Midnight Madness game

BigG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read on a post that Brandon Tarr was not going to play this season.

Ummm... yeah. We're still working through some stuff. Teenagers are like East TN weather. You think you have it all figured out, then it turns 20 degrees on Wednesday last week then 64 on Sunday!

Nothing is final yet.

Pretty good game i must say, you could definately tell it was the first day of the pre season. But I thought this was going to be the year CAK would let the title slip, but for some reason they have players step up every year and make them a huge threat. If Brandon plays again this year and puts his full effort in they are state champions for sure.

Also, by the time #12 becomes a senior i think we will be looking at an AMAZING player(Alcoa)

VERY COLD!!!!

Pretty good game i must say, you could definately tell it was the first day of the pre season. But I thought this was going to be the year CAK would let the title slip, but for some reason they have players step up every year and make them a huge threat. If Brandon plays again this year and puts his full effort in they are state champions for sure.

Also, by the time #12 becomes a senior i think we will be looking at an AMAZING player(Alcoa)

VERY COLD!!!!

Much appreciated Pinball (you should have introduced yourself!). We have a long way to go, though I was VERY impressed with a bunch of my players.

You are right, that #12 is amazing, and Alcoa has a very young team, with a bunch of guys still not playing for different reasons. I think they will be a dominant team once Coach Gorman gets his full squad and has some time to work with them. He is an amazing coach. I have the highest respect for him.

Brandon officially decided today that he was going to take the season off. We have talked a lot over the past 2 weeks, in many meetings, and did not come to that decision lightly. While many other teams are probably very happy not to have to play against him, I will definitely miss him as a player (duh) but more as a young man. I have known him since 6th grade, and he and I have a great relationship which will continue even though he is not playing. As I said before, there is so much more to this sport than kicking a ball. Sometimes, it's knowing when not to kick it, or even, when to put your cleats up for a bit.

I know my boys will be up to the task for this season, but I also know that there are MANY quality teams that are equal to that, as well.

Sad about Brandon, On his first goal, ill go ahead and say that even Iker Casillas and Oliver Kahn couldnt of saved that rip.

I do expect to see CAK in the finals regardless, also G, who is the long haired blonde kid in the middle..maybe #20?

Zack Propes. EXCELLENT touch and very creative. I think this will be his best season yet. He is a junior.

is your goalkeeper this year G? is it luke?

Yes. Luke Bonewitz is the starting keeper. Very talented young man, who was in the unfortunate position of being a year behind 2 All State goalkeepers of Drew Gorman and Brent Davidson. Both Drew and Brent graduated, so it is finally Luke's time to shine.

luke shouldn't let you all down. i played club soccer with him and was impressive. CAK always seems to find good goalkeepers. No team should underestimate CAK even though you all lost Drew and Brandon, CAK should prove that they along with Catholic are the teams to beat in a/aa. Cant wait to watch the CAK/ KCHS game, it should be a very competitive game. good luck in the rest of your season G.

luke shouldn't let you all down. i played club soccer with him and was impressive. CAK always seems to find good goalkeepers. No team should underestimate CAK even though you all lost Drew and Brandon, CAK should prove that they along with Catholic are the teams to beat in a/aa. Cant wait to watch the CAK/ KCHS game, it should be a very competitive game. good luck in the rest of your season G.

Many thanks, Zon. I think Catholic will be ready and rockin come April 18th! Looking forward to it!

Good luck to your season as well, and keep us posted!