Baylor Vs. McCallie

allsaints

90 - Once again, you need to fast forward to something relevant to the present instead of dwelling on hypothetical situations that won't ever happen. No need to ask me to talk straight as that's the only way I talk, therefore why I ###### you guys off so much.

If you are asking me if I would consent for Baylor to withhold the same opportunity afforded all the other children in their school because they deemed it somehow beneficial to the greater school body or another individual student to the detriment of my child then I say NO WAY NO HOW. Now if I don't perceive it as a detriment to my child then its probably OK - would depend on the situation and whether I thought the recipient of our charity was deserving. You think this stance makes me a bad person? That's OK - you're entitled to your opinion. Grow up, raise a family, work hard to provide the best you can for them, then let us know if your opinion stays the same. My first allegiance always lies with my family over any institution, business, organization, etc. Is that "simple" enough for you?

Private schools are in the business of selling an education for children. They can do so because for the most part folks believe their children receive a superior education to the one they can get for free at the local school. They charge huge sums of money to provide these services and the paying customers expect excellent service for their money and for the most part their expectations are met. When those expectations are not met, folks get fighting mad - comes with the territory of dealing with someone's children.

Maybe you can relate to this since you are childless. Imagine you purchased a new Lexus with all the bells and whistles and when you have the car in for service the dealership removes the air conditioner and puts it in another car because they felt that the other person needed an air conditioner worse then you because they weren't as healthy or strong as yourself - would you be alright with that?

Are you a democrat as you appear to be quite benevolent with other folk's property or rights.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90 - Once again, you need to fast forward to something relevant to the present instead of dwelling on hypothetical situations that won't ever happen. No need to ask me to talk straight as that's the only way I talk, therefore why I ###### you guys off so much.

If you are asking me if I would consent for Baylor to withhold the same opportunity afforded all the other children in their school because they deemed it somehow beneficial to the greater school body or another individual student to the detriment of my child then I say NO WAY NO HOW. Now if I don't perceive it as a detriment to my child then its probably OK - would depend on the situation and whether I thought the recipient of our charity was deserving. You think this stance makes me a bad person? That's OK - you're entitled to your opinion. Grow up, raise a family, work hard to provide the best you can for them, then let us know if your opinion stays the same. My first allegiance always lies with my family over any institution, business, organization, etc. Is that "simple" enough for you?

Private schools are in the business of selling an education for children. They can do so because for the most part folks believe their children receive a superior education to the one they can get for free at the local school. They charge huge sums of money to provide these services and the paying customers expect excellent service for their money and for the most part their expectations are met. When those expectations are not met, folks get fighting mad - comes with the territory of dealing with someone's children.

Maybe you can relate to this since you are childless. Imagine you purchased a new Lexus with all the bells and whistles and when you have the car in for service the dealership removes the air conditioner and puts it in another car because they felt that the other person needed an air conditioner worse then you because they weren't as healthy or strong as yourself - would you be alright with that?

Are you a democrat as you appear to be quite benevolent with other folk's property or rights.

If that's the way you feel, then fine. I just think you're seeing this whole situation in the past obviously from a one-sided view. But that's fine. I don't need to continue an arguement that will get either one of us no where. Thanks for answering my question...?

Nostradamus Awards

Believe me- all of us over at McCallie, all though we hate to say it, agree with all. It's not going to be pretty. At all. It will be quick given the difference in talent and the fact that McCallie hasn't had a full line-up all year long. Having said that, it's obvious that McCallie will be giving up some forfeits, it's been a factor all year, it's not just going to be at the Baylor match. ..................

The excitement will come at 112 and 135. Those two will be the big matches of the night. 119, 130, and 145 could be interesting as well. We'll see!

Wrestle90----Looks like you get the "closest to the pin" award (pun intended) for hitting those two matches dead on the head. Since you are with the EBE, that makes your "call'em as I see'em" very impressive. I'm planning a trip to Vegas soon. Would you care to tag along as my betting advisor.

bear cat brown---post Jan 14 2008 - 05:53 PM

Might go down as one of the quickest matches in these two fine schools history. No big showdown this year, my smokin the good stuff friend.

