Collierville High School Xmas Tourney

philtenn

Coach Gat it was a brilliant game plan executed almost to perfection. You were so calm and cool (at least on the outside) and your girls did not get rattled, even when #23 for Northside hit those 5 straight 3 point shots late in the game. Hats off to you and your team--best of luck as you head into district play and beyond. It was a great game to watch.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Gat it was a brilliant game plan executed almost to perfection. You were so calm and cool (at least on the outside) and your girls did not get rattled, even when #23 for Northside hit those 5 straight 3 point shots late in the game. Hats off to you and your team--best of luck as you head into district play and beyond. It was a great game to watch.

Thanks man. I'm very proud of my girls. They showed a lot of poise and discipline. We watched other teams play Northside and examined what they did wrong. Even though the crowd was begging for them to jack shots, they followed the plan to take them at specific moments. Even when we got down by 4 with about a minute to go they didn't get rattled. They were extremely confident and calm. I'm proud to be their coach. You know it's funny that #23 was playing for me in that tournament last year. She can really shoot the ball. It was a fun game to coach.

JJ is a very talented player for sure. But, I would rather have the Millington guards on my team.

Rob_M,

First of all, don't give a compliment and then add a comment like that because it cancels out the half-hearted compliment that was originally given. Secondly, I looked through the various posts in this thread and at no point did I see where someone asked who YOU or anyone else would rather have on his/her team. Being a true fan, a person always is biased towards who is on their team at that time. Thirdly, you can rest assured that JJ is not the least bit concerned about your assessment of her playing ability or the fact that you would not want her on your team. The bottom line is that teams like Duke, Georgia, Louisville, Ole Miss, Illinois, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, MTSU, and Florida are just a few of the many schools that are actively recruiting JJ and would love nothing more than to have her on their team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> So, in the future, when it comes to JJ or any other basketball player, you may want to keep your generic compliments to yourself if you can't refrain from degrading them whether is consciously or subconciously. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

janinelpn2

As a Bartlett fan who watches the games also. He has is own opinion about who he would want on his team . We all know about J.James getting recruited hard by all those schools. Just wanted to say that it was his own opinion of what he thinks no need to fight over it. The real question is will J. James be playing friday against a good 13-0 st benedict team because the 2nd term doesn't start till after they come back from break.

janinelpn2

As a Bartlett fan who watches the games also. He has is own opinion about who he would want on his team . We all know about J.James getting recruited hard by all those schools. Just wanted to say that it was his own opinion of what he thinks no need to fight over it. The real question is will J. James be playing friday against a good 13-0 st benedict team because the 2nd term doesn't start till after they come back from break.

Maybe you need to read the post again. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is the wonderful thing about freedom of speech. I don't have a problem with Rob-M expressing who he would want on his team, but the fact that he singled out a child by name. This was not the thread for it and it would be appropriate to do this without pointing out a particular player by name. Last time I checked no one was "fighting" but debating on a message board. I don't understand why you feel the need to respond to a post that was specifically directed to Rob_M and not Bartletthsgrad04. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I also noticed that you continue to be curious regarding JJ's playing status. If you want answers to your questions about her, by all means contact her coach or parents and I am sure they will clear up any misconceptions or misinformation that may be lingering in your mind. I must admit that I am very disappointed in the fact that you are familiar with those close to JJ, but you insist on posting these questions on this message board rather than speaking with them. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Anyway, you already know the answer to the question you are asking, but for some reason you want to broadcast it on this thread. Oh, my mistake, I forgot broadcasting is your specialty. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

janinelpn2

Sorry . I was just saying it's his own opinion of what he wants on his team thats all just saying it was his own opinion. Ya your right broadcasting is my specialty /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I do it because its fun to watch my alma matter do such good job in sports and they play there hearts out in every game. Can't wait to see this girls and boys team get alot better this 2nd term of basketball . Hopefully Bartlett can bring home a state tittle in the 2nd half of the season. Either way im proud of J. James staying strong and cheering for her teammates , Go Panthers.

Janinelpn2..... Why so sensitive... If you read my post all that was said is that

A. JJ is a very talented player

B. I would rather have the Millington duo on my team.

What is degrading about that? It would be the same thing as saying, let's say.....

A. Allen Iverson is a very talented player

B. But I would rather have Labron James on my team.

JJ will have a profound effect on the Bartlett Panther team when she returns to the floor. Can she lead the Lady Panthers to 14aaa supremecy?