District 11 AA

putboobieincoach

That's a good win for Fairview.

Sycamore beats Waverly to finish in first, Waverly 2nd. Central beats Stewart County to basically wrap up 6th. Harpeth has to win 2 of 3 to have a shot at 4, one to stay in 5th. If they lose 2, Fairview will wind up 4th for sure. If Harpeth and Fairview or Harpeth and Central wind up tied, I think Harpeth has the tie breaker with a win over Waverly. Alot of baseball to be played for the 4,5 and 6 spots but Central is spectating.

Sycamore 12 1

Waverly 11 3

Creekwood 9 4

Fairview 6 6

Harpeth 4 7

Mont. Central 5 9

Cheatham Co. 2 10

Stewart Co. 2 11

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 11AA Standings After Monday Nights game

Team W L

Sycamore 12 1

Waverly 11 3

Creekwood 9 4

Fairview 6 6

Mont. Central 5 9

Harpeth 4 7

Cheatham Co. 2 10

Stewart Co. 2 11

Central can't finish higher than 5th because they can't catch Fairview.

Harpeth just has to win one game to get in the 4-5 match up as they have the tiebreaker over Central for beating a higher seed.

Fairview is in the 4-5 match-up

Stewart holds the tiebreaker over Cheatham if they remain with the same win total.

it was 8 to 5 creek wood goin into the bottom of the sixth. cw had costly errors. we have stewart co. tomorrow.

Actually it was 8-4 going into the bottom of the 6th. Creekwood had four errors in the inning. I believe Fairview had 5 errors and 2 flyballs that dropped without anyone touching that contributed to 7 unearned runs from the Redhawks, so neither team played sound defense last night. Sometimes you have to get a win anyway you can.

It looks like most teams have locked their seed up for the tournament.

Congrats to Sycamore for winning regualr season.

Waverly has to be the surprize team of the year finishing at 2.

Creek Wood is locked in at 3.

Fairview can finish 4 or 5, depending on the outcomes of the DH monday with Harpeth. If they spilt, Fairview is 4. If Harpeth sweeps then Harpeth is 4 and Fairview is 5.

Harpeth can finsih 4,5, or 6. If they win one more game they are at least 5, they have to win all three to be 4, lose all three and they are 6.

MC can finish 5 or 6. If Harpeth loses all three remaing games MC is 5. If Harpeth wins one game MC is 6th.

SC and Cheatham will finished tied for 7 and 8 most likely. Bertier is correct in the fact SC has the tiebreaker if they finsihed tied. Both have one more game left. SC has CW today at home and Cheatham has Harpeth today at home. If both win SC has tiebreaker with a win over the higher seeded tema in CW. If both lose, SC still has the tiebreaker with a win over the higher seeded tema in Harpeth. Cheatham's only shot to move to 7th is to beat Harpeth today and hope SC loses to CW tonight.

Actually it was 8-4 going into the bottom of the 6th. Creekwood had two errors in the inning. I believe Fairview had 5 errors and 2 flyballs that dropped without anyone touching that contributed to 7 unearned runs from the Redhawks, so neither team played sound defense last night. Sometimes you have to get a win anyway you can.

I agree. but the errors that hurt the worst are the late ones. everyone is gonna make them. but its usually the late ones that kill you.

I agree late errors will hurt more. What was surprising was that it wasn't just one person. The centerfielder and right fielder both bobbled balls on singles that let runners advance. The third baseman made a critical error by letting a ball go through his legs with the tying run on second that would have ended the game. The first baseman dropped a throw on a routine grounder that kept the inning going for Fairview as well.

But, on the other hand, Fairview made five errors to which led to 7 of the 8 CW runs being unearned. I think that all the runs that scored in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th innings for CW came after the first two men were retired by Fairview to start the innings.

Alot of baseball is who can capitalize the most on the other teams mistakes, and CW had chances to score more and didn't and Fairview obiviously did in the 6th.

I agree on Waverly being the surprise team. I didn't see this coming in watching middle school and high school ball the past 3 or 4 years. They had a solid team this season and their young pitching came through.

I'll have to go back and see what predictions I pulled out of thin air. I'm sure I had Sycamore and Creekwood 1 and 2 and Central up pretty high. Losing their stud pitcher hurt them.

From Jan. 16, 2008

I'll start, but don't hold me to anything. I think the district is wide open this year. It'll probably come down to pitching.

Sycamore- Got this one

Montgomery Central- Missed badly

Creekwood- Got this one

Harpeth- Not sure yet

Stewart Co.- Missed

Fairview-Not sure yet

Cheatham- Got close on this one

Waverly- Really missed badly

I agree late errors will hurt more. What was surprising was that it wasn't just one person. The centerfielder and right fielder both bobbled balls on singles that let runners advance. The third baseman made a critical error by letting a ball go through his legs with the tying run on second that would have ended the game. The first baseman dropped a throw on a routine grounder that kept the inning going for Fairview as well.

But, on the other hand, Fairview made five errors to which led to 7 of the 8 CW runs being unearned. I think that all the runs that scored in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th innings for CW came after the first two men were retired by Fairview to start the innings.

Alot of baseball is who can capitalize the most on the other teams mistakes, and CW had chances to score more and didn't and Fairview obiviously did in the 6th.

true and also 7 of the 9 runs that fairview scored in the sixth were unearned.