Livingston beats Pickett County 75-59

hogeye83

I'm surprised about the lack of attention this game got. For those who were unable to attend, this game was tied 26-26 at halftime. Pickett scored the first 4 of the 3rd quarter and then it was all LA. T.J. Smith made three 3's in a row to begin a 14-0 run for LA. Pickett never got closer than 6-8 points. Chase Dunn and T.J. Smith both scored 22 points. Dunn had 19 in the 2nd half. Capps had 25 and Wright 18 for the Bobcats.

I was impressed with Pickett County last night. They have a chance to go a long way this season. Capps played really well. He is the key to their team. LA showed that Wright can easily be contained with a good defensive player on him. Dunn proved last night who is the better of the two.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Capps had the game of his career last night. LA just has so much more deep of a bench than PC, Pickett co. just wore down by the end of the third and couldn't make a run. Jacob has tried to start passing the ball to his teammates more, so this made his third straight game with 18 points, so I don't think LA really contained him. Pickett lost because James Gibson, Brent Logan, and Jacob Brown continue to refuse to take open shots or shots period.....they are still looking for Jacob to score 40 points a game, he clearly is trying to get his teammates invovled. Jacob and TC play that way most nights, I'll take Pickett co to win, but if the other three scorers don't show anymore than they had recently then PC is gonna continue to struggle.Brent logan has to realize that just cause he misses a couple of shots early, that it doesn't mean you quit shooting completely. Jacob Brown is gonna have to start pulling the trigger more. James Gibson was just off last night. LA is clearly the better and deeper team. I will say one thing, I'm sure Chase Dunn is a class act and player, but last night he sure didn't seem like it by some of the things I saw. Now I'm not saying pc's players are clean players or anything like that, cause God knows that Jacob Wright may be the dirtiest player in the upper-cumberland, but I just didn't really like Dunn's attitude on the court last night. He should act more like his teammate Todd Smith.

Capps had the game of his career last night. LA just has so much more deep of a bench than PC, Pickett co. just wore down by the end of the third and couldn't make a run. Jacob has tried to start passing the ball to his teammates more, so this made his third straight game with 18 points, so I don't think LA really contained him. Pickett lost because James Gibson, Brent Logan, and Jacob Brown continue to refuse to take open shots or shots period.....they are still looking for Jacob to score 40 points a game, he clearly is trying to get his teammates invovled. Jacob and TC play that way most nights, I'll take Pickett co to win, but if the other three scorers don't show anymore than they had recently then PC is gonna continue to struggle.Brent logan has to realize that just cause he misses a couple of shots early, that it doesn't mean you quit shooting completely. Jacob Brown is gonna have to start pulling the trigger more. James Gibson was just off last night. LA is clearly the better and deeper team. I will say one thing, I'm sure Chase Dunn is a class act and player, but last night he sure didn't seem like it by some of the things I saw. Now I'm not saying pc's players are clean players or anything like that, cause God knows that Jacob Wright may be the dirtiest player in the upper-cumberland, but I just didn't really like Dunn's attitude on the court last night. He should act more like his teammate Todd Smith.

Jacob Wright is a force. I have watched PC play several games this year & as much as we at LA would like to think has was ???contained??? he wasn??™t. It??™s not all bout the points scored. From what I have watch he is looking at the floor more??¦. looking for his teammates but still taking some of his shots. Wright & Capps makes a good combo but PC need more than just them to step up. Bibb will get it straighten out

Even though PC has a good team??¦. LA is better. . I am a big Chase Dunn fan??¦the boy is unbelievable! He did get a few shots in but don??™t they all? All players push it to see what they can get way with??¦that??™s Basketball. He didn??™t do anything that wasn??™t being done to him. LA has a great team this year no doubt about it but I think some things need to be straighten out buy Richard before it gets worse. From what I have seen this year??¦..I have seen some jealousy & attitudes on the floor. I don??™t know the deal is but the fans can tell. I have heard people around me talk about it too. I noticed it back before Christmas??¦. some games aren??™t as bad as others but it seems to get worse when certain players do well. Come on guys put the attitudes & egos aside and play as a team. I know everyone likes to be the big scorer for the team but I notice players for their assist as much as I do points scored. When Colleges scout??¦..they notice stuff like that. This year is our year??¦..get it together boys! I guess this sounded like a lecture??¦.I don??™t mean for it to. I just want these guys to see the big picture??¦we have the talent to take it all this year.

Go Hogeye!

Yeah well maybe everyone was getting beat up the other night. Crowds will be crowds, LA's fans cheer everytime Jacob messed up or got blocked, so it goes both ways. I said in my previous statement that LA is clearly the better team, because they have a deeper bench and they just wear small school teams with no depth out. I have no doubt that LA won because La played better, but if PC had their 3rd and 4th scorers going they might could have beat la, or atleast it would have been a closer game.

