James C. Haile State Tournament

ptguard12

Heartbreaker for Linden led the whole game lost in the fourth quarter. I felt like there was some questionable call such as an over and back late in the 4th but FCS really fought hard and won. Lost in a great battle to an evenly matched FCS. Really felt like LMS could have gone all the way. Good luck to all. Good Luck to linden in the TNT

From someone who didn't have a "dog in the race". That was as good of a game I have saw all year. I thought Linden was going to win the game. While it was close going into the fourth quarter, the momentum never swayed to FCS until then. When FCS went up by 7 with around 1:40 something in the fourth, I thought "hmm, pretty tough to overcome." Then Lindend roars back and momentum swung back. I believe it was #23 that took the last shot for Linden, it was a tough shot, but he created a pretty good look at the basket. It just didn't go in. As someone who didn't have a kid playing for either team, I hated to see either lose. Both played with a lot of heart. Great support from both sides of the fans too. It created a great basketball atmosphere. As for the call you are talking about, it was questionable. But, I saw that on both sides. Really a great,great basketball game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having played both teams (Crab Orchard and Hilham twice apiece). I give Crab Orchard the edge. I am sure Hilham has improved since we seen them, but honestly IMO Crab Orchard is the most skilled, all around team at the 8th grade level I have seen, possibly ever. CO has it all, they can be somewhat streaky on perimeter shooting, if they are off from outside, the score will stay somewhat respectable. But inside, there frontline (Cole, Dishman, Breeden) are hard for any team to match up with.

I haven't saw Crab Orchard play this year, but in past years they have some good teams. I was wondering, do you or any else remember a kid 2-3 years ago (maybe 3-4 years ago) that played up there that could absolutely shoot the lights out. I mean when he crossed the center line he could pull up and nail it from anywhere. What was his name and where is he now?

I haven't saw Crab Orchard play this year, but in past years they have some good teams. I was wondering, do you or any else remember a kid 2-3 years ago (maybe 3-4 years ago) that played up there that could absolutely shoot the lights out. I mean when he crossed the center line he could pull up and nail it from anywhere. What was his name and where is he now?

You are probably thinking about Cumby ( Danny). He was a real good ballplayer. When he was at CCHS under Coach Buck, they went to Regional Finals and to Seigal for a sub-state game, he had some most memorable games that year playing against Cleveland with Charles Little and company. He could have played either Basketball or baseball at the next level, I just don't think he did the necessary things in the classroom to be eligible. He was one of the better ones in CCHS's history though, no doubt.

I remember the kid you are talking about Daddy but the one who replied to your post said his name was Cumby and I don't think that is right.

While I appreciated his comment, I am like you, that name didn't ring a bell with me either.

If you are thinking of a Jr high kid from CO, it would have either been Cumby, Ballard (SMHS senior now), or Cravens (CCHS soph now). That is within the last 3-7 yrs.

Anyone have any Semi final results from A and AA from last night's games, wondering about whether to plan a trip back down to the 'boro to watch tomorrow?

If you are thinking of a Jr high kid from CO, it would have either been Cumby, Ballard (SMHS senior now), or Cravens (CCHS soph now). That is within the last 3-7 yrs.

Anyone have any Semi final results from A and AA from last night's games, wondering about whether to plan a trip back down to the 'boro to watch tomorrow?

Waynesboro defeated Smith Co. Not sure of the score.

Anyone know semi-final results for:

AA Southside v Cornerstone?

A Crab Orchard v Hilham?

A Allons?

Would appreciate any info on who will be playing in Finals tomorrow...

Southside defeated Cornerstone by 20+ and will play Wayne County in a rematch of last years finals which Southside won. Southside should win by 20+ tomorrow at 11:15.

Crab Orchard defeated Hilham by 20+ and will face Friendship at 4:15 in the 1a finals. Friendship defeated Allons by 12 in last nights other semifinal game. Crab Orchard is clearly the best team in the Haile tournament regardless of classification and should win by at least 20+ in the finals.

Ballard sounds right, but still not sure..I have slept too many times since then /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />. But, thanks though.

Southside defeated Cornerstone by 20+ and will play Wayne County in a rematch of last years finals which Southside won. Southside should win by 20+ tomorrow at 11:15.

Crab Orchard defeated Hilham by 20+ and will face Friendship at 4:15 in the 1a finals. Friendship defeated Allons by 12 in last nights other semifinal game. Crab Orchard is clearly the best team in the Haile tournament regardless of classification and should win by at least 20+ in the finals.

Southside by 20+. What are you smoking? Went to overtime last year. Waynesboro defeated Southside at TNT the next week.