Pickett co. @ temple

7asuperfan

Should have, would have, could have. Pickett co was just the better team, I don't know anything about temple, so i won't comment on that. PC is quick as well, when they want to be, but Bibb likes them to walk the ball up and play half court sets. PC has some of the best shooters in the upper cumberland, mainly Jacob Wright, but if you get Logan or Gibson going then PC has the abilty to blow teams out by 20. I'm excited to see the Wright/Sexton matchup as well, hopefully they are both lighting it up and its an interesting game. I think this may be the first time in recent memory that an opposing team has played their homecoming against us. I think the boys should take that as a slap in the face, cause we always play the weakest team in our district on homecoming. Oh well, hopefully its a good one.

Yes i totally agree. This year Pickett Co. boys shouldn't be anyones homecoming thats for sure. However next year i'm sure most everyone will be trying to schedule them for homecoming. Pickett should've went to the state last year but for some reason wasn't able to beat CSAS at home who ended up finishing with a silver ball. This game should have been played at Murphy center last year for all the marbles but PC couldn't win at home in the substate which has never happened. I think it will be a close game only because its at Temple. If it was the other way around and it was in Byrdstown it would be a 40 point blow out.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i totally agree. This year Pickett Co. boys shouldn't be anyones homecoming thats for sure. However next year i'm sure most everyone will be trying to schedule them for homecoming. Pickett should've went to the state last year but for some reason wasn't able to beat CSAS at home who ended up finishing with a silver ball. This game should have been played at Murphy center last year for all the marbles but PC couldn't win at home in the substate which has never happened. I think it wills be a close game only because its at Temple. If it was the other way around and it was in Byrdstown it would be a 40 point blow out.

I wouldn't count those chickens before they hatch. Everyone said that PC would be down after joe bailey and josh wright took us to the state tournament. Sure we're losing 4 seniors and a lot of our scoring, but Bibb took that 05-06 team with no seniors to substate, and no one thought we would make it out of region. Not that I'm saying that next year's team is gonna win state or sub state or even win district. Next year's team probably won't win district but they'll make a strong showing for 2nd place.

I wouldn't count those chickens before they hatch. Everyone said that PC would be down after joe bailey and josh wright took us to the state tournament. Sure we're losing 4 seniors and a lot of our scoring, but Bibb took that 05-06 team with no seniors to substate, and no one thought we would make it out of region. Not that I'm saying that next year's team is gonna win state or sub state or even win district. Next year's team probably won't win district but they'll make a strong showing for 2nd place.

Well now i wouldn't go quite that far. You don't have a "jacob wright or a tc capps" coming up in the freshman/sophomore ranks from all that i have seen. I noticed when PC subbed the other night against JC that the talent level wasn't near what it was when Jacob and TC were sophomores. However outside of Clay Co. who should be the odds on favorite to win the district next year there won't be any dominant teams in the district. Now when JC's freshman become juniors and seniors they should dominate the district barring injury. Thats for another time though this thread is about PC and Temple. I will be pulling for PC to win regardless as they are from our district. I can't bring myself to say go bobcats but go win one for 7A how about that much?

You never know how good a kid is gonna be until they get actual playing time. We've got a couple of kids who can be close to Jacob Wright, we don't have anyone who is as tall as TC but we have a couple of good post guys that will do fine. PC's bench the other night was without its 6th man, Jacob Brown, who was out with an illness. Joseph dowdy will be very good next year as a junior. This team is loaded with tallented Freshman this year, who will benefit with another year of Bibb's coaching. They have two 8th graders coming in who will greatly improve under Bibb, I've also heard that a couple of kids in LA's middle school are gonna move up to PC next year, and they are good from what I've seen. So I think the in coming class will be better than you give it credit, maybe I'm partial because one of them is my brother, but oh well. Clay will definately be the best team in the district next year. JC maybe back up in AA by the time those boys get to seniors. Go Bobcats.

I figure temple fans won't post til after your game tonight,but I figured I'd go ahead and get a topic going. How does everyone see this going? We haven't heard much about temple up my way this year.

I am convinced that the temple fans we have seen over the past 8 or so years were skogen fans...since they (skogens) left our fan base has diminished immensely...which is frustrating...

dadofour- don't blame our down year on a graduating class...temple has reached the final four with 0 seniors on the team after graduating 3 or more senior starters before... we still have talent...just not as much....

I would say inexperience is the main problem....from coaching to new kids etc... I think we can win if we play well --but picket is a good team we'll see how it goes...

Would you say in Temples' loses they were beaten by more talented teams. I only ask that because talent is relative, it does not matter how much talent you have if your opponent has more. This is the first time in a long time that anyone could say that they are more talented than Temple.

I am convinced that the temple fans we have seen over the past 8 or so years were skogen fans...since they (skogens) left our fan base has diminished immensely...which is frustrating...

dadofour- don't blame our down year on a graduating class...temple has reached the final four with 0 seniors on the team after graduating 3 or more senior starters before... we still have talent...just not as much....

I would say inexperience is the main problem....from coaching to new kids etc... I think we can win if we play well --but picket is a good team we'll see how it goes...