FRA @ CPA

tigerseye

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there pressure wasnt that great but FRA was throwing it all over the gym especially right at the start.. they couldnt handle Z inside but Miller wasnt much of a factor

They did not handle Z inside, outside, or any other way. Miller was not much of a factor other than getting all his teammates involved and having double digit assists. If he is not that much of a factor the rest of the season like he was against FRA then CPA will be even harder to beat.

I think Miller did exactly what you want from your point guard. He had 10 points and 10+ assists. When Z is on you get him the ball. When Anderson is knocking down the three you get him the ball. Same for Reeves and Peterson. Those guys were hitting their shots and Miller was getting them the ball. Its about having a point guard that does what is best for the team to win the game. If that is the kind of game your point guard needs to play to get a 30 point win I would take that kind of a point guard any day of the week.

A lot of talk on here that CPA is a 2 man show and that they can't make it to state because of lack of quality depth. What's the talk gonna be now.

Still the same. They don't have any depth. Besides their starting 5, there is nobody that is a legitimate threat to score, rebound, or defend. If will hurt them sometime during district/region/state. I can promise you that. Even if their 5 starters are very good, without depth the really good teams in state will beat you.

Still the same. They don't have any depth. Besides their starting 5, there is nobody that is a legitimate threat to score, rebound, or defend. If will hurt them sometime during district/region/state. I can promise you that. Even if their 5 starters are very good, without depth the really good teams in state will beat you.

Sure, depth can be an issue, but not as much as you think; since only 8 minute quarters and no shot clock. I've seen teams go far with no depth, playing only 5 guys. More about match-ups. How many match-ups can you win on the floor on any given night. If winnable match-ups are relatively even, then let's talk about coaching, official's calls, having an off night, having an on night, etc. In last night's game how many match-ups could FRA really win? I've seen both teams and I say FRA has no real chance of taking advantage on any of the match-ups, so not surprised by the result. Teams better be able to know they can win certain match-ups or find the ways to minimize match-ups. One of the strengths of CPA is that a player like Mason dominates his match-up night in and night out both offensively and defensively. In this district this year, CPA consistently wins 3 of the match-ups every night if not more. Once again the importance of personnel (usually refered to as talent). The question is who can match-up with CPA or manage a game to negate the match-up differences? As of now doesn't look like anyone else coming up with the answers.