Maryville vs. Bearen

Rebelsfan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a real good game. If Maryville wins they more than likely will be the number 1 seed out of the district. Bearden is probably playing the best ball of anyone in the area right now. I'm going to have to say Bearden wins a very close game by no more than 5 points. If it weren't for Tennessee/Kentucky I would be at this game.

This is going to be a real good game. If Maryville wins they more than likely will be the number 1 seed out of the district. Bearden is probably playing the best ball of anyone in the area right now. I'm going to have to say Bearden wins a very close game by no more than 5 points. If it weren't for Tennessee/Kentucky I would be at this game.

Well, I guess you could say I'm picking MHS because that is who I am a fan of and your picking Bearden because that is who you're a fan of.

Well, I guess you could say I'm picking MHS because that is who I am a fan of and your picking Bearden because that is who you're a fan of.

I watched Farragut play both Maryville and Bearden last week. Right now, I think that Maryville is the better team. The teams are well matched inside; however, Maryville shoots the ball better. Blake Jenkins is the one match-up that will fall in Bearden's favor, but it may not be enough for Bearden to win.

Ha, now who's playing the best basketball in TN? Maryville? I loved how DeMonte's mom was showing her muscles like her son had talent (not like he doesnt). Well, look who came out on top for the second time this year - The almighty Maryville Rebels! Let's see, Bearden WAS #2, now let's see your new rankings. By the way - I'm pretty sure Jordan Damaron (JD) is the best clutch player in TN. He hit 3 3-pointers in OT. WOW!!!

1. Oak Ridge

2. Maryville....

?. Bearden

I give Bearden credit. In the 2nd half, they pretty much shut down out 3 point play. They have 4 very athletic players - 50, 33, 23, and 1. I was always worried when they took it inside. 33 also threw down a nice dunk too.

The officiating was horrible in the fourth quarter and overtime. The refs called an intentional foul against Bearden that should have been only a regular foul, and, in the last play of the game, Blake Jenkins drove to the bucket and got hammered but no foul called. Maryville may still have won anyway, but I just hate to see the refs have such a negative influence in a well played and tough game. Also, Simpson was the best big guy on the court tonight. Rebelsfan, be careful what you say. Bearden is the most improved team in the district this year. They could easily become the team to beat as the teams go into the tournament.