Jacob Wright is a force. I have watched PC play several games this year & as much as we at LA would like to think has was ???contained??? he wasn??™t. It??™s not all bout the points scored. From what I have watch he is looking at the floor more??¦. looking for his teammates but still taking some of his shots. Wright & Capps makes a good combo but PC need more than just them to step up. Bibb will get it straighten out

Even though PC has a good team??¦. LA is better. . I am a big Chase Dunn fan??¦the boy is unbelievable! He did get a few shots in but don??™t they all? All players push it to see what they can get way with??¦that??™s Basketball. He didn??™t do anything that wasn??™t being done to him. LA has a great team this year no doubt about it but I think some things need to be straighten out buy Richard before it gets worse. From what I have seen this year??¦..I have seen some jealousy & attitudes on the floor. I don??™t know the deal is but the fans can tell. I have heard people around me talk about it too. I noticed it back before Christmas??¦. some games aren??™t as bad as others but it seems to get worse when certain players do well. Come on guys put the attitudes & egos aside and play as a team. I know everyone likes to be the big scorer for the team but I notice players for their assist as much as I do points scored. When Colleges scout??¦..they notice stuff like that. This year is our year??¦..get it together boys! I guess this sounded like a lecture??¦.I don??™t mean for it to. I just want these guys to see the big picture??¦we have the talent to take it all this year.

Go Hogeye!

I noticed the egos from where I sat as well the other night. Seems like Chase Dunn was trying to do everything in the second half, seemed like he didn't want Todd Smith to be involved in handling the ball or shooting or anything. Seemed like he wanted it to be a one man show. I guess he's got the big head maybe because he is being looked at by college scouts, which I don't see why D1 is looking at him, I can see Freed or something like that. I mean he is great in high school.....but size does matter, and a lot of his game is driving to the basket and in college he is gonna have to be strictly a shooter, which I don't think will make him as good. I heard he has already been offered by Tech, don't know if their is any truth to that. Again, he's a great high school player, but I don't see how that will transfer over to D1 where everyone is 6'3" or better. But anyway, I don't know what the deal is or anything, but I don't think I would try a cut Todd out of the game plan if I was him, I know us PC fans would sure like a player like Todd up at byrdstown.

I noticed the egos from where I sat as well the other night. Seems like Chase Dunn was trying to do everything in the second half, seemed like he didn't want Todd Smith to be involved in handling the ball or shooting or anything. Seemed like he wanted it to be a one man show. I don't know what the deal is or anything, but I don't think I would try a cut Todd out of the game plan if I was him, I know us PC fans would sure like a player like him up at byrdstown.

I didn't post that for you to attack Chase...he is a great player. That's not what I was trying to get across. I see TJ & Todd not being utilized like they should be. I just want these guys to see the big picture.

I noticed the egos from where I sat as well the other night. Seems like Chase Dunn was trying to do everything in the second half, seemed like he didn't want Todd Smith to be involved in handling the ball or shooting or anything. Seemed like he wanted it to be a one man show. I guess he's got the big head maybe because he is being looked at by college scouts, which I don't see why D1 is looking at him, I can see Freed or something like that. I mean he is great in high school.....but size does matter, and a lot of his game is driving to the basket and in college he is gonna have to be strictly a shooter, which I don't think will make him as good. I heard he has already been offered by Tech, don't know if their is any truth to that. Again, he's a great high school player, but I don't see how that will transfer over to D1 where everyone is 6'3" or better. But anyway, I don't know what the deal is or anything, but I don't think I would try a cut Todd out of the game plan if I was him, I know us PC fans would sure like a player like Todd up at byrdstown.

First of all, Todd Smith scored 12 points in the game so he was definitely involved. Dunn's ego is not a problem. He is a team player. He passed up open looks in the first half to try to get his teammates going. You have probably only seen him play two times this year and are trying to judge him on that. I honestly believe he'll play Division 1 basketball but it doesn't matter what you and I think.

I thought this was a well played game until the 4th quarter when Pickett got a little frustrated. Nothing wrong with it because it only shows they wanted to win this one badly. They just aren't good enough to hang with LA for 4 quarters. And I don't understand why you criticize Logan and Gibson. They both scored 7 points which is about where they need to be. Plus, Gibson had to guard Dunn which obviously affects your ability to be as affective on the offensive end. These two guys are not the problem. Pickett just doesn't have any depth after the first 4. There is always a weak link for them on the court and it catches up to you against teams like LA and Clay County.

