockfan,

What is it you don't like about the teams? The coaches nominate them and those that show up vote,or so I am told. Does the AP and TSWA have a team for every class or is it just 1 team now. If I am not mistaken, it is only one team. I know the Tennessean in Nashville has there Super 25 of offense and defense. I was told in the old days that would have an offensive and defensive team from each class in middle tennessee. Its about the kids and honoring them for there efforts. You will never please everyone, so just get over it. Or better yet tell everyone how it should be done. Are you saying if only 25 are nominated then they all make it? That is stupid as all get out!!!

bullockfan,

What is it you don't like about the teams? The coaches nominate them and those that show up vote,or so I am told. Does the AP and TSWA have a team for every class or is it just 1 team now. If I am not mistaken, it is only one team. I know the Tennessean in Nashville has there Super 25 of offense and defense. I was told in the old days that would have an offensive and defensive team from each class in middle tennessee. Its about the kids and honoring them for there efforts. You will never please everyone, so just get over it. Or better yet tell everyone how it should be done. Are you saying if only 25 are nominated then they all make it? That is stupid as all get out!!!

No, I'm saying it shouldnt be fixed where a coach has to drive all the way to nashville or wherever the meeting is. that my friend is stupid as all get out. They should do it by mail nomination like mr.football, then comprise the team of about a total of 20 offensive players and 20 defensive players, like TSWA does it. I mean you dont have anyone for each position on the team! thats not a team! we dont play eight man football! come on!

bullockfan,

Let me see if I understand this. Coaches don't take the time to send in there nominations so you want them to mail in there votes for the All-State team. OK, now I understand you completely. Your crazy if you think coaches will do the latter in a matter of a few days when they have 2-3 weeks to do the former.

I can't wait for the TSWA team to be announced - I bet a dollar that they will not honor 20 on offense and 20 on defense.

first of all, reread my last post, i said that it is stupid for a coach to have to drive all the way to nashville. why would matter if he is present physically? and second of all i'll take ur bet because they've been GIVING OUT THE SAME NUMBER OF WINNERS FOR TSWA ALL STATE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME!!!!!!!!!! Go look at their website or at the number of last years winners. my goodness do some research before you start makin bets. i hope you've never been to tunica.

I didn't read where you answered my question about coaches not taking the time to nominate but they would take the time to vote. Do the sports writers give out all-state teams for every class including the privates? I don't know if they do or not? Does the AP have a team for each class? Why don't you get in touch with the coaches and tell them your sure fired method of selecting an all-state team? Oh, BTW, I think the meeting is held in the 'Boro. The coaches have a clinic and they probably thought it was a good way to get the coaches to attend a clinic, watch the games, and vote on all-state. I ain't no coach, I just think more times than not they do good things. I've been to TUNICA, made a little money, a tad more than I lost. I still would bet you and I would WIN!!!

Hey, butthead, I just looked at the TSWA all-state team...FROM 2004 (it has not been updated in the past 3 years). Then I looked at the TFCA and they have every all-state team listed since they started having one. Sounds like the TSWA needs to update there list so I will know if you as knowledgeable as you think you are. See ya in TUNICA, Bozo.

I didn't read where you answered my question about coaches not taking the time to nominate but they would take the time to vote. Do the sports writers give out all-state teams for every class including the privates? I don't know if they do or not? Does the AP have a team for each class? Why don't you get in touch with the coaches and tell them your sure fired method of selecting an all-state team? Oh, BTW, I think the meeting is held in the 'Boro. The coaches have a clinic and they probably thought it was a good way to get the coaches to attend a clinic, watch the games, and vote on all-state. I ain't no coach, I just think more times than not they do good things. I've been to TUNICA, made a little money, a tad more than I lost. I still would bet you and I would WIN!!!

Hey, butthead, I just looked at the TSWA all-state team...FROM 2004 (it has not been updated in the past 3 years). Then I looked at the TFCA and they have every all-state team listed since they started having one. Sounds like the TSWA needs to update there list so I will know if you as knowledgeable as you think you are. See ya in TUNICA, Bozo.

TSWA has updated from 04 -06. Here's the site. http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tennesseeallstatefootball.htm

This is what a all state team should look like if you are only going to have one team on each side of the ball. The coaches association team is a joke. First of all if a teams coach is not a member of the association then his players are not eligible for the all state team. Second it is ridiculus that the coach has to be at the meeting to vote. This should be about recognizing the best players in the state. Not about the best players in the state that coaches go to the meeting.

2006 Tennessee All-State Teams (per Tennessee Sports Writers Association)

Division I-5A Division I-4A Division I-3A Division I-2A Division I-1A Division II

Offense Name School

QB Cass Barnes Tullahoma

QB Matt Arent Hillsboro

QB Brent Burnette Maryville

QB Jake Ryan Knoxville West

QB Jake Ledbetter Red Bank

RB Terrence Holt Maplewood

RB Quentin Greenlee Morristown West

RB Jacques Seward Hillsboro

RB Jesse Atwood Johnson County

OL Enoch Hill Clarksville

OL Lamar Theus Henry County

OL Rodney Irvin Hillsboro

OL Griffin Smith Jackson North Side

OL Jared McGaha Powell

OL Brandon McLeroy Rhea County

TE Aaron Douglas Maryville

WR Demetrious Garrett Hillsboro

WR Hunter Deberry Hardin County

WR Tyler Maples Maryville

WR E'Jay Ward Brainerd

WR Jordan Kitzmiller Sullivan South

ATH Terrell Perkins Stratford

ATH Curt Phillips Sullivan South

ATH Calvin McNairl Henry County

ATH Jamie Graham Whites Creek

K Logan O'Connor Knoxville Halls

K Isaac Ziolowski Clarksville

Defense

DL Cory Hall Brainerd

DL Nick Montgomery Hillsboro

DL Orlando Blair Knoxville Central

DL John Bruhin Powell

DL Spencer Jackson Hardin County

DL Trey McCray Rossview

LB Thomas Majors Maplewood

LB Tracy Sims Red Bank

LB Tanner Caylor Maryville

LB Josh Bey Springfield

LB Tavis Hogsett Jackson Central-Merry

LB William Henry Henry County

DB Montez Davis Cleveland

DB Eric Gordon Hillsboro

DB Casey McKinnon Rhea County

DB Jeremy Tata Red Bank

DB Will Bonner Rossview

DB Delton Teeter Rossview

P Taylor Cisneros Mt. Juliet

Coach George Quarles Maryville

All-State Teams are to a certain extent popularity contests. Having said that, IMO, in Tennessee the TSWA selections seem to be a more accurate reflection of the high potential, impact, and significant contributor players. The coaches team is not optimal; however, that is not because of the coaches, more so the process. Too rushed, narrow, and without a validation process. TSWA, while not optimal either does seem to be generated with input from college coaches, and their perception of those players that will go on to the next level.

ruse?