Ooltewah vs baylor

bipbopzot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so fast my friend.

Big Owls team actually matches up quite well against The Baylor school for Boys and Girls. Having had a couple of intelligent conversation with Walkinvol and Jakesdad, it's shaping up to be less than a touchdown spread on this match, with the winner not yet determined.

There will be several nice match-ups with the show stopper being the 130 match between Cole Hayes and Cody Hood. These boys,I believe are tops in the big boy div and D2 and will provide 6 minutes of non stop fight. I'll go out on a limb and call the match, if everyone is healthy and makes weight ............................................................

BSFBAG 27

Ooltewah 31

upset special of the week...

bcb iii

BCB-----I hope that last night's results will perk up the spirit that seems to have left you after Everyone's Favorite Team got beat so handily by Cleveland. You were much more fun when you were wandering through the Red Smog that hangs over Chattanooga touting the strength of this year's edition of the BSFBAG wrestling team than betting against them. Can we now expect you to return to the DII Outlook topic with further predictions on a Baylor-Ryan match-up?

Raider76 and Walkenvol----Congrats on a big win. I was impressed by the scores of the Helton and Watson matches even though losses. Those two kids look to be stepping it up some as the season progresses. With Baylor's strength in the lower weights, just staying away from pins in the upper weights almost assures the school where the " boys are boys and the girls are too" of a win. Looking forward to some Greeneville results. If this continues, I might have to come join BCB in the Red Smog.

For the rest of you posters, let's all call our state legislators, who are now in session up in Nashville, and see if they can push through some real quick legislation mandating that Bradley County and Baylor wrestle each other in a dual match the weekend following the traditional state tournament-----a plus-one, if you will, like they are talking about for the BCS football system. Just like what happened in Kentucky, when the state legislature required Ky and Louisville to play each other. My guess is the representative for Bradley County would be the only one voting no. Wrestling needs this match. Wrestling demands this match. Wrestling deserves this match.

You are right Ooltewah was without one starter but Baylor was without 3 starters. Andy and Adam Shuford and John Mackey. Classy comments by Coach Morgan in the Chattanooga Free Press. Good luck to Ooltewah the rest of the way. Go Baylor!

OOLTEWAH had a shot at it. through the first 11 matches it was there to be taken,even w/ one starter not there. The score doesnt reflect how close it was,3 matches should've been pins,but Baylor is very,very good.if owl wrestlers want to win,they must all,wrestle as hard as they can EVERY match.still proud.go owls!!!

the school where the " boys are boys and the girls are too"

Now Buck, I'm all for having some light hearted fun but either your blind or so old that you've wondered away from the nursing home if you thing the red team's managers look like boys. You just lost some credability with that one. I request that you adhere to the coacht posting rules - only insult the other posters, coaches, refs, wrestlers, table workers, fans, teams, rules, and cities....stay away from moms, wives, and daughters.

Agreed that was a cheap shot. Not only should posters not insult moms, wives and daughters....it should go for the guys as well. We are talking about kids here. Just not necessary at all.

Now Buck, I'm all for having some light hearted fun but either your blind or so old that you've wondered away from the nursing home if you thing the red team's managers look like boys. You just lost some credability with that one. I request that you adhere to the coacht posting rules - only insult the other posters, coaches, refs, wrestlers, table workers, fans, teams, rules, and cities....stay away from moms, wives, and daughters.

BCB has violated that rule too many times too count. He's got some mom from Phoenix, New York looking for him now in addition to all the Bradley Bearettes.

Just a thought here. Speaking from experience it may be best for you if you find an example to follow other than BCB. I have encountered problems when I followed BCB's guide on how to win friends and influence mothers. Although it is usually fun it can lead to adverse consequences.

Walkenvol, to answer your question at least once, maybe twice. Regarding last night - we have no excuses.

We had all our starters. Jamie Spencer is our 112. Without him we would not have beaten Hixson last week. If our senior 112 decides that he wants to wrestle this year, and he can beat Jamie in a challenge match, then he can be our 112. There??™s really no room for debate; wrestling doesn??™t work that way.

Baylor is still without a complete line up. When they get the Shuford boys back they will be considerably stronger. Ragland filled in very well for Adam (last night), but Andy will make a big improvement to the top end of the roster.

Baylor did, however, have enough in their line up last night for an easy win. What I saw last night was a Championship high school wrestling team beating a good high school wrestling team. We won 6 matches. I thought we could win 8. I thought we needed to win 8, because I knew we would lose on bonus points. We won only 6 AND we lost the bonus point battle.

Baylor had zero regular decisions. They had 6 pins and 2 majors. We had 4 regular decisions, 1 major, and 1 pin. Baylor had 2 of their pins with 13 seconds left in the match, i.e. two wrestlers getting their team an extra 2 or 3 points in the final 13 seconds. We had 2 major decisions in hand but had to settle for regular decisions ??“ 1 in the last 5 seconds and 1 with only 20 seconds left in the match. Those things add up.

Championship team v. good team

How??™s that?

Ooltewah came and gave it a shot. Congrats to them. Baylor has some advantages over Ooltewah but that didnt stop them from trying. I bet this will go a long way in preparing them for State duals.