Gold Ball Predictions

Unionvegas

Its not the teams fault but it is the coaches fault. The very best christmas tournament for girls in the state of Tn is held 30 miles to the west (the mid south classic) and there is no doubt that Stone could have played in it. Where they could have played teams like Jackson County, Upperman, Livingston Academy, Cookeville, Dyer Co, Clarkrange, Heritage, Oliver Springs etc.. All very good girls teams. Had they come down here and won it, then you could say we can compete with teams from the Upper Cumberland but until that happens you'll just be Stone Memorial from Crossville that plays the weak East Tn teams.....

I agree that upper cumberland teams are strong. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> However, I wouldn't state that east/west teams are weak. Have you seen any of those teams play?? I get bent out of shape when folks from Gleason/Forrest talk about how terrible, weak JC is...blab blab blaab. Lets wait and duke it out at the 'boro with these folks. But, stating that they're weak isn't a correct assumption.Matter of fact, words such as this makes folks hate JC even more. Lets be proudful fans to a limit.

When we win the state, then we can be boastful. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that upper cumberland teams are strong. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> However, I wouldn't state that east/west teams are weak. Have you seen any of those teams play?? I get bent out of shape when folks from Gleason/Forrest talk about how terrible, weak JC is...blab blab blaab. Lets wait and duke it out at the 'boro with these folks. But, stating that they're weak isn't a correct assumption.Matter of fact, words such as this makes folks hate JC even more. Lets be proudful fans to a limit.

When we win the state, then we can be boastful. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nah I'm not biased toward region 7 AA although unlike you for other regions I do have respect for them... even though they're not the region my team plays in. I am biased toward SMHS /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> . I mean hey- if ya wanna talk about history they've been to the Boro every year they've been in existence! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I also, though, recognize that excellent basketball does not ONLY reside in the Upper Cumberland ( and yes, Stone Memorial IS located in that region of the state..)

Austin East now has their core back - the two guards who were suspended for the first half of the season. When Cumberland County only had one high school they played very tough teams from East Tn- Cleveland, Walker Valley, Bradley County...

And Cleveland is coached by a former player from a once amazing AA powerhouse Meigs Co... so dominance has not always been in the Upper Cumberland.

Again - you are missing the point, which is it's great to think your team is the best ( which they very well may be) but it's ok to recognize that there are other equally good teams out there.

I appreciate your humor..But, I am also biased toward region 2-3A in football. Why? because on a yearly basis someone form that district(girl's bb)/region(fb) has a strong chance to play in Murfreesboro and win it. Does that mean I am disrespectful, certainly not. Maybe in your eyes it does, well if it does the I am sorry you percieve it that way. Making it to the state is a great accomplishment for 8 teams per class per year.

I also don't get where you are coming from about all this east tn. business? Not one time have I mentioned that they are weak or inferior. And if you will re-read post #42, you will see that I have heard SMHS is a very good team. I know AE won it last year. I think you have me confused with midtensportsfan. So, maybe, I am not missing the point as bad as you think. I was just saying earlier you can't judge by scrimmages or we beat them and they beat you kind of thinking. It would probaly be a great match-up. I agree this is pointless, maybe they will meet up down the road.

Oliver Springs Vs. Collinwood in the finals of 1A. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Jackson County looks like everyone's favorite but I do not think anyone would say that this team is better than the team 2 years ago. They lost in the finals to Chapel Hill.

Plus, one thing for sure about picking games; If everyone picks one way, go the other way. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to all.

Give thanks to Jesus for all things!!!!!!!!!!!

jc is much stronger denfensive and offensive than two years ago and it was no contest when they played oliver springs earlier this year but anyone can lose in tourney a bad game and your history, but JC has to be favorite going in with the competion they play, question is can they handle the pressure of being the target of everyone as the team to beat? I pick JC and Clarkrange for the gold and LA in aa will play for the gold I believe.

Some of your post about living in the past and gold balls was left up in the post.

You are talking about old trophys that are being polished that would be the past. Talk about an easy region DCA and #7 Station Camp 19-3. Upperman and LA should be worried about getting out of the region, just because york has been whippin up on all of ya'll. lol..oh by the way the weak region that Marshall County plays in Has accounted for 2 of station camps 3 losses. One of the teams that beat them may not be good enough to get to the region. The other is in about third in their district. Thats not the past. I think only one team from your district will advance because DCA is not that great.

Uppermans best team in many many years was last years team. This team is not as good as last years team. Before you go and make your predictions as to who will win the gold ball and the silver, and say bring any team from middle tennessee on and well beat them......remember the past...last year

Oh and Marshall County will beat you again. 2 of their losses are to #1AA OC and 9AAA ranked Smyrna.

P.S. I am not a Marshall County homer...I just know great basketball

I will give you this York, Jackson County, LA, Stone, and upperman are the best...in the uppercumberland ....Jackson County the onlly best in the state.

LA has beat Jackson County 2 out of the 3 meetings this year. Not many teams can say that.

I've never said that Jackson County is weak. Just getting to the state tournament is an accomplishment in itself. You'll probably make it back. Last year was just a proud moment for Gleason.

I've never said that Jackson County is weak. Just getting to the state tournament is an accomplishment in itself. You'll probably make it back. Last year was just a proud moment for Gleason.

The difference between programs is that some are just glad to be there while others EXPECT to compete to win it year in and year out. You are right though it is a big accomplishment to make it to the state tourney and there are NO weak teams at Murphreesboro.

Some of your post about living in the past and gold balls was left up in the post.

You are talking about old trophys that are being polished that would be the past. Talk about an easy region DCA and #7 Station Camp 19-3. Upperman and LA should be worried about getting out of the region, just because york has been whippin up on all of ya'll. lol..oh by the way the weak region that Marshall County plays in Has accounted for 2 of station camps 3 losses. One of the teams that beat them may not be good enough to get to the region. The other is in about third in their district. Thats not the past. I think only one team from your district will advance because DCA is not that great.

Uppermans best team in many many years was last years team. This team is not as good as last years team. yea, rightBefore you go and make your predictions as to who will win the gold ball and the silver, and say bring any team from middle tennessee on and well beat them......remember the past...last year

Oh and Marshall County will beat you again. 2 of their losses are to #1AA OC and 9AAA ranked Smyrna.we'll see

P.S. I am not a Marshall County homer...I just know great basketballnow that's funny

I will give you this York, Jackson County, LA, Stone, and upperman are the best...in the uppercumberland ....Jackson County the onlly best in the state.Well we (LA) beat the best in the state tonight...2 out of 3 ain't badGood song too

I am glad you know so much!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No disrespect to JC, they played great and your players and fans are a class act in victory or defeat.

gimme that that that Boro gimme that that that Boro

gimme that gimme that gimme that boro...

Sticks in my head every time I hear the name ( in a good way)

I don't know how good they are.

But I hope they do well.

I really don't see how you can leave Stone Memorial out of the AA mix, especially when talking about York and LA.. both of whom SMHS has defeated

All good teams.

Doesn't Stone Memorial have a walk on or two from the Clarkrange area? I know C. Brown started for CRange at one time and D. Dishman played at South Fentress Miiddle School.

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />