DII Outlook

willbrenth

CBHS BETTER BE THE BEST TEAM IN THE WEST.....THEY DON'T PLAY ANYBODY!!!!!!!!THE ONLY TEAM FROM WEST TN THAT I SEE IS A CHALLENGE IS USJ (AA)....I DON'T THEY (CBHS) CAN BEAT THEM!!!!!IT SHOULD BE A CAKE WALK FOR CBHS THIS YEAR,UNTIL THEY GET TO THE STATE AND SEE SOME GOOD TEAMS.

I think I've seen you post on espn.com about the University of Memphis basketball team. It looks verbatim to what you see on there. To say CBHS doesn't play anybody is laughable. Ever heard of the National Classic out in Anaheim? There is usually a decent team or two out there. The USA Classic? A national tournament that CBHS hosts. http://cbhs.org/baseball/Var_schedule.htm There is a link to their schedule if that helps. I wont make any bold predictions about USJ because I know they are a good team and program, but I will tell you its not two games I'm worried about. Where did you come up with your theory that CBHS doesn't play anyone, if its jealousy I understand and I'm sorry.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've seen you post on espn.com about the University of Memphis basketball team. It looks verbatim to what you see on there. To say CBHS doesn't play anybody is laughable. Ever heard of the National Classic out in Anaheim? There is usually a decent team or two out there. The USA Classic? A national tournament that CBHS hosts. http://cbhs.org/baseball/Var_schedule.htm There is a link to their schedule if that helps. I wont make any bold predictions about USJ because I know they are a good team and program, but I will tell you its not two games I'm worried about. Where did you come up with your theory that CBHS doesn't play anyone, if its jealousy I understand and I'm sorry.

I'VE SEEN CBHS SCHEDULE FOR 2008...AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE...CBHS DOES NOT PLAY ANYBODY IN WEST TN..IT'S A CAKE WALK..THEY SHOULD WIN 30+ GAMES EASY!!!THAT'S NOT TO SAY THAT THEY AREN'T A PRETTY GOOD TEAM,THEY JUST HAVE A EASY SCHEDULE,FOR A TEAM LIKE THAT I WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD HAVE A STRONGER SCHEDULE. IT'S NOTHING TO BE JEALOUS ABOUT ..IT'S JUST "FACTS".. DON'T GET UPSET...THIS IS JUST FRIENDLY CONVERSATION. AGAIN, USJ IS THE ONLY STRONG TEAM IN WEST TN THAT CBHS PLAYS.

I'VE SEEN CBHS SCHEDULE FOR 2008...AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE...CBHS DOES NOT PLAY ANYBODY IN WEST TN..IT'S A CAKE WALK..THEY SHOULD WIN 30+ GAMES EASY!!!THAT'S NOT TO SAY THAT THEY AREN'T A PRETTY GOOD TEAM,THEY JUST HAVE A EASY SCHEDULE,FOR A TEAM LIKE THAT I WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD HAVE A STRONGER SCHEDULE. IT'S NOTHING TO BE JEALOUS ABOUT ..IT'S JUST "FACTS".. DON'T GET UPSET...THIS IS JUST FRIENDLY CONVERSATION. AGAIN, USJ IS THE ONLY STRONG TEAM IN WEST TN THAT CBHS PLAYS.

Who do you suggest they play to beef up their schedule? Most friendly conversations I've had don't involve someone taking a shot at somone else. To be more clear you took a shot at CBHS's schedule, saying it is weak. We play who we have to play for our district and outside of that there aren't alot of local teams we are playing. We got invited to the tournament out in Anaheim like I said, and to even allude that that is a weak tournament is funny. It is pretty much the same tournament the 95 national championship Germantown team went to. I get the feeling you don't have much knowledge in general and even less about CBHS. Do me a favor, hit the caps lock.

Who do you suggest they play to beef up their schedule? Most friendly conversations I've had don't involve someone taking a shot at somone else. To be more clear you took a shot at CBHS's schedule, saying it is weak. We play who we have to play for our district and outside of that there aren't alot of local teams we are playing. We got invited to the tournament out in Anaheim like I said, and to even allude that that is a weak tournament is funny. It is pretty much the same tournament the 95 national championship Germantown team went to. I get the feeling you don't have much knowledge in general and even less about CBHS. Do me a favor, hit the caps lock.

