White County vs The Blaze

Mr. Walton

Carter is a good kid and player but it was obvious last night to me that cutter and delaney maybe a notch or 2 better,and the more i watch delaney he is the best all around player in 7aaa after the game blackmon coach even made that comment!!!!

Heard someone say they thought Alex was sick that he didn't play with his normal energy. Could have just been an off night for him. Where did you read/here the comment from Blackman's coach.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, Im looking forward to that trip, I always do. Hopefully we can keep our nice lil win streak going against Sparta /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Here is the thing about Oakland: Going into Sparta, no doubt a hostile enviroment for its opposition, but Oakland has too much experience in big games to ever be intimidated. Delaney is a solid player, but can do whatever he wants? I guess Oakland didnt get the memo. Oakland is always going to be a thorn in White Co's side under Mitchell because they do a good job of getting and guarding White Co's shooters. The games that White Co. has shot a good percentage against Oakland have been games where they gave up too many points to be able to win. SO Sparta has the weapons to beat us? Thats all good and dandy but until it actually HAPPENS, it all falls on deaf ears. The Puckett wasnt healthy excuse doesnt fly with me, White Co had a chance to win that game at Oakland, and just didnt man up.

Offense is all well and good, but when you got a dominating defense like Oakland does, it is going to carry you far longer than the live and die by the 3 mentality. Im looking forward to the challenge that my patriots will face in Siegel and White County next week, they have proved worthy up to this point, so I hope they are up to the challenge.

OP better get all your talking over with right now. Sparta's live and die by the three mentality you are talking about is over. Your about to see what we are talking about w/ puckett. There is a huge difference between an excuse and a reason. Puckett had a REASON to play bad. And your dominating defense youre talking about dominated(?) a team that was going through a slump and had one of their main men down due to illness. Oh, and your defense is going to have to do more than just a GOOD JOB to stop Sparta. Put that in your book, jot iit down.

OP better get all your talking over with right now. Sparta's live and die by the three mentality you are talking about is over. Your about to see what we are talking about w/ puckett. There is a huge difference between an excuse and a reason. Puckett had a REASON to play bad. And your dominating defense youre talking about dominated(?) a team that was going through a slump and had one of their main men down due to illness. Oh, and your defense is going to have to do more than just a GOOD JOB to stop Sparta. Put that in your book, jot iit down.

Just chill man, I am just having a little fun with all of the folks from Sparta, I have tons and tons of respect for their program. White Co has had the reputation of having great shooters and will continue to do so. I am not slaming on Puckett, but merely scoffing at the notion that the reason why White Co. lost was because they didnt have him at full strength, they had a chance to win the game and they couldnt make the plays. By the way, that dominating defense I was talking about, just dont take my word for it, look at Oakland's schedule and results, they have held 6 teams to 40 or less and 10 teams to 45 or less, and have only allowed 50 points or more 4 times, so its not like im just going off one game to base an opinion. Puckett or no Puckett, its going to be a great game provided that both teams win all of their games up to this point.

White county was slumping when they played Oakland. It appears the slump is over. I don't pick winners and losers much over the years here on coachT, but if WC continues to play like they were last night and early in the season Oakland will not beat White county. Looking forward to the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

White county was slumping when they played Oakland. It appears the slump is over. I don't pick winners and losers much over the years here on coachT, but if WC continues to play like they were last night and early in the season Oakland will not beat White county. Looking forward to the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I worry about white county jut because they can get hot.

And reallll hot.

Oakland doesn't rely on the 3 and sometimes won't hardly hit at all from 3.

I still think oakland can beat them

I worry about white county jut because they can get hot.

And reallll hot.

Oakland doesn't rely on the 3 and sometimes won't hardly hit at all from 3.

I still think oakland can beat them

youre right Oakland could beat us, our boys better remember that. Oakland is never going to be a pushover, I hope WC comes out of the gates fast because we dont seem to be a very good come from behind team. With that being said I truly think Sparta is the better team of the two.GO WARRIORS

youre right Oakland could beat us, our boys better remember that. Oakland is never going to be a pushover, I hope WC comes out of the gates fast because we dont seem to be a very good come from behind team. With that being said I truly think Sparta is the better team of the two.GO WARRIORS

Is Sparta probably better on paper? Yes, but if you want to use reason, Oakland didnt play all that well either in that and shot for a pretty bad percentage, but done what they have done all season, just win. This team isnt always the best team on the court, but you will be be hard pressed to find one that plays better together. A number to keep in mind: Mitchell v. Oakland---- 0-10

I didn't get to the game last night but from what I hear it was a lot like the Siegel game for the Blaze. The game started out with a couple of steals and White County is hot and Blackman is cold. Blackman has young point guards and they can get frustrated. The opposition works on shutting down Carter and the other guys are average shooters. If they are not hitting you are down 20 points before you know it. As for Delaney he is a good player but if I had to guess about it I would say he was guarded by one of the small point guards. Most 6'3" players can score a lot of points on a 5'5" guard. I know in games against Oakland and Riverdale Delaney only scored 8 and 5 points. Sparta has a whole team of shooters so no one can concentrate on stopping one player. It makes it easy for players to put up big numbers especially against a team having a bad night. Blackman doesn't have that. Alex is face guarded and shadowed every where he goes and usually double teamed. From what I heard, last night was not a good game for him but he still came through with 11, which is probably the least he has scored all year.

Keep your spirits up Blackman, you have played some good games against good teams this year. You almost beat Oakland after the Siegel loss so put this behind you and go on to Warren County.

Yea you wasn't at the game and no they didn't just face guard your Carter your Blaze couldn't get to him because they couldn't see him. WC played team D i seen carter standing in the corner alot no way to get him the ball WC D just took your Blaze to school thats all can't blame it on a bad night it would happen again tonight if they played