District 11 AA

putboobieincoach

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baggett pitched for Waverly complete game. Fairview pitched their catcher and the firstbase man each three innings. Fairview got a break early when Waverly got a hit with runners on second and third but the runner on second ran into the shortstop and was called for interefence. Fairview didnt play well defensively and on a taylor made DP ball that went through the SS legs would have gotten out of the inning 0-0 instead of behind. I know you can't assume a DP but come on, the SS fields the ball and steps on the bag makes a throw the inning is over. The other runs came with runners on second and third and 2 outs and a 0-1 count Waverly got a bloop over second that scored two.

Fairview had at least one runner in scoring position every inning but could not get a clutch hit. They only had two for the game. Baggett was wild and walked six, could have been more if Fairview hadn't swung at everything close.

Looks like today atr 430 MC vs. Fairview in an elimination game

700 Waverly vs. Sycamore- I like Waverly's chances with Purcell on the hill.

Baggett pitched for Waverly complete game. Fairview pitched their catcher and the firstbase man each three innings. Fairview got a break early when Waverly got a hit with runners on second and third but the runner on second ran into the shortstop and was called for interefence. Fairview didnt play well defensively and on a taylor made DP ball that went through the SS legs would have gotten out of the inning 0-0 instead of behind. I know you can't assume a DP but come on, the SS fields the ball and steps on the bag makes a throw the inning is over. The other runs came with runners on second and third and 2 outs and a 0-1 count Waverly got a bloop over second that scored two.

Fairview had at least one runner in scoring position every inning but could not get a clutch hit. They only had two for the game. Baggett was wild and walked six, could have been more if Fairview hadn't swung at everything close.

Looks like today atr 430 MC vs. Fairview in an elimination game

700 Waverly vs. Sycamore- I like Waverly's chances with Purcell on the hill.

Wat do u think the indains chances are with mills on the hill tonight against fairview? I hear Fairveiw is heavily favored..

If Mills throws like he did against Creek Wood, MC wins this one easily. Fairview bats yesterday were no where to be found, and Mills is not the pitcher against whom your bats come alive. I do think Fairview will put the ball in play, so MC defense may be the key to this one.

Looking a head, the best for both of these teams would be for Sycamore to beat Wavo tonight. That would mean the winner would play Waverly tomorrow for a region berth. Waverly could be in trouble if they lose tonight. They used Baggett last night so he is done for the week. Purcell would be done if he pitches tonight. That would leave Stevens, Wanamaker, and Gilbert as option for Waverly, and none of those three strike fear into anyone. Waverly only managed to score three runs off a pitcher making his second career start yesterday. Waverly needs to do everything they can to win tonight and hope that no one upsets Sycamore tomorrow or they could be watching the regionals at home.

If Mills throws like he did against Creek Wood, MC wins this one easily. Fairview bats yesterday were no where to be found, and Mills is not the pitcher against whom your bats come alive. I do think Fairview will put the ball in play, so MC defense may be the key to this one.

Looking a head, the best for both of these teams would be for Sycamore to beat Wavo tonight. That would mean the winner would play Waverly tomorrow for a region berth. Waverly could be in trouble if they lose tonight. They used Baggett last night so he is done for the week. Purcell would be done if he pitches tonight. That would leave Stevens, Wanamaker, and Gilbert as option for Waverly, and none of those three strike fear into anyone. Waverly only managed to score three runs off a pitcher making his second career start yesterday. Waverly needs to do everything they can to win tonight and hope that no one upsets Sycamore tomorrow or they could be watching the regionals at home.

mills is a very good pitcher, but cw did hit him hard several times. he is good i agree, but he is hittable. i think fairview has a better chance than what everyone is given them.

I agree boobie. There's not a nickel's worth of difference in anybody in the district when you start getting down to the #3's. It takes pitching and lot's of it to go anywhere in the post season.

In 12 AA it looks like the winner of Bolivar and Southside will face Lexington in the championship game. Lexington would be my last choice in that group, but the other 2 are not slouches.

GET FIRED UP!!! I tell ya what! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Waverly has put on a show this season... So what is the list of events for the rest of the week? Little Gar, can you fill me in on the times and what not?

GET FIRED UP!!! I tell ya what! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Waverly has put on a show this season... So what is the list of events for the rest of the week? Little Gar, can you fill me in on the times and what not?

Waverly plays the winner of the Sycamore and Fairview game (played at 4:30 tomorrow) at 7 tomorrow night. If Waverly wins they win the district tourney. If they lose I assume a game would be played Thursday but I don't know the time.