Dyer County Vs. Obion....

1brutalchoctaw

why not? b/c central didnt get 4 new starters transfer in. in fact didnt one of their best players (the big kid/quarterback) transfer to dyersburg? not saying anything about the transfers being wrong or illegal or whatever, just stating facts. lets keep in mind that the worst DC and the !st DC were two completely different teams. All that being said OC is much better than previous yearsbut i think DC wins easily... 20+

Ah yea , it is a new era at DC!!! The transfers fit in nicely, plus good coaching helps. The bench isn't shabby either. They have a strong ball program this year. Haven't seen OC play this year so I can't comment.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yea , it is a new era at DC!!! The transfers fit in nicely, plus good coaching helps. The bench isn't shabby either. They have a strong ball program this year. Haven't seen OC play this year so I can't comment.

Dc does have a little touble when the pace is slower, but their quick hands usually don`t let it slow down for too long. They will get their two or three spurts of 8 - 12 points each. Also depends on how long it takes for the 3`s to start falling. Some times a little off at first, but shouldn`t make much of a difference. Should be a good win for DC. Hope to see a good, clean game from both teams.

the folks close to the OC program and even within the program itself would like to see how far they've come as a Program and this evening's matchup with be a HUGE measuring stick vs. the 17-2 Choctaws who are ranked 3rd in the latest AP 2A poll. I guess we'll find out tonight the progress and what things the Rebels have to work on.

From my perspective- it's amazing that at the beginning of the season if someone told us that when OC/DC hooked up on Jan.8th that BOTH teams would be coming into the game undefeated in district play would've been a shock to most people. The Choctaws are definately the measuring stick this season in 13AA and we'll see tonight how the Rebels stack up!!

GETCHA POPCORN READY!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Choctaws win 100-73. It was a physical hard fought game. Rebels shot very well tonight around 55%, but 31 turnovers was the killer. They had lots of trouble with the press. 4 players fouled out 3 for OC and 1 Choctaw. I give the Rebels credit they played very hard and hustled all night. Nick Gilliam showed why he's on everyone's all district team.

In the end, it was the Choctaws press and inside play over the larger Rebels that was the story.

Dyer County is the elite team in the district...Everyone knew it coming in...Everyone knew OC would have to play perfectly too win....

Was good to see an opposing fan give credit to the Rebels for playing hard.....

It will be interesting to see if OC can put this one behind them and come back strong Friday against a team they should beat on the road....

Dyer County is the elite team in the district...Everyone knew it coming in...Everyone knew OC would have to play perfectly too win....

Was good to see an opposing fan give credit to the Rebels for playing hard.....

It will be interesting to see if OC can put this one behind them and come back strong Friday against a team they should beat on the road....

Good win for DC. Very impressed with OC. Don`t know the stats yet, but it appeared Gibson (#21) had a good game as well until he got into foul trouble. Very good 3-pt. shooting team and also good at finding the lanes under the basket. They could have a good run. Good game to both teams and good luck OC.