GC Lady Pioneers V. OC Lady Rebels

GCPioneer

i agree with a lot of what you are saying about the officials, they do miss calls on both sides, and fans are bias, but according to the amount of calls against one team, it can help determine the outcome of the scores. and it is a shame when two such talented teams as GC and OC get together to play, they are not allowed to play their own game, for example: you can't play as aggressive as normal, because you are afraid to move anywhere close to another player, without having a foul called on you, and some of the OC fans will agree with that,

Some of the OC fans have said that GC did get alot of bad calls, I'm not sure how many charity shots that OC got to shoot... but GC only shot 3 the entire night, Griffin was the only LADY that went to the free throw line, in the entire game, now explain to me how two teams that work so agreesively down low..can be so uneven on calls... GC had a post player foul out and only two fouls were called against OC in the post. Pretty uneven ... so it can determine the outcome of a game, Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that is what determined this game.. i will make no excusses for the outcome... but it wasn't called even... i just say let the girls play to their ability... and not NIT-PICK...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tightwad, excellent post! You make several legitimate points. I think the official's missed some calls and got a few wrong. But having seen several games, the officials that night were 3 to 1 better than the other games I've seen. I did not see any biased officiating. I did see some questionable calls, in my opinion against both teams. I saw what I would consider a couple of horrible calls in the boys game against OC, but that didn't cost them the game. They were outplayed that night. I think the Lady Rebels were victorious by their own accord, just like they lost at GC by their own accord. I have left the gym angry on more than one occassion due to officiating, but barring a drastic one sided official, they don't win or lose games. To say otherwise is a lack of reality. I think GC has an excellent team that got beaten by an excellent OC team.

As for the official in question, I agree he shouldn't call games in which he may have a vested interest, if for no other reason than to eliminate feelings of bias by either side. That said, I saw nothing to indicate he did anything but call to the best of his ability.

I agree with Tightwad on the competence of Joyner. I have watched many games over the last several years and in my opinion, Donny Joyner is the best referee in the area. Along that line, I see people on the side I am usually sitting on that howl at every call against our team. I am sure it is that way with every team's fans. There are always those who are unable to be objective about the referee's calls and I will admit that I am sometimes one of them.

I agree with Tightwad on the competence of Joiner. I have watched many games over the last several years and in my opinion, Donny Joiner is the best referee in the area. Along that line, I see people on the side I am usually sitting on that howl at every call against our team. I am sure it is that way with every team's fans. There are always those who are unable to be objective about the referee's calls and I will admit that I am sometimes one of them.

Is Joyner still the baseball coach at Milan .

Milan has a chance to finish third (and should) which will more than likely put them playinghe 2nd seed in the semis of the district. Loser of this game is more than likely going to be the 2nd seed. So yes it makes a difference who won it. Not saying Joyner was thinking that, but it did matter to Milan who won.

Jay I understand the 2 vs 3 matchup in the district. As far as I know the district race is tied at the top spot. It is up to GC and OC to see who wins the district and who finishes 2nd. They control their own destiny, as both are still 2 games ahead of whoever is 3rd. Had OC won Milan would only be a game behind OC with a chance to tie for 2nd Friday nite. Unless you can give reasons for what you say that make sense, take another look. If you were in Milan's shoes would you rather have a shot at 2nd or just know you have to play for 3rd.

Are you saying Joyner has that crystal ball and can predict the rest of the season?

If I was GC, after kicking Milan's buttox twice already, it sure wouldn't bother me to see them in the semi's.

I think Dyersburg is the team to watch out for!! The one team that can upset anyone.

Let me tell you folks a funny story!! I was at Bradfford one night a few years ago. Donny was officiating a 6th or 7th grade scrimmage game. For some reason all of the fans were sitting on one side. (redoing bleachers or something on the other). A lady from Bradford sitting behind me hollers out " call one for us ref!!" Joyners Daughter was playing in this game. After he called the 5th foul on his daughter, his wife who was sitting in front of the lady from Bradford turns to the woman and says, you can quit hollering at that ref. The lady says why. Joyners wife says I sleep with him and I can't get him to give us a call either!!! The lady from Bradford not knowing who she was turned Bradford red and never said anything else. moral of the story:: Find something more serious to get upset about than a refereeDid Roney practice today (thursday)

Jay I understand the 2 vs 3 matchup in the district. As far as I know the district race is tied at the top spot. It is up to GC and OC to see who wins the district and who finishes 2nd. They control their own destiny, as both are still 2 games ahead of whoever is 3rd. Had OC won Milan would only be a game behind OC with a chance to tie for 2nd Friday nite. Unless you can give reasons for what you say that make sense, take another look. If you were in Milan's shoes would you rather have a shot at 2nd or just know you have to play for 3rd.

Are you saying Joyner has that crystal ball and can predict the rest of the season?

If I was GC, after kicking Milan's buttox twice already, it sure wouldn't bother me to see them in the semi's.

I think Dyersburg is the team to watch out for!! The one team that can upset anyone.

I agree Dyersburg is a team to worry about. Remember last year, Milan wins regular season, Dyersburg comes in 4th or 5th, but Dyersburg wins the tournament and Milan comes in 4th (always flop in tournament). As for kicking Milan's buttox twice, not sure what that means as GC won both games by 1 point, including double overtime (both on GC's floor). Anyway, if I was GC, I would not want to play Milan and they will probably lose to Milan in a couple weeks in Milan. It is hard to beat good teams 4 times in one season. OC appears to be the District's best team currently, but may get beat tonight.

No, he is no longer the baseball coach. I am not sure why he gave it up but he had been at it for a long time. As far as I know, he is still coaching the golf team.

He gave it up to spend more time watching his daughter play, who plays both softball and basketball. A very good coach, who won a state championship. As stated earlier, he is regarded as one of the area's best referee.

Here is my reason for what I said (which I thought could be understood by my last post) If GC won that game, they could still lose one game and finish first because OC would have two loses. That would put Obion on Milan's (probable 3rd seed) side of the bracket in the district and they (Milan) would play Obion for a chance to go to the championship or consolation if they lose.

Now they (Obion and Gibson) are tied and GC can lose a game and finish 2nd out right or they can lose the coin toss which would put them (GC) on Milan's side of the bracket. It comes down to who Milan wants to play more, a team that is playing great (Obion) or a team that they have lost two twice by a combined 2 points. Make sense enough now.

And not that any one in 13AA is scared of North Side, but I know I don't want to have a chance to finish 4th and play them first round of the region.

I know this is all speculation and the way I am predicting the way the teams to finish is not guaranteed to happen, but it all very likely (in my opinion of course) the way the teams have played thus far.

And at the end of my post I said "Not thinking Joyner was thinking that" which to me implys that he doesn't have a crystal ball and also that he wasn't cheating anybody. But again I guess I need to state everthing instead of leaving stuff to be implied.

Just stating that yes Milan did have a stake in the game.