Dustin Garner #1 (Soddy) vs. Ethan Hames #3 (Bradley)

Da Bears

Bayou - why so contemptuous? You boys are certainly entitled to schedule as you choose, but no need to twist the facts.

Not trying to be nit-picky but it's not exactly "only" legman's choice...... Baylor could decide to stop giving financial aid to athletes and rejoin D1.

12/27/2007 Boys Basketball Baylor 42 - Bradley 39 .... obviously there is no school rule against competing with the d2 schools.

Your facts are skewed. An offer was made but it wasn't this year. It was rejected (Baylor's choice) and I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting on another.

This came directly from the head man's mouth but possibly he could have confused it with a prior year?

It is easy to understand his reasoning for declining the invitation though. I bring my team to your tourney for many a year, year after year. You become upset and uninvite my team the next year leaving me with an open tourney weekend. I have to go to my rival team with my hat in my hand to beg my way into their tourney the same weekend. They give me an open invitation to return the following seasons. After several years you invite me back....how do I know you won't become upset again and uninvite me in the future leaving me hanging again? Guess I better stick with the one I can depend on attending.

Based on very very very early results, Watson vs Hames could be the next great match to never happen just like Simpson vs Keller.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of great matchups never happen. Could list tons of them year in year out. Many have nothing to do with Bradley vs Baylor. Would have loved to have seen them as well. Fun to talk about but a waste of time to argue here. We have known for quite some time that these match ups will never occur.

We could end this debate very easily along with finally seeing some of these match ups we have been missing over the years. All the kids need to enter the Aau regionals and then the state. If we really pushed this it could be quite the tournament. There are no team titles to be won so it wouldnt be about which school gives financial aide and which doesnt. It would be about the wrestling. I know most of the top middle school kids are attending this year regardless of public or private school affiliation. There will be some barn burner matches. As good as some of our High schoolers are there are a whole slew of kids in the middle school and youth ranks that may end up even better. We are heading in the right direction finally. What we need is for one of you more outspoken fans of our sport to push for the kids to compete in this and lets make it a reality.

We could end this debate very easily along with finally seeing some of these match ups we have been missing over the years. All the kids need to enter the Aau regionals and then the state. If we really pushed this it could be quite the tournament. There are no team titles to be won so it wouldnt be about which school gives financial aide and which doesnt. It would be about the wrestling. I know most of the top middle school kids are attending this year regardless of public or private school affiliation. There will be some barn burner matches. As good as some of our High schoolers are there are a whole slew of kids in the middle school and youth ranks that may end up even better. We are heading in the right direction finally. What we need is for one of you more outspoken fans of our sport to push for the kids to compete in this and lets make it a reality.

Good Post, finally someone offers a solution. I forgot Why don't Bradley and Baylor wrestle?