Oneida beats Wartburg

knight2

Was not able to attend the game tonight what happen? I had heard Oneida has been playing well since Christmas but Wartburg has also.

OS with 1 lost

Wartburg with 2 lost

Oakdale with 3 lost

Coalfield with 3 lost

Oneida with 4 lost

OS and Coalfield plays this Tuesday night and if Coalfield can pull out another one this district will be wide open?

Still have to give the edge to OS with just one lost and having Coalfield and Wartburg on the schedule and Wartburg having to Play Coalfield and Oakdale and OS still.

This might be the best dirstict Tour. in the state this year with any team able to beat the other. It could be a toss up who comes out of it.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The teams battled to a 5-5 tie at the end of one. Wartburg ued a 17-4 advantage in the second to build a 22-9 lead at the break. The Lady Indians storme back in the 3rd to tie the game at 26-26 before two Lady Dog free throws put them up 28-26 heading into the fourth. Thats when two Oneida freshman took over, scoring 12 of the 17 Oneida points. Alex Bond scored seven in a row for the Lady Indians to knot the score at 34-34 with thee to play. Wart went up 38-34 before Ali Love drained a triple from the corner and a pair from the stripe to pu the Lady Indians up 39-38. From there Robbins, K. Lay, and N. Lay hit some free tosses to make it 43-38

Well there it is!!! I have got to tell you I've not heard anything better all year! I heard that the wartburg team didn't play very hard. Probably due to their 20 point win over Oneida earlier in the season. Wartburg is an overrated team in my opinion and I doubt they will come back from this loss.

Oakdale Killed Sunbright tonight and now look to be in very good position to come back and finish second in the dist.

I think there are problems with this wartburg team. Not the ego thing dave but something else. Last night we had senior players that did not understand the game situation. Some that had 3 fouls played like they had none, there was little composure, and we have a post player that has been as you've said out of order for the last 4 games!

Changes need to be made to wake the girls up! They acted like the game was won after half-time! I will lose a lot of respect for coach davis if he doesn't get them back together for the stretch run in the district! I think that he has many players on the bench capable of driving in out of control and throwing the ball out of the gym!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Oneida! Great win for your team.

Oneida almost beat Oakdale early in the season so I don't see this as a major upset! Also, I have never thought that the wartburg team was loaded with great talent. Outside of about three players you don't have a great team. I felt that the play that beat Oakdale shouldn't have ever happened because McWorter hacked Ruppe and it wasn't called.

Oakdale will prove to be a better team in the long run. And for once I can't say that it will be due to coaching! So, amazingly I'm about to defend your coach against playermom (What a change in roles) Who should Davis sub in? Face it your team is too short to compete for anything other than the district! I can't see them really being able to handle a good post. Face it if O'dell isn't hurt for most of the first half the other night we probably win. Coach Davis can't do very much about the fact his team is short. Also, they don't appear to be very quick either. Someone needs to get their point guard some help because she may be the most out of shape player in the district! So I'll go along with that being the coaches fault.

Wartburg needs to understand that they may have gotten the best out of this team already! They will finish this distric something like 6-4 or 5-5

Dave,

You sound like a either a dad or some type of fan that cannot stand to be on the losing side. The fact is that Wartburg beat Oakdale at Oakdale's game a slow place game not a running type that they usually play. You need to just get off our coach and start worring about who will replace Snow when he steps down. I hear that he is thinking about this in the next year or so, is his son ready or will someone else take over. I look forward to watching Wartburg go to Oakdale and play on Feb. 6th I think that it will be a very good game. All you people that is negative of our coach just need to lay off and let him do his thing and let the season play out like it needs to.

Wartburg won 60-24

The lady dogs started 2 Juniors and 1 Soph. and rotated in units of players subbing 4/5 ever few minutes. They played with great energy and I thought that McWorter and Armes bots did a great job alternating at the point. Also, Madison and Anna did a nice job at the 5 spot. Maybe the Oneida loss was the best thing for the team!

I think there are problems with this wartburg team. Not the ego thing dave but something else. Last night we had senior players that did not understand the game situation. Some that had 3 fouls played like they had none, there was little composure, and we have a post player that has been as you've said out of order for the last 4 games!

Changes need to be made to wake the girls up! They acted like the game was won after half-time! I will lose a lot of respect for coach davis if he doesn't get them back together for the stretch run in the district! I think that he has many players on the bench capable of driving in out of control and throwing the ball out of the gym!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Oneida! Great win for your team.

I WILL AGREE WITH YOU. The Lady Dogs look like a team that is on the decline. Maybe the coaching is taking effect. They have gradually been going down hill. People are playing out of position and some that could help, have no position. Everyone with REAL basketball knowledge had an idea that this would happen. What was the score the last time these teams played? What is the maturity level (experience) difference in the two? That's what I thought! The "coaching" is starting to evolve with each team. Can't wait to see how this thing plays out. Oh yeah, Wartburg does have the ATHLETES to match up with and beat the teams is this district. Everyone knows that. They also have to be used to the best of their ability. EVERYONE should realize that, too! Beating Rockwood makes you forget about the rest? It shouldn't!

I felt like the effort was poor in the second half at Oneida. The coaching wasn't bad in my opinion. The team is 4-2 in the District with a chance to be competitive the rest of the season. The team dominated Oneida for 6 out of 8 quarters played this year. Remember that Oneida only lost to Oakdale by 5! One other thing to think about is the fact that this team went 14-10 in the regular season a year ago and this year I think they're looking at 15-16 regular season wins and could get to 20 with some luck in the tournaments.

chillR,

If you're coaching the team what would you do differently? What players are out of position? Who doesn't have a position that needs one? I'm not sure how people can get on here and say that this team is not performing well. Most said they would finish behind Oak, OS, and Coalfield early in the year and now they stand in second place. After watching them play Saturday they looked much, much, better!