Kind of interesting what others have seen with LA this year. I go to all the games and what I see is a pretty good ball team. The 5 coach Melton started the second half against Pickett County are by far the best 5 right now. What I don't understand is why he dosen't play them together more so they will be ready when we really need them. We play so many boys, and combinations it is impossible to get any consistency or know what to do. When it comes down to it LA won't win the big games because the winning combination have not been on the floor enough to be conforable and understand what your other team mates are doing. The 5 I am talking about are. Dunn, great scorer sees the floor and can play team ball when needed. T Smith, good player who has been on the floor a lot. Needs to work on taking care of the ball, stills turns the ball over to much for a senior, great kid. West, best athlete on the team. Holds the team together all the time, scores when needed, best defensive player on the team, give 100% all the time, we can't win if he is not on the floor. He is the leader we all want going into battle. T.J. Smith, best pure shooter to come through LA in a long time, needs to work on defence, but is improving, great leaper with natural ability, will get better if left in game with the other 4 in this group, really like this kid and his great attitude. Wilson, junk player gets everything that on one else wants. Always in the right place for a loose ball, hard nosed and give 100% all the time. Will score when the team needs it the most. Play these guys and blend in the reserves when needed and see how far we will go. Teach defense and slow down the offence. Win games 60-40 instead of 85-83, and see how great hog-eye can be. Those 85-83 games can go either way, but good defense and a slower offence , you win them all. Do these things, and I will buy tickets to the Boro.

14-4...seems pretty good to me, something must be working

Me personally....I didn't imply that it wasn't working. I think they need to take care of what ever is going on if they want to take it to the next level. My point is.... some fans are talking about what we have seen....not all the time. It seems to happen when some players are doing really good. This is just me speaking as a true Hogeye fan. If you are a true fan that follows the games religiously...you have to admit the good with the bad. I agree with Petes ??¦.this is a great team...best I have seen in a long time. I honestly believe this team can take it to state.

I'm surprised about the lack of attention this game got. For those who were unable to attend, this game was tied 26-26 at halftime. Pickett scored the first 4 of the 3rd quarter and then it was all LA. T.J. Smith made three 3's in a row to begin a 14-0 run for LA. Pickett never got closer than 6-8 points. Chase Dunn and T.J. Smith both scored 22 points. Dunn had 19 in the 2nd half. Capps had 25 and Wright 18 for the Bobcats.

I was impressed with Pickett County last night. They have a chance to go a long way this season. Capps played really well. He is the key to their team. LA showed that Wright can easily be contained with a good defensive player on him. Dunn proved last night who is the better of the two.

Pickett is a decent team however they are in 2nd place this year in 7A and while i think they have a solid chance of finishing no worse than that i don't see them going to far. That would mean they would have to beat us and as we know thats not happening.

This is making me sick. From reading Hogeye83's post, I don't think he meant this to be a bash LA thread, whether you are bashing the players or the coach, it's ridiculous. I've known players at both LA and PC over the years, and this has to be one of the best and deepest teams LA has ever had. While my Bobcats have lost 7 games, two of those have been to a better LA team and we've had some injuries. But we'll be fine when it counts in post season. What bothers me are you Livingston people dissing your own squad. What is wrong with you people? Which side of your mouth are you going to speak from next? Lots of other schools would love to have your depth. Now Pete has a problem with even that, but 'go hogeye' right?

Pete, you seem to know a lot about the game and inividual players. I don't, cause I haven't seen them play as much as you, but when I've seen LA play, I can't tell one froml another half of the time. Every player Coach Melton puts on the floor is good and contributes. Why not play them and have them ready for post season as well, in case there needed? Wouldn't it be nice to have a ready bench whose played when it mattered instead of when LA blows someone out? Man, you guys are 14-4 and have played what looks like a tough schedule. If LA were 18-0, what would your problem be then? This is what gets under my skin with some people from LA, nothing will ever be good enough will it? Besides Dunn needing to get rid of the ball at the end the other night, I thought he made some good passes in the first half and didn't shoot as much as I expected, but he took over when needed. That's what prime time players do. Cut the little guy some slack. I bet youd rather LA have him than some else having him. Enjoy that ride while it lasts.

I wonder if there's jealousy on the team, or is there more jealousy in the stands? That's what it sounds like to someone outside of the LA home crowd. I would love to see LA and PC go far. Pete, why don't you coach LA since you have everything right? I looked up LAs record and there opponents average 52 points a game. livingston averages close to 70. Are you watching the same game I was? "Teach defense"????? Even more absurd. LA beats people to death defensively. I wouldn't want to be on the floor against them. They never get out of your face. I know so many true LA fans, but a couple of you guys should be ashamed to have what you have and still find room to gripe. I hate it when players like PCs and LAs work as hard as they do for coaches who love the game as much as Bibb and Melton and some know it all uses a forum like this to try to screw things up for everyone involved. You guys need to commend these people instead of tear them down. Some true fans get sick of negative attitudesand comments from the stands, always finding something wrong when things seem to be going so well. I'll add one more thing. This is no bash on anyone else cause Im sure LA had some good coaches before Melton. But this PC fan liked playing LA better before coach Melton was there. LA beats the crap out of us now.