Allsaints, there will be years in the future that a good match will occur, but not this one. I see 112, 119, and possible 135 if Shuford makes weight, as the only competitive matches. Sending 9 young men out there will not get the job done. But I wish all that participate the best.

BCB, you might have won the award but for your way-off base Shufford at 135 comment, which you later backed-up with a "some inside information has Shuford as the 135 for TBSFBAG" post. As a paid spokesman for TBSFBAG, you should be getting better information.

allsaints-----post Jan 14 2008 - 04:05 PM

Never too early to start the gossip about the big showdown. My conservative prediction: McCallie by 4. /quote]

Allsaints, the man with a foot in both houses, you get your money back for finishing dead last but you also get the gutsy post of the year award for be willing to step up and start off this topic with that post. BCB----mark this one down for your year end awards. Allsaints, I still want some of what you were smoking at the time----------I am racked by horrible joint pain and feel certain this could make it go away.

MBA/Ryan up here in the midstate tonight and some are thinking it could be just as one-sided. Does anybody see anything short of injuries stopping a classic Ryan-Baylor final in D-II state duals?

Nice post. As a friend I'll give you some advice on how to handle all that other junk. Come to Greeneville. One heck of a public school and bring your son too. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> They don't ever let up do they?

Go Baylor next weekend.

Nostradamus Awards

Wrestle90----Looks like you get the "closest to the pin" award (pun intended) for hitting those two matches dead on the head. Since you are with the EBE, that makes your "call'em as I see'em" very impressive. I'm planning a trip to Vegas soon. Would you care to tag along as my betting advisor.

Hey what can I say? I know my stuff! Wrestling's a passion boys!

The grappler is alive and well despite the trouncing friday night. I have been licking my wounds. I guess you want to claim a victory in the Middle school duals today even though we were missing our studs.

Grap- Baylor middle school didn't wrestle at full strength either; nevertheless, Baylor won. I looked everywhere for you Friday night. I saw BCB warming up, so it's a good thing you didn't show because he's a big man.

CC

Hooker @ 112 looked very impressive against a very strong Baylor wrestler. I had not been able to see him wrestle, but he looks very fluid and tough from all positions on the mat. How old is he? Is he a local kid or a bording student? I had just never heard of him until this year. He has a bright future for McCallie. I hope the Baylor coaches can come up with some sort of gameplan to slow him down. Has he had any heads up matches or common opponents with Bauke from CBHS?

Hooker @ 112 looked very impressive against a very strong Baylor wrestler. I had not been able to see him wrestle, but he looks very fluid and tough from all positions on the mat. How old is he? Is he a local kid or a bording student? I had just never heard of him until this year. He has a bright future for McCallie. I hope the Baylor coaches can come up with some sort of gameplan to slow him down. Has he had any heads up matches or common opponents with Bauke from CBHS?

He has been around for a while, but this is his first year of High School wrestling. But definitly a tough wrestler. Last year, he placed 2nd at Liberty, not sure of any other accomplishments, but have seen him wrestle many times and is very good on top.

He is an 8th grader at McCallie this year. He's from Maryville but has moved here during the school year. Great kid, great wrestler. He travels to tournaments all over the country out of season. Big accomplishments in season this year: He won the McCallie Invitational, He placed 5th in the Oviedo tournament down in Florida, He won the Father Ryan Tournament, He won the Brentwood Tournament, and punished Manley from Baylor 9-0 in the Baylor/McCallie dual this past Friday. He's wrestled some good kids from Georgia as well and beaten them. He should definitely be looking to follow along the same path as his teammate TJ Duncan in becoming a state champion in 8th grade and going on to be a 5-timer. He's a real hard working, dedicated wrestler. He has yet to wrestle Baucke and hopefully we'll see that Friday night when McCallie wrestles Christian Brothers in the duals. Look to hear a lot more from him...