Will Centennial Girls win a game?

wizard

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the coach at Independence not hired at the same time Centennial hired their coach? Were they not at similiar places record wise?

I researched and in the 05-06 Centennial won 9, Independence won 6, this year Independence has only 2 losses.

Well, Independence just beat em'. Centennial is running out of games to win.

I feel bad for the girls.

• 2 weeks later...

Centennial wins against Hillwood by a large amount (17 I believe) avenging an earlier loss.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!! Centennial won a game!!!! I am so happy for the fans and the players and the coaches and the principal too!!!!. Here, I thought they couldn't get any momentum heading into the end of the season. Now they won a game by alot of points. That is awesome. So I do think that this was a big win for them. Now, maybe all of the no-it-alls will leave the coach alone for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Metroman knows his stuff. There are a lot of issues and facts that could be discussed, but just ponder this one. His AAU record is 82-21, always using local talent and often playing much more recruited, all-star type teams. Many very successful and fundamentally sound players have been developed by this coach. Some might say, "well, he did have really good players, that's why he won in AAU", but what does that tell you? It tells you that players win, and one of the key aspects of a good coach is having good players. You can develop them only so much. Here's a quote from the Hillsboro coach (who has won a few games) "sometimes it's not so much what your running, as it is the players you are running it with". Trust that many a coach would not want to coach against John on a level playing field. Yes, I am a fan of Coach Boucher, and am probably aware of a lot more than most on this string. Beyond the AAU success, he has many success stories, like upsetting Lipscomb and Antioch while at Ravenwood, bringing in funds for equipment, tremendous support from almost all former players (excluding the kids not playing, or maybe their parents), tireless worker, knows the game, cares about the kids, the school. He doesn't go on coach t to bash other hard working good influences. By the way, did you know Brandon Wright once left his AAU team to play for John? Let me tell you, a lesser coach would have never taken the Centennial job, and they knew what they were doing when he was hired. One last thing....he could have left, he knew the road was going to be rough, and he had offers, but he chose to be loyal and keep on trying, and Centennial is better for it.