White County vs The Blaze

Mr. Walton

So Puckett is Back? Good news for Sparta. I was a little worried about winning games without a big post.Hopefully we can have Greene knocking threes down from everywhere and Delaney doing what he does best.I think we will finally get back on track.Maybe not tonight,but soon .

we need or pre-Kentucky team back /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Delaney has absolutely stepped it up a few notches. He is an awesome player. Tonight he was extremely impressive at the free throw line. And it seemed like he lived there. Great job by the whole team. Back on track.

Agree. We seem to be back on track. Look out the rest of 7AAA. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Kyle Delaney has absolutely stepped it up a few notches. He is an awesome player. Tonight he was extremely impressive at the free throw line. And it seemed like he lived there. Great job by the whole team. Back on track.

Delaney has been playing pretty good even through our slump, but like you said he really stepped it up tonight. Thats what great players do.

Oakland is waiting for ya /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Nope. White County is waiting for Oakland. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Oakland has to do the traveling next time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Delaney has been playing pretty good even through our slump, but like you said he really stepped it up tonight. Thats what great players do.

And lets not forget about Stewart Mitchell. He played like a true point guard last night. We have a great team and assists has not been one of wc's strong points but Stewart was top notch last night. He played like a very good ball player . He didn't seem to have any trouble dishing the ball off in a crowd. The best thing the team did was not let up when they got a few points ahead except for a few minutes in the second half and coach Mitchell called time out and stopped that.

WATCH OUT OAKLAND! You beat a Sparta team that was in a little slump and there post man wasn't even 40%. I can't wait to see the game.I will agree with the Delaney post. He is tough. The bad thing is for the other teams is that they yet to see Tyler Greene be is best. We have a great starting 5.Everyone of them can hurt the district.Brown can get the crowd going, Puckett is a beast,Mitchell can post up smaller guys,and Delaney he can do whatever he wants.

Nope. White County is waiting for Oakland. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Oakland has to do the traveling next time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Believe me, Im looking forward to that trip, I always do. Hopefully we can keep our nice lil win streak going against Sparta /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WATCH OUT OAKLAND! You beat a Sparta team that was in a little slump and there post man wasn't even 40%. I can't wait to see the game.I will agree with the Delaney post. He is tough. The bad thing is for the other teams is that they yet to see Tyler Greene be is best. We have a great starting 5.Everyone of them can hurt the district.Brown can get the crowd going, Puckett is a beast,Mitchell can post up smaller guys,and Delaney he can do whatever he wants.

Here is the thing about Oakland: Going into Sparta, no doubt a hostile enviroment for its opposition, but Oakland has too much experience in big games to ever be intimidated. Delaney is a solid player, but can do whatever he wants? I guess Oakland didnt get the memo. Oakland is always going to be a thorn in White Co's side under Mitchell because they do a good job of getting and guarding White Co's shooters. The games that White Co. has shot a good percentage against Oakland have been games where they gave up too many points to be able to win. SO Sparta has the weapons to beat us? Thats all good and dandy but until it actually HAPPENS, it all falls on deaf ears. The Puckett wasnt healthy excuse doesnt fly with me, White Co had a chance to win that game at Oakland, and just didnt man up.

Offense is all well and good, but when you got a dominating defense like Oakland does, it is going to carry you far longer than the live and die by the 3 mentality. Im looking forward to the challenge that my patriots will face in Siegel and White County next week, they have proved worthy up to this point, so I hope they are up to the challenge.

Carter is a good kid and player but it was obvious last night to me that cutter and delaney maybe a notch or 2 better,and the more i watch delaney he is the best all around player in 7aaa after the game blackmon coach even made that comment!!!!

I didn't get to the game last night but from what I hear it was a lot like the Siegel game for the Blaze. The game started out with a couple of steals and White County is hot and Blackman is cold. Blackman has young point guards and they can get frustrated. The opposition works on shutting down Carter and the other guys are average shooters. If they are not hitting you are down 20 points before you know it. As for Delaney he is a good player but if I had to guess about it I would say he was guarded by one of the small point guards. Most 6'3" players can score a lot of points on a 5'5" guard. I know in games against Oakland and Riverdale Delaney only scored 8 and 5 points. Sparta has a whole team of shooters so no one can concentrate on stopping one player. It makes it easy for players to put up big numbers especially against a team having a bad night. Blackman doesn't have that. Alex is face guarded and shadowed every where he goes and usually double teamed. From what I heard, last night was not a good game for him but he still came through with 11, which is probably the least he has scored all year.

Keep your spirits up Blackman, you have played some good games against good teams this year. You almost beat Oakland after the Siegel loss so put this behind you and go on to Warren County.