Perry County vs. Collinwood

jjjmomma

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im only going by what it says on the schedule handed out by the school, and apparently jjj, who i take is from perry, has the same thing on their schedule.

Not saying I'm 100% correct. Just that I read it this week In the Columbia Herald and that's what I heard by word of mouth. Either could be wrong.

Districts are at perry this year.

That's correct!! District 12A is definitely at Perry Co. this year!! Region is at Mt. Pleasant!

Big win for Perry Co. at Perry Co. It will be tough to win the district tournament on their home floor if they play like they did last night.Does anyone know if Dabbs has signed to play ball anywhere? or if she is planning on playing college ball?

Dabbs has not signed yet! She has been looked at by several schools, but has not made a formal decision as of today. Probably holding out to the end of the season.

Dabbs played well for Perry County having 22 at halftime.Im not sure how many she had at the end.For Cwood they had 3 girls with double figures Andrews, Daniel and Rich . It was a very physical game and the refs let Perry County get by with a little more than they should. But it was a good game.

could someone that was at this game give a little info please? who played well for each team?

Perry Co. got alot of fast break points in the first half as our girls did nto get back on defense and allowed Dabbs to get layup after layup after layup. However Lesley D. kept us in the game by driving alot and getting to the free throw line. Our trojanettes shot alot of free throws, but we struggled at times from the line, especially Abby A. early in the game. Perry co. struggled from there as well, especially their post player, but I dont they got the number of attempts we got until we had to start fouling them in the fourth. We held the Treadwell girl to only five points, but PC's point guard scored alot and they had some freshman that hit two deep three pointers at key points in both the first and second half. In the first meeting at collinwood, our bench played alot better than they did friday night. We didnt get alot of help off the bench like we typcially do. I didnt think that the referees let PC get away with any more than they did us. They could have called Lesley and Treadwell for pushing off a bunch of times, but they let it go on both ends. Im pretty sure that our girls shot more free throws than they did, they might have caught up when we had to start fouling in the fourth, and they had more team fouls than we did, so I dont think we can blame the referees. But Im a really old fashioned guy and dont believe that you should ever blame a loss on the referees. I give credit to Perry Co. because they are a pretty good team and they just played really well at home like they always do every year. Our girls will have to play harder, hit our free throws, and get back on defense better, if we meet up with them in the district tournament.

It's a lot more interesting than I expected.

It typically is with the top four teams in 12A.

Perry County's win over Collinwood is not that big of a shock. The Lady Vikings were the District 12A Tournament Runner-Ups a year ago and they returned all five starters (four of which are seniors) from that team. They have a go-to player in Dabbs, who is as versatile and athletic as any player in Class A. They appear to have a solid group of underclassmen, most of whom can contribute significant minutes. They were playing at home, where they have not lost a game thus far this season.

I agree with an earlier post; it will be very difficult to beat Perry County in the District Tournament on their home floor. In fact, if memory serves me right, the last time Perry County hosted the District 12A Tournament, they were, in fact, the tournament champions.

Perry Co. got alot of fast break points in the first half as our girls did nto get back on defense and allowed Dabbs to get layup after layup after layup. However Lesley D. kept us in the game by driving alot and getting to the free throw line. Our trojanettes shot alot of free throws, but we struggled at times from the line, especially Abby A. early in the game. Perry co. struggled from there as well, especially their post player, but I dont they got the number of attempts we got until we had to start fouling them in the fourth. We held the Treadwell girl to only five points, but PC's point guard scored alot and they had some freshman that hit two deep three pointers at key points in both the first and second half. In the first meeting at collinwood, our bench played alot better than they did friday night. We didnt get alot of help off the bench like we typcially do. I didnt think that the referees let PC get away with any more than they did us. They could have called Lesley and Treadwell for pushing off a bunch of times, but they let it go on both ends. Im pretty sure that our girls shot more free throws than they did, they might have caught up when we had to start fouling in the fourth, and they had more team fouls than we did, so I dont think we can blame the referees. But Im a really old fashioned guy and dont believe that you should ever blame a loss on the referees. I give credit to Perry Co. because they are a pretty good team and they just played really well at home like they always do every year. Our girls will have to play harder, hit our free throws, and get back on defense better, if we meet up with them in the district tournament.

I agree 100%. This was a very accurate summary of the game. I agree that the referees let both team get away with quite a bit, but they by no way favored Perry County. The fouls were like 9-3 sometime in the first half with 9 being against PC, so I don't think PC was favored. They just played hard and came out with a good win!! These top 4 teams will be something to reckon with come region! Kazeray Dabbs & Becca Leegan led their team respectively with Dabbs scoring 29, 22 of those points in the first half, along with 4 3-pointers and Leegan scoring 20! Collinwood had 3 girls in double scoring: Daniel 23, Andrews 17 & Rich with 12.