MISS BASKETBALL

TIDEFAN

Sharwil Bell of Lausanne is a senior and would be a good candidate. Also from west TN for AAA I think you have to at least consider Sarah Watkins. I don't know of any post player with such a sweet shot. Night in and night out she scores half the points (or more) for her team, no matter who is guarding her.

If it isn't going be a requirement that Miss Basketball's team at least makes it to the state tournament, Sarah Watkins should be in the hunt. She can literally hit from anywhere on the floor. Her stats should look pretty good. In the last couple of weeks she has hit 43 and 31 in single games. I don't ever remember seeing any other post dropping baskets from near 3 point range.

I personally think that Miss Basketball aught to be selected from a team that makes a decent showing at their respective state tournament. Unfourtunately, this will leave a lot of good girls out in the cold. Otherwise, Miss Basketball is just a decent player that has a good marketing campaign. As someone else has mentioned stats can be padded or just inflated because of an extreemely weak district. Lauren Avant of Lausanne is an example of a strong player in a week District. But to their credit, they have gone looking for good competiion which is reflect in there Dandy Dozen ranking. Ultimately, Avant will make a difference at her state tournament.

If Millington wins AAA state, Latesa McLaughlin should with no dought win Miss Basketball honors. I don't think to many people really think they will win. If they do, this aught to say a lot about Latesa's skill and leadership. She has a track record to back her athleticism also.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it isn't going be a requirement that Miss Basketball's team at least makes it to the state tournament, Sarah Watkins should be in the hunt. She can literally hit from anywhere on the floor. Her stats should look pretty good. In the last couple of weeks she has hit 43 and 31 in single games. I don't ever remember seeing any other post dropping baskets from near 3 point range.

I personally think that Miss Basketball aught to be selected from a team that makes a decent showing at their respective state tournament. Unfourtunately, this will leave a lot of good girls out in the cold. Otherwise, Miss Basketball is just a decent player that has a good marketing campaign. As someone else has mentioned stats can be padded or just inflated because of an extreemely weak district. Lauren Avant of Lausanne is an example of a strong player in a week District. But to their credit, they have gone looking for good competiion which is reflect in there Dandy Dozen ranking. Ultimately, Avant will make a difference at her state tournament.

Miss basketball nominees are selected before the state tournament and is an individual honor not a team honor.

I agree........race is wide open this year, especially in AA.

Hmmm......let's go behind the numbers. Andrews is by far the best defensive player, if not the only one, on that squad. As far as points.........I'd be interested to see the attempt numbers. I can assure everyone that hasn' t seen this team play that Daniel shoots twice as much as anyone on the team. She's a pretty good shooter, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why she would have more points. Not to mention that she never leaves the floor and Andrews rarely sees it. I actually saw dummy Morris have Daniel in the game this year with a 30 point lead in the fourth quarter while the rest of the starters were on the bench early in the 3rd quarter. I don't get his reasoning. I know Daniel is not at fault there, but what is the coach's motive????? Think about it, it'll come to ya.

Hmmm......let's go behind the numbers. Andrews is by far the best defensive player, if not the only one, on that squad. As far as points.........I'd be interested to see the attempt numbers. I can assure everyone that hasn' t seen this team play that Daniel shoots twice as much as anyone on the team. She's a pretty good shooter, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why she would have more points. Not to mention that she never leaves the floor and Andrews rarely sees it. I actually saw dummy Morris have Daniel in the game this year with a 30 point lead in the fourth quarter while the rest of the starters were on the bench early in the 3rd quarter. I don't get his reasoning. I know Daniel is not at fault there, but what is the coach's motive????? Think about it, it'll come to ya.

First I want to start by saying that I think Collinwood has an outstanding ballteam this year and they SHOULD have a good chance at seeing the floor in Murfreesboro. I have seen them play many times and I defiently think that Daniels and Andrews are both outstanding players. It really upsets me to see people pitting those girls against each other. I have read these boards this morning and truth2008 defiently sounds like a family member to me. I didn't know any definite stats for these girls this year but I did make some calls and I learned that both have done excellent. I heard that Andrews is on the bench because of having two fouls before the second half, which I understand that he does to ALL players. The games that I saw, Daniels did shoot several times but absolutely no more than Andrews. Looks to me like a few of the other girls need to step up and take part of the pressure off of these two. Murfreesboro needs to be a team effort and a team is what it will take to get there. As far as defense goes, look at the stats. Who has the most steals, who has the most assists, and who is determined the most to win? It is really a shame that you would say that Andrews is the ONLY densive player when there are 4 other girls on that floor. As far as Miss Basketball, I definitely think Daniels is a great candidate. She has stepped it up this year and from what I've seen, she has all of the qualifications that Miss Basketball needs. I wish this team well this year and would hope that those two girls can overlook people like truth2008 and play together because TOGETHER they have the ability to be STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!

