Former TN High School Standouts

GCPioneer

I just got done watching Duke and Clemson. I got to watch Terrance Oglesby. Not bad starting for an ACC team in your Freshman year. What high school did he attend in Tennessee?

Thaddeus Young, Brandon Wright, Corey Brewer, to name a few recents in the nba now

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaddeus was at GT,

What about J smith at Tennessee wow he has turned out to be a GREAT player!

Thaddeus is playing for Phila and has been playing quite well lately. Don't foret about Shawne Williams from Memphis is playing for Indiana. As well as the center for Indiana...isnt he from Nashville???

1. Ramsey is far from #1 JUCO player in the country.. hahaha..he doesn't compare to the guy who is number one. My boy Mario Little at Chipola has that honor and committed to Kansas.

2. Terrance doesn't start at Clemson. He does get plenty of playing time and putting up great numbers. Went to Bradley Central

3. Wayne Chism- heck of a game, heck of a guy. Tyler Smith- one and done at UT. JP Prince- needs more work before he leaves.

4. nobody mentions Delk, Willie Kemp, or any of the other great D1 players from Tennessee (mostly memphis and west TN area)....

Shawn Marion is having a very good NBA career. What has happened to the Delk twins who played at Jackson Northside and Mississippi State? Also Xavier Webb (Hansbro?) who prepped at West Carroll and played very little while at Ole Miss?

Reginald is redshirting at Louisville dont really know about richard...i think its a smaller d-1 though

I know he's not recent, but what about Penny Hardaway? He's awesome.

Exactly, thats what i was wondering. everyone is talking about the past two years, but we are talking about Former high school greats, as in the complete past of tennessee high school basketball. Chism And Smith and all those guys are good, but lets not forget the players from further back than 2 or 3 years ago:

Penny Hardaway(Treadwell)

Tony Delk(Haywood Co.)

David Marsh(Alcoa)

Michah Marsh(Alcoa)

Travis Stinnet(Alcoa)

Herman Thompson(Alcoa)

A.W. Davis (Rutledge High)

Steve Hammer(Middleton)

Bill Justus(Fulton)

Jim Montgomery(Kittrell)

Donald Dodgen(Gatlinburg Pittman)

Just to Name a few