NOTHING HAS CHANGE....I STILL FEEL THE SAME...LET ME HIT THE CAP LOCK REAL QUICK. I have enough knowledge to know a weak schedule when I see it. I guess the only way to find out is to wait for the season to start. You must be a past or current player to have this much knowledge of the team. Good luck this year,I hope CBHS goes all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck in Anaheim

NOTHING HAS CHANGE....I STILL FEEL THE SAME...LET ME HIT THE CAP LOCK REAL QUICK. I have enough knowledge to know a weak schedule when I see it. I guess the only way to find out is to wait for the season to start. You must be a past or current player to have this much knowledge of the team. Good luck this year,I hope CBHS goes all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck in Anaheim

outside of the required region games, Christian Brothers plays literally anyone that will schedule a game with them. no body likes to lose, but the probability of losing when competing vs. the Brothers is pretty great based on past records. this can be attributed to the teams that might be considered "weaker" on the Brothers schedule in addition to the ones that are competitive year-in and year-out in their respective regions. BUT before you say, "i told you so," take this into consideration. there are 4 national high school baseball tournaments played throughout the country. this season, Christian Brothers plays in 2 of those tournaments, one as a host.

that fact just might indeed disprove your theory.

hmmm...wildcats....bolton?

So no suggestions on who should be on the schedule to make it what you would consider to be tough

? I think very highly of Houston's program, and always feel like Collierville is a good team. Hartselle Alabama and Lexington Catholic are both on our side of the bracket at the USA Classic so for us to win it we would have to either face them, or a team that beats them. O'Fallon IL wasn't bad last year, and we have them again. Olive Branch usually has a pretty competitive team so I'm wondering who you think we should play? Also why the lack of respect for the teams I have named, locally and nationally?

So no suggestions on who should be on the schedule to make it what you would consider to be tough

? I think very highly of Houston's program, and always feel like Collierville is a good team. Hartselle Alabama and Lexington Catholic are both on our side of the bracket at the USA Classic sp for us to win it we would have to either face them, or a team that beats them. O'Fallon IL wasn't bad last year, and we have them again. Olive Branch usually has a pretty competitive team so I'm wondering who you think we should play? Also why the lack of respect for the teams I have named, locally and nationally?

Let me think about that for awhile!!!!!

With CBHS playing in two (2) national events how can anyone say they don't play a difficult schedule. Yes, their Memphis & West Tennessee opponents are all not top tier but if local teams refuse to schedule the Brothers it's not their fault. Why is CBHS not playing Bartlett & Germantown? Would those teams not be great out of conference games for all of the teams?

With CBHS playing in two (2) national events how can anyone say they don't play a difficult schedule. Yes, their Memphis & West Tennessee opponents are all not top tier but if local teams refuse to schedule the Brothers it's not their fault. Why is CBHS not playing Bartlett & Germantown? Would those teams not be great out of conference games for all of the teams?

Germantown isn't what it used to be, its been on the decline for quite a while. They are still a decent team, but not at all what it was back when Phil was coaching there. As for Bartlett, I agree that would be a fun game to watch because I think they are both very talented teams. There is no love loss between Coach Kelso and Coach Clark, so you generally don't see either one of them going out of their way to schedule the other.

I watched BGA play last year down here in Florida and Moore was not their best pitcher. Isaacs was much more effective and I was told by a parent that he had 3 wins against Top 10 national teams. This kid could not only pitch but he looked great while playing a position. Isaac's was clearly their best player last season.

? I think very highly of Houston's program, and always feel like Collierville is a good team. Hartselle Alabama and Lexington Catholic are both on our side of the bracket at the USA Classic so for us to win it we would have to either face them, or a team that beats them. O'Fallon IL wasn't bad last year, and we have them again. Olive Branch usually has a pretty competitive team so I'm wondering who you think we should play? Also why the lack of respect for the teams I have named, locally and nationally?

Not to knock CBHS at all...but what about ECS? No respect for them, If my memory serves me they have at least 3 state titles and 3-4 runner ups in state in the last 15-20 yrs. I know that is a far cry from CBHS 10 total titles, but Im sure that their program is is as good or better than Germantown or Houston over that consistant period.

I do know a bit about MBA. They have signed one at Vandy (andrew harris) one at Belmont (frank adelman) and have two more close to signing with Ivy teams (Johnny Mishu, Jon Eisen). Those guys have alot to prove, but with 9 seniors, I think this team might be much better than many think.

Ryan also should me solid. Their #1 (Guidery i think) is good and they have a few younger pitchers with alot of promise.