Pickett co. @ temple

7asuperfan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows Pickett Cty this year???? Have you gat any big men or big time players this year???

Well we've played pretty good against single A teams, Clay Co. is the only single A team we have lost to, we've went 1-3 against AA, 1-1 against AAA, lost a couple of games to some Kentucky teams. Jacob Wright, PG/SG, is averaging 25+ pts a game, He's capable of dropping 30 or 40 pts on anyone at anytime. TC Capps is the big man, 6'4", can have big games, second option really. The other players are fairly streaky, they are usually around 10 pts a game. More than likely PC will be hosting the 2nd place team from down there. They still have to take care of Clay once more and then twice in tournament, but they definately should.

Temple is horrible this year after all the scandal from the previous year. Shouldnt have any trouble at all with them this year. Really theres not much to say ao thats why you havent heard anything about them.

2seam is partially correct, which is way more credit than he normally deserves. Temple is down this year, but it has nothing to do with the investigation, and everthing to do with graduating 75% of their scoring from last year.

To compare scores: Pickett beat Grace by 15 at Pickett, and Grace beat Temple by 15 at Grace. But I don't think 1/2 of Grace's twin towers played in that game, and I'm not sure Pickett would beat Grace like that at Grace. So I think it may be a decent game Friday. And it's homecoming, so the place will be packed.

I saw Pickett's coaches scouting the Temple/Silverdale game tonight. They're obviously taking this game pretty seriously.

2seam is partially correct, which is way more credit than he normally deserves. Temple is down this year, but it has nothing to do with the investigation, and everthing to do with graduating 75% of their scoring from last year.

To compare scores: Pickett beat Grace by 15 at Pickett, and Grace beat Temple by 15 at Grace. But I don't think 1/2 of Grace's twin towers played in that game, and I'm not sure Pickett would beat Grace like that at Grace. So I think it may be a decent game Friday. And it's homecoming, so the place will be packed.

I saw Pickett's coaches scouting the Temple/Silverdale game tonight. They're obviously taking this game pretty seriously.

You are correct about grace not having one of their big guys, but pc turned Mcmasters into an average player without having a guy over 6'2" that night. And let's not forget that PC's big man TC Capps missed that game with a high ankel sprain. So I think the result either way because both teams had major players out. With that said, I think this is going to be a good game, PC has won only 2 games in the Chattanooga area that I can remember, so this won't be an easy game by any stretch. Temple gets the same advantage of playing at home that PC does (refs), so this should be a good game, PC takes every game seriously. When do the homecoming activities take place? Just wondering because I care nothing about the girls game and just don't want to be there all night. Glad it will be a packed house though. Which gym is it being played at?

Thanks for the compliment, coming from you it doesnt mean much but thanks anyway. What was the score from the Temple- SBA game? I didnt realize Pickett Cnty was that good, Temple will show up at times and as for Grace and SBA you really are up and down with them.

You are correct about grace not having one of their big guys, but pc turned Mcmasters into an average player without having a guy over 6'2" that night. And let's not forget that PC's big man TC Capps missed that game with a high ankel sprain. So I think the result either way because both teams had major players out. With that said, I think this is going to be a good game, PC has won only 2 games in the Chattanooga area that I can remember, so this won't be an easy game by any stretch. Temple gets the same advantage of playing at home that PC does (refs), so this should be a good game, PC takes every game seriously. When do the homecoming activities take place? Just wondering because I care nothing about the girls game and just don't want to be there all night. Glad it will be a packed house though. Which gym is it being played at?

From what I've been told nobody gets the kind of home court advantage PC does. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The matchup to watch may be your best player, a guard, Jacob Wright, against our best player, a guard, Jeremy Sexton. Jeremy averages 20+ a game as well.

The schedule for the night starts with the girls game at 6:00, followed by the HC festivities, then the main event, which I'm guessing will start around 8:30, but is based on how long the girls game and HC lasts.

The game will be played at the green gym which is on Vance avenue.

Should be a good matchup. I've seen both teams play and we(Van Buren Co) coulda/shoulda beat both teams. We lost to Temple in overtime and lost to PC after being up by 13 in the fourth quarter. Temple is quick, PC has better shooters. Capps should control the paint. The guard matchup should be a classic with two explosive players going at it. I give the edge to Pickett.

Should be a good matchup. I've seen both teams play and we(Van Buren Co) coulda/shoulda beat both teams. We lost to Temple in overtime and lost to PC after being up by 13 in the fourth quarter. Temple is quick, PC has better shooters. Capps should control the paint. The guard matchup should be a classic with two explosive players going at it. I give the edge to Pickett.

Should have, would have, could have. Pickett co was just the better team, I don't know anything about temple, so i won't comment on that. PC is quick as well, when they want to be, but Bibb likes them to walk the ball up and play half court sets. PC has some of the best shooters in the upper cumberland, mainly Jacob Wright, but if you get Logan or Gibson going then PC has the abilty to blow teams out by 20. I'm excited to see the Wright/Sexton matchup as well, hopefully they are both lighting it up and its an interesting game. I think this may be the first time in recent memory that an opposing team has played their homecoming against us. I think the boys should take that as a slap in the face, cause we always play the weakest team in our district on homecoming. Oh well, hopefully its a good one.

just a question, and i know it is a little of topic but since you have seen temple play how would you compare them to Cascade just based off of pure athletic ability, not recordsor anything like the but just the athletes for temple compared to the athletes for cascade(just curious)