Temple at Grace Baptist this Friday

dadoffour

I have no idea on this one. Temple has played well at times this year, but uninspired and sloppy at other times.

I haven't seen Grace play yet but from what I've heard they are pretty dissapointing, although they had a nice win against Ooltewah last week.

This rival game will again determine the district leader, and is sure to be a good ole Baptist barnburner.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea on this one. Temple has played well at times this year, but uninspired and sloppy at other times.

I haven't seen Grace play yet but from what I've heard they are pretty dissapointing, although they had a nice win against Ooltewah last week.

This rival game will again determine the district leader, and is sure to be a good ole Baptist barnburner.

this one is easy

grace 68

temple57

temple CAN win this one but Mcmasters will be ready to stop sexton in the paint and without sexton that team is nothing

This one should be interesting. This game isn't as intriguing because the teams aren't doing as well this year. I think this could be a toss-up. Grace has some sort of mental block when it comes to Temple so that is a factor. Grace does not play well as a team but IF Grace can play as a team(meaning get Carter the ball guards!) Grace will win. If they don't Temple will win. It will be a low scoring game in the high 40's or lower 50's because neither team is good offensively.

I know it is easy to be critical when things aren't going well, and when you are so used to winning all the time, and when big changes have occurred, but it seems to me that our coaching is very subpar. I know caleb is a great guy and all that, but I think we have sooo much more talent than we are utilizing. I know we are young...but still to lose like we did to soddy, and to a terrible like 4-9 McCallie team TWICE??? I just think we have the athletes to be a state competitor and to win it next year, but with the current state our kids play in (which I think is a reflection of the coaching) is immature and lacking confidence, we also appear ignorant as to how the game is to flow and be played.....

If our kids gear up like they always do against grace I think we can sneak one out....if things continue the way they are....it could be a frustrating season for all of us

I know it is easy to be critical when things aren't going well, and when you are so used to winning all the time, and when big changes have occurred, but it seems to me that our coaching is very subpar. I know caleb is a great guy and all that, but I think we have sooo much more talent than we are utilizing. I know we are young...but still to lose like we did to soddy, and to a terrible like 4-9 McCallie team TWICE??? I just think we have the athletes to be a state competitor and to win it next year, but with the current state our kids play in (which I think is a reflection of the coaching) is immature and lacking confidence, we also appear ignorant as to how the game is to flow and be played.....

If our kids gear up like they always do against grace I think we can sneak one out....if things continue the way they are....it could be a frustrating season for all of us

Is your coach supposed to go out there and SHOOT the BALL-REBOUND-and BLOCK SHOTS?????????????? I dont think so, its easy to blame the coach but the KIDS ae thre ones playing the game not the parent or the coach, stop making excuses for a team you wish you had and support the team you got. Temple seems to have to many chiefs and not enough indians. Oh yeah it ll be a toss up maybe Grace by 3?????

Is your coach supposed to go out there and SHOOT the BALL-REBOUND-and BLOCK SHOTS?????????????? I dont think so, its easy to blame the coach but the KIDS ae thre ones playing the game not the parent or the coach, stop making excuses for a team you wish you had and support the team you got. Temple seems to have to many chiefs and not enough indians. Oh yeah it ll be a toss up maybe Grace by 3?????

If you read my post I was commenting on the way the kids play, the atitude, the way they hold themselves, their basketball knowledge when it comes to positioning themselves on the court...this is the coaches responsibility....but if it makes you mad for me to say those things....sorry...don't read them, it is my honest opinion, esp...because I think our kids are good, and have more talent and are better basketball players than the teams that they have lost to have.... chillax 2seam...

I agree with you that Temple seems to be under-achieving this year, but look at their starting line-up. Only 1 returning starter from last year. Kendall P. and Ben M. got no playing time last year, James K. didn't see much action, and Jarod J. is new to the school. Combine that with a 1st year coach with no varsity coaching experience, and maybe we have set our expectations too high.

My biggest frustration is that we lack the scrappiness we've always had in the past. McCallie got way too many 2nd chances on offense because we weren't blocking out, and beat us to way more loose balls than they should have.

But let's try to be patient. We've got a new coach, basically a new team, and have lost our 2nd best player for the season to an injury. Even with all that we've still beaten some good tams and have a chance to be 1st in the district if we can beat the Eagles Friday.

I agree with you that Temple seems to be under-achieving this year, but look at their starting line-up. Only 1 returning starter from last year. Kendall P. and Ben M. got no playing time last year, James K. didn't see much action, and Jarod J. is new to the school. Combine that with a 1st year coach with no varsity coaching experience, and maybe we have set our expectations too high.

My biggest frustration is that we lack the scrappiness we've always had in the past. McCallie got way too many 2nd chances on offense because we weren't blocking out, and beat us to way more loose balls than they should have.

But let's try to be patient. We've got a new coach, basically a new team, and have lost our 2nd best player for the season to an injury. Even with all that we've still beaten some good tams and have a chance to be 1st in the district if we can beat the Eagles Friday.

You make great points- alot of very NEW things this year...but you said it better than I did, we lack a scrappy intensity that we have always had...I guess that is what bothers me... and we have beat some decent teams...but we have also been beaten by decent teams and bad teams...that is frustrating....GO CRUSADERS!!!

Good win by Grace tonight. They played tougher defense than I've ever seen them play. Temple didn't get many uncontested shots within 10 feet of the basket. Patrick Shaughnessy played like it was his last game and must have scored 25. Temple played hard the whole game, but just wasn't the better team. Congratulations Grace. I'm looking forward to the rematch in 4 weeks at Temple.