Ooltewah vs baylor

bipbopzot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After not wrestling for a while including last weekends tournament is Cody Sliger expected to be in the Ooltewah line-up tonight?

Yes

RMC - the owls have a core group of guys who have been in the sport since elementary school who can compete with most anybody. Their program has enjoyed tremendous improvement over the past couple of years. I live in the area and usually catch several of their matches and have been very disappointed this year. I haven't seen the excitement, the passion, the enthusiasm, or the attitude of a winner through their entire lineup - a few have but not the whole group. Every one of you should look in the mirror and ask yourself "is he talking about me?". They wrestled way below their abilities and got shoved around by Cleveland earlier in the season - IN THEIR OWN HOUSE. This team should have stepped forward this year to be the top team in the state but instead they are about the same as the year before. Maybe a little success has killed their appitite? If they don't show up tonight with some fire in their bellies and a chip on their shoulder, then I'm going to petition to have their name changed from OWLS to the turtle doves - so calm and peaceful.

RMC - the owls have a core group of guys who have been in the sport since elementary school who can compete with most anybody. Their program has enjoyed tremendous improvement over the past couple of years. I live in the area and usually catch several of their matches and have been very disappointed this year. I haven't seen the excitement, the passion, the enthusiasm, or the attitude of a winner through their entire lineup - a few have but not the whole group. Every one of you should look in the mirror and ask yourself "is he talking about me?". They wrestled way below their abilities and got shoved around by Cleveland earlier in the season - IN THEIR OWN HOUSE. This team should have stepped forward this year to be the top team in the state but instead they are about the same as the year before. Maybe a little success has killed their appitite? If they don't show up tonight with some fire in their bellies and a chip on their shoulder, then I'm going to petition to have their name changed from OWLS to the turtle doves - so calm and peaceful.

I just know the kids from Baylor always come ready to go and have really gained my respect with the toughness they've displayed this year.

I mean no disrespect to the Owls.

I don't see how anyone could take what you said as disrespect....just your opinion. I totally agree with you as well. Both have great teams but I believe that Baylor is above the others. They know how to win and have a tremendous tradition. I won't predict a score but I don't see it being that close.

I just know the kids from Baylor always come ready to go and have really gained my respect with the toughness they've displayed this year.

I mean no disrespect to the Owls.

I don't see how anyone could take what you said as disrespect....just your opinion. I totally agree with you as well. Both have great teams but I believe that Baylor is above the others. They know how to win and have a tremendous tradition. I won't predict a score but I don't see it being that close.

I wasn't able to attend but heard Baylor won roughly 44-22. Congrats to the Baylor boys they really stepped up. I really thought this match would come right down to the wire. Big wins by C B Ragland at 145, and a great showing by freshman David Helton against Jake Young, and Tyler Watson against Sliger.

OOLTEWAH had a shot at it. through the first 11 matches it was there to be taken,even w/ one starter not there. The score doesnt reflect how close it was,3 matches should've been pins,but Baylor is very,very good.if owl wrestlers want to win,they must all,wrestle as hard as they can EVERY match.still proud.go owls!!!

even w/ one starter not there.

The score doesnt reflect how close it was

3 matches should've been pins

Jake's dad - how many times have you chastised other posters for making these type of comments after an Owls victory?

Based on the "fire in their bellies and chips on their shoulders" factor, the Owls get to remain the Owls with the possible exception of the turtle dove sitting on the front row of the bleachers laughing it up with his buddies instead of going to war with his team mates.

Baylor's hero for the night was CB Ragland. Great job CB coming through with a big pin.

Ooltewah's hero from my perspective for improvement since I saw them vs Red Bank is Tyler Toon as it appears he has made the adjustment to the big leagues.

Props out to my HWC boys as they were 5-0 no matter which side of the mat they were sitting on.

BAYLOR 44, OOLTEWAH 22

(Match started at 125)

103 - Zach Watson (B) pinned Will Allen, 5:48;

112 - Alex Manley (B) pinned Jamie Spencer, 1:02;

119 - Stuart Doster (B) pinned Sergio Herrera, 2:46;

125 - Bailey Whitaker (B) major dec. Cody Corcoran, 11-2;

130 - Cody Hood (O) dec. Cole Hayes, 9-2;

135 - Daniel Wild (O) dec. Trey Stavrum, 7-6;

140 - Chanse Hayes (B) pinned Brent Elliott, 5:47;

145 - C.B. Ragland (B) pinned Evan Hubbs, 1:42;

152 - Colton Popp (B) major dec. Jared Wolfe, 13-2;

160 - David Jordan (O) dec. Wesley Idlette, 12-5;

171 - Jake Young (O) major dec. David Helton, 19-8;

189 - Tyler Toon (O) pinned Battle Glascock, 4:31;

215 - Joe Scott (B) pinned Aaron Hamlett, 1:12;

285 - Cody Sliger (O) dec. Tyler Watson, 3-1.

Jake's dad - how many times have you chastised other posters for making these type of comments after an Owls victory?

Walkenvol, to answer your question at least once, maybe twice. Regarding last night - we have no excuses.

We had all our starters. Jamie Spencer is our 112. Without him we would not have beaten Hixson last week. If our senior 112 decides that he wants to wrestle this year, and he can beat Jamie in a challenge match, then he can be our 112. There??™s really no room for debate; wrestling doesn??™t work that way.

Baylor is still without a complete line up. When they get the Shuford boys back they will be considerably stronger. Ragland filled in very well for Adam (last night), but Andy will make a big improvement to the top end of the roster.

Baylor did, however, have enough in their line up last night for an easy win. What I saw last night was a Championship high school wrestling team beating a good high school wrestling team. We won 6 matches. I thought we could win 8. I thought we needed to win 8, because I knew we would lose on bonus points. We won only 6 AND we lost the bonus point battle.

Baylor had zero regular decisions. They had 6 pins and 2 majors. We had 4 regular decisions, 1 major, and 1 pin. Baylor had 2 of their pins with 13 seconds left in the match, i.e. two wrestlers getting their team an extra 2 or 3 points in the final 13 seconds. We had 2 major decisions in hand but had to settle for regular decisions ??“ 1 in the last 5 seconds and 1 with only 20 seconds left in the match. Those things add up.

Championship team v. good team

How??™s that?