Chattanooga Area Top Ten

mtnman

One thing I've learned about ALL high school sports: talent is important, but motivation is what makes successful teams. The most talented team I ever played on was 2003--we were loaded with all-state quality players. We lost the first game of the district tournament. The following year, after graduating 7 starters or so, we were cheated out of a regional finals appearance.

The difference? The was a group of seniors on that '04 Ooltewah team that was dedicated and had their heads on straight. We organized our own practices starting in October, without a coach of course. It was great being a part of that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn killed Ooltewah last year and only lost four seniors..they should be good this year..they also tied eventual state champions Baylor and Farragut..got a good group of starters coming back..it will be between them and cleveland this year for the region..no ooltewah

chs I agree Cleveland and McMinn will be tough teams to contend with this year. They always are. But its a little early to start picking who will win regions. If your a Cleveland or a McMinn player and think that the Owls are going to roll over....well than they have you where they want you, overconfident.

And the '07 Region Champions Soddy Daisy might have something to say about '08 regions before all is said and done. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Good Luck to all

Loaded?? I know ND always has a good program, and is very well coached but.. loaded? I know they lost a lot of talent.. so who do they have returning?

Mclovin lets not be coy....they are Loooadeddd. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Iagree totally....let's get to the real season. Notre Dame's first game is March 13 against Sequachie County....I think 7:00.

Can't wait for the real season to start. When everyone has their team set.....the best they can. Curious about schedules.....who plays who in their first game. And when is that game.

We are looking for big things this year. Should be a great year for the Owls. We scrimmage at the Owls Nest this Friday night against Baylor...looking forward to it. Baylor will be a hugh test for us.

Have not heard much about Ooltewah so far. Aren't they supposed to be really good this year. I heard that they picked up some strong out of area transfer players. Curious.

So much for the Owls Nest.....scrimmage has been moved to Baylor today. Our field will not hold water and Baylor's field will. They have a beautiful soccer facility with I guess a great drainage system? Big test for Ooltewah.....Go Owls!

We are looking for big things this year. Should be a great year for the Owls. We scrimmage at the Owls Nest this Friday night against Baylor...looking forward to it. Baylor will be a hugh test for us.

From you post you have alot of knowledge of CCS...probably a parent. Notre Dame lost alot from last years team. You mention that CCS last their top 2 scorers but that is all from last years team. And that their is ample firepower this year. Who is stepping up for your team so far. I know that the real season has not started but teams are getting a feel for who goes where now. Eleven seniors is alot of experience.

Two of the top scorers graduated but there is ample firepower still in the stable. Last year was supposed to be a down year but they made it all the way to the state semi-finals before falling to CAK 2 to 0. This should be a good year, barring injuries, considering there will be eleven seniors

and a lot of experience for a team that makes it a habit of making it to the state tournament. There is also a couple of freshmen that should contribute greatly to the team.