As far as Miss Basketball, I definitely think Daniels is a great candidate. She has stepped it up this year and from what I've seen, she has all of the qualifications that Miss Basketball needs. I wish this team well this year and would hope that those two girls can overlook people like truth2008 and play together because TOGETHER they have the ability to be STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!

I'm an outsider as far as C'wood but I've seen both of these players ever since they were in the 7th grade play. Both are great players and in the beginning Andrews was the better of the two but in the last couple of years I think Daniels has been better because of her all around play and quickness. If C'wood wants to win a State Championship, the other players need to step up and Andrews with Daniels play together and forget Miss Basketball.

As far as Miss Basketball, I definitely think Daniels is a great candidate. She has stepped it up this year and from what I've seen, she has all of the qualifications that Miss Basketball needs. I wish this team well this year and would hope that those two girls can overlook people like truth2008 and play together because TOGETHER they have the ability to be STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!

I'm an outsider as far as C'wood but I've seen both of these players ever since they were in the 7th grade play. Both are great players and in the beginning Andrews was the better of the two but in the last couple of years I think Daniels has been better because of her all around play and quickness. If C'wood wants to win a State Championship, the other players need to step up and Andrews with Daniels play together and forget Miss Basketball.

I agree with the previous poster, I cringe when I read comments that build animosity between teammates. Why can't we just say these two players are both deserving of the award instead of saying this one is better than that one.... Can you even begin to imagine what that does to these two young ladies and their families and most of all, their team?

Here's a thought for all of us today.... Our words can build up or tear down.... What are your words doing?

Good luck to both Andrews and Daniels and the Collinwood team! Rise above all the negative words and thoughts, be the difference you want so desperately to see in everyone else!!!

I agree with the previous poster, I cringe when I read comments that build animosity between teammates. Why can't we just say these two players are both deserving of the award instead of saying this one is better than that one.... Can you even begin to imagine what that does to these two young ladies and their families and most of all, their team?

Here's a thought for all of us today.... Our words can build up or tear down.... What are your words doing?

Rise above all the negative words and thoughts, be the difference you want so desperately to see in everyone else!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What determines a person deserving of Miss Baskettball?

Is it someone that has a high scoring avg?

Is it someone that has the high rebound avg?

Is it someone that has the looks of a model?

Is it someone that parents have money?

Is it someone that is a team player?

Is it a popular player?

Is it just a certain someone or someones oppinions?

There is a lot of different questions to ask if a person is deserving of this award.. I asure you they are alot of deserving young ladies of this award. The only thing is someone has to win and alot of someones have to lose. I only wish that all the ladies that are deserving could have an award.

There are alot of ladies playing that have different roles on a team to make it successful. You have your "unselfish team players" that doesn't care if your team mate scores 10 more points than you as long as the job gets done. You have your "defense players" that take care of the lead that your offensive players have established and the points defense has not allowed.

Then what I think of as one of the most important players is your "role Players" which is someone that pads your star players, gets the ball to your three point shooter, sets up the post player for there shots. Runs plays to get your picks set up to take care of your lil jump shooter. What happens to these players?

You all know what players i am talking about, The players that have the rebounds and assists and are in there digging and fighting for every possesion to give it to another team mate so they can get the job done. For all of these players you have my utmost respect and even though you may not be in the running for Miss Baskettball you are very deserving of recognition, because without players of your caliber there would be no MISS BASKETTBALL!! My hat's off to all of you...Where ever you may be from...

Is it a popular player?

There is a lot of different questions to ask if a person is deserving of this award.. I asure you they are alot of deserving young ladies of this award. The only thing is someone has to win and alot of someones have to lose. I only wish that all the ladies that are deserving could have an award.

There are alot of ladies playing that have different roles on a team to make it successful. You have your "unselfish team players" that doesn't care if your team mate scores 10 more points than you as long as the job gets done. You have your "defense players" that take care of the lead that your offensive players have established and the points defense has not allowed.

Then what I think of as one of the most important players is your "role Players" which is someone that pads your star players, gets the ball to your three point shooter, sets up the post player for there shots. Runs plays to get your picks set up to take care of your lil jump shooter. What happens to these players?

You all know what players i am talking about, The players that have the rebounds and assists and are in there digging and fighting for every possesion to give it to another team mate so they can get the job done. For all of these players you have my utmost respect and even though you may not be in the running for Miss Baskettball you are very deserving of recognition, because without players of your caliber there would be no MISS BASKETTBALL!! My hat's off to all of you...Where ever you may be from...

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is it a popular player?

Awesome Post

Is it a popular player?

This bears repeating, Congradulations to LL of JC you are very deserving of this award... Just want the other girls to know I am proud of them too!!