Dyer County Vs. Dyersburg

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, what it comes down to is that *some* of Dyer County's basketball team has no class. An incidental elbow to the head happens all of the time in basketball. Throwing punches does not. The Dyersburg student section was not "spilling out on the floor", and if Dyer County's *TWO* players had not shown deliberate physical aggression towards Dyersburg's *TWO* players we all would not have been stuck in such an unsafe, uncomfortable situation. Don't try to shift the blame to student section of Dyersburg, which by the way doubled Dyer County's in number and noise. The physical altercation was 100% DC. It is shame, because none of this happened before last year, when the Trojans had a 7 GAME streak on DC. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dyersburg loss, yes. For the most part Dyer County deserved to win, yes. Congratualations Dyer County!!! You have NBA superstars! Congrats to the Dyersburg squad!!! You have class and you will all most definantly succeed in life. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WAY TO GO LADY TROJANS!!!

10 IN A ROW!!!

You are right. None of this happened while D`burg was on a win streak. I couldn`t have said it better myself. Typical CRYBABIES. I don`t know where you were, but the Trojan fans were most definately rushing the floor. FYI, it was not an incidental elbow. It was continuous. I don`t believe in throwing punches, but enough was enough. And where the heck do you even remotely get the idea the trojans student section more than doubled the CHOCTAWS. DC had all the home side stands filled up and a third of D`burg`s. Dude, you are messed up!

You are saying that this is a basketball thread, and yet you are sitting here talking about ACT scores? I don't understand..

Jellyrolls......you might want to check in on school grade scores and their relevance to scholarships in college sports. They check on how many people in the ncaa that slid in under the old rules and now are not able to participate in bowl games and such because they just don't make the grades. We've been two baseball camps in the month of December and the first thing Coach Corbin and Coach Raliegh was......"How's your grades?" I guess it just depends on your goals if grades are important or not to discuss......on here or other wise. Maybe that will help you understand. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

matt, it seems to me the noise level from each side was equal until the third quarter and dyer county's talent silenced dyersburg. that is when their anger at losing began to rise. and victor saw another defeat coming. he started to get more aggresive and started swinging his elbows at every chance. it was obvious that he became unglued and the referees were not going to stop him because they had lost control of the game long before everything erupted. if they had called all the fouls he committed it would have been a mercy rule game in the fourth quarter. it bothers me that anyone from dyersburg who comes into these threads has to tout they are superior to dyer county in EVERY

WAY THEY CAN IMAGINE. dhs only graduated 79 % of their students last year. somebody is faLLING THROUGH THE CRACKS. dhs has always been about the chosen few. its ok to stand up for your school but dont turn a blind eye to the problems. it will come back to haunt you. it did friday and in football and volleyball and crosscountry and golf and last year too.

You are right. None of this happened while D`burg was on a win streak. I couldn`t have said it better myself. Typical CRYBABIES. I don`t know where you were, but the Trojan fans were most definately rushing the floor. FYI, it was not an incidental elbow. It was continuous. I don`t believe in throwing punches, but enough was enough. And where the heck do you even remotely get the idea the trojans student section more than doubled the CHOCTAWS. DC had all the home side stands filled up and a third of D`burg`s. Dude, you are messed up!

Umm...Yeah, that sums it up. Well posted.

matt, it seems to me the noise level from each side was equal until the third quarter and dyer county's talent silenced dyersburg. that is when their anger at losing began to rise. and victor saw another defeat coming. he started to get more aggresive and started swinging his elbows at every chance. it was obvious that he became unglued and the referees were not going to stop him because they had lost control of the game long before everything erupted. if they had called all the fouls he committed it would have been a mercy rule game in the fourth quarter. it bothers me that anyone from dyersburg who comes into these threads has to tout they are superior to dyer county in EVERY

We don't believe at all that we are superior in EVERY way. Dyer County's mens Hoops team is definatly better, and their win was well deserved. Dyer County and Dyersburg have their own strengths and weaknesses. However, it'll take a lot more than one win to convice me that DC is better at football. The Counce's are back, and I know there is not a single Trojan player who does not want revenge. DC is having a great year, but to be a powerhouse takes years of consistent winning seasons. They have good coaches, and there is a good chance this could happen. Lets stop arguing superiority on the boards and let our athletes fight it out of the field, track, pitch, and court. As for the ACT scores and stuff, I know that Dyersburg has great academics and have sent lots of students to top schools, but im sure DC has too. Both programs are very competitive, and its a tribute to the entire county that we produce such great athletes!

WAY THEY CAN IMAGINE. dhs only graduated 79 % of their students last year. somebody is faLLING THROUGH THE CRACKS. dhs has always been about the chosen few. its ok to stand up for your school but dont turn a blind eye to the problems. it will come back to haunt you. it did friday and in football and volleyball and crosscountry and golf and last year too.

The students have to make a choice. Some people have problems at home, or are not necessarily as gifted as others, but I've seen enought students work hard to lift themselves out of these situations to know it can be done. We have a lot of kids making great grades that people thought they could achieve. Thants why we are a Blue ribbon school. I've seen people who have dropped out sitting right next to a guy with a 4.0 and a 32 ACT. But Sometimes its not about the school system, its about the individual. Academics at both schools great, but it is the individual who has to make the grade.