1st AP Poll

CoachD33

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have the ACTUAL AP poll that came out early today.. I know from published reports that in Class 2A that Gibson Co. is #1, Obion Central is #3, Jax-North Side is #6 and Milan is #8 .. But what about the complete poll in all three classes(especially 1A and 2A) ,, thank ya, /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Hey Redbird you have 1800+ posts on coacht why not give the $12 and help support something you obviously use quite often??

Thanks for your input on how you voted. To to clarify things a bit the actual posted pole for D2 was as follows:

1) Knoxville Webb 8-4

2) Lausanne 16-3

3) Ensworth 13-3

4) Briarcrest 13-2

5) Saint Benedict 16-0

6) Pope John Paul 11-2

7) Brentwood Academy 8-5

8) Harpeth Hall 7-7

9) SBEC 13-1

10) Baylor 7-6

D-2 Girls

1. Webb

2. Ensworth

3. Lausanne

4. Briarcrest

5. PJP

6. St. Benedict

7. Brentwood Acad.

8. Harpeth Hall

9. SBEC

10. St. Andrews

Thanks for the nod NWhoopaholic. St. Benedict is a Young & up and coming Team. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You are more than welcome.

Thanks for posting your votes NWHoopaholic. I appreciate that you posted it. Obviously, you don't mind being transparent with your vote and soliciting opinions from others so you can be even more informed going forward. You are to be commended.

My intent entirely Trojan Fan. I wanted to show that I make a sincere attempt at ranking the state's teams as best I can and am not a "homer". Many other AP voters do so as well and I think we get a bad rap. Will people disagree with the poll? Of course, people will always disagree when it comes to something open to opinion. I welcome disagreement and positive feedback as some have given. I have gotten some great constructive criticism that I welcome. I take it seriously for the same reason I work a second job in broadcasting, to promote the hard working young people of our state. Thanks for the commendation.

NW 900+ posts give the $12 and support coacht. its a dollar a month, a penny a day surely you have that?? This is a great site and i for one don't want to see it shut down! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Like someone else I saw on here the other day, I used to be a Plus member and my membership didn't auto-renew for some reason. I just haven't taken the time to re-up. I agree with what you say and will do so soon. Thanks for the push. 7A Watcher will vouch for my sincerity. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

7A Watcher will vouch for my sincerity. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I will certainly vouch for you, but to some that would hurt your credibility /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> send the man 12 bucks, I need to pm you every so often /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I will certainly vouch for you, but to some that would hurt your credibility /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> send the man 12 bucks, I need to pm you every so often /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'm back on the Plus side for at least four years! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cleveland should be better than 9th, just another opinion. Only loss was by 8 in NYC against Christ the King, one of the nation's biggest name teams in girls' basketball. Their overall strength schedule isn't the best, without looking at it again I think the only good AAA team they've beaten was Bradley Central, but I'd still put them top 5 as they've beaten the teams on the schedule. They've beaten some good AA teams (Upperman, Sequatchie, McMinn Central), two of those were close but they were still wins.

Cleveland's good, but Christ the King is not having a good year. They've already been rocked a few times. So, that's really not a quality loss this year. In most years past that would've been a quality loss. I think Oak Ridge should be #1. Their only loss was a quality loss to Lakota West. Lakota West is one of the top 20 best teams in the nation this year.