all time great w. tn players

volfan007

Jason Black, Marlon and Marcus Bright, and Justin Harrell are some great players from Westview that need to be added to the conversation! All played or are playing college ball and 1 is in the NFL.

A few other names being left off of the list are Richie McHaney, Brandon Shane, and Adrian Higgs all from Greenfield, these boys could really play some ball! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just speaking about Bolivar right now...because until I started following them the last several years-I am not educated enough about the other schools former players to guess!

I do know the Delk bro. were good at Jax. Northside under Coach Hill. Coach Varnardo's son was pretty darn good too. And of course Tony at Haywood.

Bolivar has been very blessed to have top shelf talent almost year after year. Ashley, Petey, Brian Lake and so many more that have been mentioned previously.

But our two most recent Div. I players need to have more said for them...just b/c their in the here and now.

Wayne Chism will end up being a major talent. He has a real NBA shot. He is learning the ropes and speaks with confidence while being interviewed. He also has a great personality-to go along with his God given BB gifts. This will help him down the road. I've gotta say that there were people on Coach T who ragged Wayne pretty bad while he was in high school. Well, that's their right...but I wonder what they think now?

Willie Kemp ran the floor like no one I've ever seen. He was in control, knew what to do and did it.

I'd given anything if he'd went to UT. He and Wayne would have been one fantastic match, since they really knew each other's play. But he thought U of M was a better fit for his circumstances (and maybe it was). However, I'd like to see him on the floor more. For whatever reason...he's not even getting a fair share of playing time. If he makes 1 mistake-coach pulls him out. The only thing to help him get that college game is PLAYING TIME!!! Give it to him and Calipari might be surprised.

Sorry to ramble. W. TN is blessed with talent. And that is for all schools! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 2 months later...

New to the forum, so excuse the tardy reply.

I agree with all players mentioned. I would also add two other Northwest TN fellas: Mark Hardy from Palmersville....3-time first team All-Stater, first team AAU All-American and runner-up to Popeye for Mr. Basketball that year. Saw him light up Lake county one game for more than 50 his junior year - smart player.Originally signed at Southern Cal but backed out at last minute and wasted away at UTM with Cal Luther.

And Peewee Edwards from Westview...also fizzled at UTM but one of the best athletes I have seen from the area. Incredible hops and court awareness. His size kept him off the Div I recruiters radar screens - had several offers from Div II and NAIA schools but truly fun to watch.

Just my $0.02

-Snider

New to the forum, so excuse the tardy reply.

I agree with all players mentioned. I would also add two other Northwest TN fellas: Mark Hardy from Palmersville....3-time first team All-Stater, first team AAU All-American and runner-up to Popeye for Mr. Basketball that year. Saw him light up Lake county one game for more than 50 his junior year - smart player.Originally signed at Southern Cal but backed out at last minute and wasted away at UTM with Cal Luther.

And Peewee Edwards from Westview...also fizzled at UTM but one of the best athletes I have seen from the area. Incredible hops and court awareness. His size kept him off the Div I recruiters radar screens - had several offers from Div II and NAIA schools but truly fun to watch.

Just my $0.02

-Snider

Welcome aboard. Do you follow AAU?

Thanks!

I used to follow it closely many years ago - around the time when players like Hardaway & Hardy played - but not so much anymore. I was most familiar with the Memphis-area teams (i.e. Memphis Bellevue & the YMCA teams).

It's fun reading a lot of the posts with names of people I used to watch play regularly.

-Snider