District 11 AA

putboobieincoach

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycamore pitched, i would say their 4 or 5 guy, Jase. He could be a number 1 but has command problems, but he can bring it. With him pitching it put sycamore in a good spot with their 1,2, and 3 ready to roll. I can see sycamore rolling through the tourney, especially with the upset of creekwood.

I assume that the Adam pitched for SC and Purcell for Waverly. Sounds like this was an amazing game. All of the play in games looked like barn burners except Sycamore-Cheatham.

In Fairview Adkinson pitched a gem for Fairview. Johnson pitche well for Hapreth as well. Both breezed through the first couple of innings. Johnson had some control problems and walked six int he game and gave up five hits. The hits Fairview got came at critcial times, runners in scoring position and two outs a couple fo times. Harpeth's only scoring threat was in the fourth. Lead off reached on base hit, then an error by the third base man, with two on and zero outs, Andy Brown sac bunted which made no sense whatsoever. Then next batrter popped to first and then a K to end the inning. Adkinson had 9 Ks and 0 walks and both pitched a complete game.

Sets up some good match ups for tomorrow and Monday. Waverly and Fairview game should be good. Boith games this year were close heading in to the late innings when Waverly pulled away because Fairview had fielding issues.

Sycamore-MC could be good, but Sycamore will probable pull away in this one.

Creek Wood has the wonderful role of hosting the tournament and not playing in it. That always stinks, but most in the district probably are loving it as CW's coaches and players dont seem to be liked by any one in this district.

I assume that the Adam pitched for SC and Purcell for Waverly. Sounds like this was an amazing game. All of the play in games looked like barn burners except Sycamore-Cheatham.

In Fairview Adkinson pitched a gem for Fairview. Johnson pitche well for Hapreth as well. Both breezed through the first couple of innings. Johnson had some control problems and walked six int he game and gave up five hits. The hits Fairview got came at critcial times, runners in scoring position and two outs a couple fo times. Harpeth's only scoring threat was in the fourth. Lead off reached on base hit, then an error by the third base man, with two on and zero outs, Andy Brown sac bunted which made no sense whatsoever. Then next batrter popped to first and then a K to end the inning. Adkinson had 9 Ks and 0 walks and both pitched a complete game.

Sets up some good match ups for tomorrow and Monday. Waverly and Fairview game should be good. Boith games this year were close heading in to the late innings when Waverly pulled away because Fairview had fielding issues.

Sycamore-MC could be good, but Sycamore will probable pull away in this one.

Creek Wood has the wonderful role of hosting the tournament and not playing in it. That always stinks, but most in the district probably are loving it as CW's coaches and players dont seem to be liked by any one in this district.

no one at creek wood likes you either so i guess we are even.

4:30 FV vs. Wavo 7:00 MC vs. SY. Will be tarped. We will try our best to be the best host possible. Can't control the rain falling from sky, but we can control how wet the field gets. Congrats to all winners and good luck. No exscuses here, the better team won the MC and CW game on 4/30. They played better than CW. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP MD/CD!!!!!!!!!11111

My understanding is that the format did change for next season. The #1 and #2 seeds will host a 4 team double elimination bracket. Regular season champion is automatically in region. Winners of 2 brackets play single game for region seeding. If regular season champion loses in bracket, loser of game between bracket winners goes home, winner of regular season and winner of tournament go to region with regular season champion being a 2 seed at region.

This is a much better format. I've always hated the play in game, but not as bad as I hate the one and done sectional game. My opinion is the best TEAM should have more than one stud pitcher. That sort of bears itself out at state. Getting to state should be no different. You're going to have to have 3 or 4 pitchers at least to get through the post season.

Thanks Andy, Ben, Joseph and Aaron for the memories. It's been fun watching you guys play the last 4 years and I wish you guys all the best in the future. Alot of folks were moved by the 30 minute player's only meeting after the loss last night at Fairview. You guys passed the torch with class and dignity. I appreciate everything you've done for the program at Harpeth and the standard that your class has set.

My understanding is that the format did change for next season. The #1 and #2 seeds will host a 4 team double elimination bracket. Regular season champion is automatically in region. Winners of 2 brackets play single game for region seeding. If regular season champion loses in bracket, loser of game between bracket winners goes home, winner of regular season and winner of tournament go to region with regular season champion being a 2 seed at region.

This is a much better format. I've always hated the play in game, but not as bad as I hate the one and done sectional game. My opinion is the best TEAM should have more than one stud pitcher. That sort of bears itself out at state. Getting to state should be no different. You're going to have to have 3 or 4 pitchers at least to get through the post season.

Thanks Andy, Ben, Joseph and Aaron for the memories. It's been fun watching you guys play the last 4 years and I wish you guys all the best in the future. Alot of folks were moved by the 30 minute player's only meeting after the loss last night at Fairview. You guys passed the torch with class and dignity. I appreciate everything you've done for the program at Harpeth and the standard that your class has set.

i agree this format will be much better.