Open Football Board

coach763

How many (+) members would it take to keep the football boards open year-round? The football board is the one board that needs to stay open because of recruiting, jobs, etc.

Was a (+) member from the get-go because I thought the board added great interest to HS sports and simply did it from the standpoint of support; NOT the ability for year round posting.

I will renew mine yearly, if and when football stays open all the time. I enjoy reading what everyone has to say about the great game.

Coach 763, be realistic. This is a business. It's like saying I am not going to McDonald's anymore until I can buy a Egg McMuffin after 10:30. Why would Coach T give up the leverage he has and open up any off-season board?

If you want to post during the off-season in the forum that interests you the most, you need to pay for the privelage- which supports the whole website and keeps it alive. Advertising pays some, supporting the advertisers helps keep them and the rates up where he can do this site.

Twelve bucks is pocket change. Think of it as "professional development." Write it off on your taxes.

romthetop2

You nailed it. You would think all Coaches would feel this way. I mean no disrespect to any of them but really.

It is a business of love not making money I can assure of that. Think about it like this. All these members that come in on daily basis with there large graphic posts and many of them with large posting numbers. Well folks that cost money to run that back and forth to your computer.

If Coacht was in it for cash alone you would not have a site to keep us so well informed of all our fine sports around the State of Tennessee.

MY LANDS when the man comes on and said he needs members believe him. I DO how about you?

Further more I think we have let him down and I feel his heart is sad about it. SO STEP UP. I think this man if he got ahead of the curve for profit on this site would just invest in it to make it better for us as he has been trying to do since I've been around these boards. I don't even know him like I said before in posting. BUT GOOD GOD LETS HELP HIM OUT. Listen under 1% most of us would have walked away.

Get on board for ALL OF US and Coacht. Lets make the right call here and make better for us ALL.

To me it would be cheap at TWICE the price for a plus membership. $12 a year is chump change for most folks nowadays. A couple of years ago I bought one plus for a member of every school in this region and it was worth it. Didn't regret it one bit then or now. I know that there are some students that find it hard to come up with the $12, but if they REALLY want to support their team they will 'find' it somewhere.

just signed up...thanks for the nudge

after meeting with coacht at the recent blackman wrestling match...i was sold...great guy with some great all time stories about things he has experienced since this site got going...

can't believe i had not done this up until now...dang

You Da Man! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach 763, be realistic. This is a business. It's like saying I am not going to McDonald's anymore until I can buy a Egg McMuffin after 10:30. Why would Coach T give up the leverage he has and open up any off-season board?

If you want to post during the off-season in the forum that interests you the most, you need to pay for the privelage- which supports the whole website and keeps it alive. Advertising pays some, supporting the advertisers helps keep them and the rates up where he can do this site.

Twelve bucks is pocket change. Think of it as "professional development." Write it off on your taxes.

I agree with most every thing you say and yes it is pocket change.................I did the (+) thing from the get-go and before he decided to tie it to the open/closed board thing. The football board is easily the most used board and is ABSOLUTELY dull when only open to (+) members.

It it his board and his call and he can do it as he wishes..................I like it better open to all; because ALL make it more interesting and more fun.

Nothing really to read!! sorry, but it is my opinion. We can agree to disagree! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with most every thing you say and yes it is pocket change.................I did the (+) thing from the get-go and before he decided to tie it to the open/closed board thing. The football board is easily the most used board and is ABSOLUTELY dull when only open to (+) members.

It it his board and his call and he can do it as he wishes..................I like it better open to all; because ALL make it more interesting and more fun.

Nothing really to read!! sorry, but it is my opinion. We can agree to disagree! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

More plus members will resolve that.. Coach, and I thank you for being here all this time in support of this site. I have faith in the Volunteer State that it will improve.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here are some reasons:

We close all of the boards in the off-season and should do the same for football, too, at least for a little while.

Moderators need a break.

Fans often wait until the season is over to start bashing (and I don't mean constructive criticism) coaches. This gives them a cooling off period or at least they are going to have to pay a pittance to do so.

After ten years of having a great time running this site I am now facing two kids in college at the same time, one in pharmacy school, and I am retirement age as of now. I would love to retire and run this site full-time. There are many, many new things we could do. To do so, I need to start making this site into more of an enjoyable business and less an enjoyable hobby. The advertising income is too unpredictable to count on as retirement income. As you know, that has to be income you KNOW is coming every month. EVERY month. Right now I don't know if we'll make $20 a day or $50 a day with ads. So, the only sure income is the Plus memberships. Right now, we have about 450 Plus members ($450 a month) and a server bill of over $500 a month. To be honest, we should have 5,000 Plus members right now but I don't like begging. This is as close to that as I can get, in order to respond to your comments.

We have some great conversations on the Plus boards where there are only Plus members. The same can take place on the FB boards.

Here are some reasons:

We close all of the boards in the off-season and should do the same for football, too, at least for a little while.

Moderators need a break.

Fans often wait until the season is over to start bashing (and I don't mean constructive criticism) coaches. This gives them a cooling off period or at least they are going to have to pay a pittance to do so.

After ten years of having a great time running this site I am now facing two kids in college at the same time, one in pharmacy school, and I am retirement age as of now. I would love to retire and run this site full-time. There are many, many new things we could do. To do so, I need to start making this site into more of an enjoyable business and less an enjoyable hobby. The advertising income is too unpredictable to count on as retirement income. As you know, that has to be income you KNOW is coming every month. EVERY month. Right now I don't know if we'll make $20 a day or $50 a day with ads. So, the only sure income is the Plus memberships. Right now, we have about 450 Plus members ($450 a month) and a server bill of over $500 a month. To be honest, we should have 5,000 Plus members right now but I don't like begging. This is as close to that as I can get, in order to respond to your comments.

We have some great conversations on the Plus boards where there are only Plus members. The same can take place on the FB boards.

Well folks this brings tears to my eyes .. SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW.. ? PASS THE WORD PLEASE.. Do some Gifting to someone.

Coacht don't you worry my friend is fixing to change right Coacht mates so pass it around we don't need anymore threads on it just ACTION.. Step up. I for one am sorry that you had to ask for members Coacht.

I have the faith in all that is good sometimes it just needs be pushed in the right direction. Now is the time to show this man how much we care about him. Help him out. PLEASE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />