FRA @ CPA

tigerseye

Lets not take anything away from CPA thier good team however if you take away the BIG FELLA CPA would not be undefeated in 9aa as we speak. during the Pearl Cohn game at CPA Big Z was taken out in the middle of the 3rd, which Pearl Cohn went on a 10 to 1 run. The only question CPA is facing is how they get back on defense. During that same game against PC, CPA had a hard time getting back on defense. PC is one of the most athletic teams in this district in terms of getting the ball up the court. Now not saying PC is the best team..But for CPA when they make it up to state, which they should, there going to run into teams with the same type of players PC has execpt there twice is better.. A coach once said "YOU CAN HIT ALL THE SHOTS IN THE WORLD, BUT IF YOU DONT PLAY DEFENSE THEN IT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!!"-Doc Shelton believe it or not. The saying was offense sells tickets but defense wins champships.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats not what i asked i just asked how they did without Z so shut up smart ######

Being a bit touchy are you. I responded to your question in a way that I thought was just as fair as your question. If that is the way you respond, then you are the one that really needs to get off Coach T. A very classless and undignified response. I think people will see that there is more to the CPA team than just Z MAson. Earlier in November CPA played Sycamore, East Ridge with Phillip Jurick, and Smyrna all without Z Mason and won every game by 20 points or more. I will give some creedence to your point about if Z got into foul trouble. For one just him going to the bench gives teams more confidence whether they can take advantage of it or not and it definitely gives them a mental boost. So far this year the CPA players have responded in those instances and elevated their game to make up for his absence. Theres no question Z out of the game changes the way they approach the game. They just have to attack with different weapons.

As far as the Pearl Cohn game, CPA had in two starters when Pearl Cohn made a run. And if you talk about defense winning championships look at that same game and see that Pearl Cohn had 0 (ZERO) points in the 4th quarter. They held East Lit to 19 total points for that game. CPA oponents put more points on the board when the game is over and CPA goes to the bench with the majority of the opponents leaving their starters in. For the year CPA has held their opponents to 48 pts. per game on 38% field goal shooting pct. while also forcing 18 turn overs a game.

ok so in men's sports so far this year between the two schools, i believe its 3-0 CPA

FB: 44-0

BBM: 66-55

83-54

But in girls sports idk but i think FRA is (3-1)

in girls sports so far this year against CPA

I think if you throw in golf and volleyball it would be 4-0 CPA boys and 4-2 FRA girls. ??

DL is the bigger rivalry esp in BB. Half of FRA students left at halftime.

i mean what about cross country, track, wrestling, baseball. they are sports too. and ya i was dissapointed in the fans who leave when it gets ugly. you gotta stick it out

track and baseball haven't started yet

not sure who was better this year in XC

and i'm positive that FRA is better at wrestling because CPA doesn't have a team this year.