White County at Fifth Third Tourn Lexington Ky.

earlybird2706

Thanks for the info. Shooting only 21% from the field /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> won't win us many games.

The Hearld gave these numbers 83-31

Greene 10

Brown 6

Puckett 6

Delaney 2

Mitchell 3

Johnson 2

Odell 2

lst qtr 23/6

2nd qtr 24/12

3rd qtr 16/9

4th qtr 20/4

End of one 23-6 End of two 47-18 End of 3rd 63-27 final 83-31

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a dyer county fan who felt that how thier game was called by the refs was the difference in thier loss to white county. ya'll talked the stuff about how our coach got outcoached and we didnt adapt to the situation and so on. keep that in mind when you comment on ya'lls 50 point loss.

Blame the coach blame the refs. YOU LOST. Our 50 point loss just makes you look even worse.

im a dyer county fan who felt that how thier game was called by the refs was the difference in thier loss to white county. ya'll talked the stuff about how our coach got outcoached and we didnt adapt to the situation and so on. keep that in mind when you comment on ya'lls 50 point loss.

Our 50 point loss also was not to a true high school but a pre college academy,i dont put much stock in teams that basically have an open tryout or bidding war 4 high school players.Cpa,ba,and private schools to me defeats the true meaning of high school athletics.Just an opinion but give me home grown basketball like pickett ,dyer,bradley central when kids who were actually born in there own counties play 4 the teams.

Our 50 point loss also was not to a true high school but a pre college academy,i dont put much stock in teams that basically have an open tryout or bidding war 4 high school players.Cpa,ba,and private schools to me defeats the true meaning of high school athletics.Just an opinion but give me home grown basketball like pickett ,dyer,bradley central when kids who were actually born in there own counties play 4 the teams.

I heard the remark made that the boys should have just stayed home and played Tech they had just as good a chance to beat them.

Tell that to the rest of the teams in Kentucky who have to face teams like Lex Cath without any classification or any private/public split.....

Lex Cath is a very good team..They were last season also but a county public school won the state championship in Kentucky....

A 50 point loss is a beatdown...If White County is as good as people say and supposedly the #1 ranked mid-state team in Tennessee,then that doesn't say much for basketball in that area of Tennessee...White County had a chance to go up there and show those fans that Tennessee basketball teams can play also and they didn't...I expected WC to lose to LC but not by 52 points....

The private school thing is an excuse...Yes,they have advantages but you have to do what every other Kentucky school has to do and that is not whine about it and go out and do the best you can do...WC clearly didn't do the best they could do against LC.....

white county fans get testy when they have to play with other teams refs. the only thing you show when you insinuate recruiting is your ignorance of the facts. the players mentioned as recruits transfered from one in county school to another before the coach was even a job applicant. you know, some countirs have more than one school. and players have choices. but im sure facts are lost on some people. im comfortable with our lost to white county. they are solid and the arena was slightly 'hostile' ,so the experience will help us down the road. stop being haters and eat your humble pie and learn from it. good luck