Will the SP Pirates become more of a BB contender with their gym is co

OLD PIRATE

Who funds the athletic programs at private schools???????????? The parents with donations and tuition rates. On top of that, we even fund YOUR SCHOOL with our hard earned tax dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got it better than anybody getting TAX PAYERS hard earned money!!! I m sure ya ll have a BOOSTER CLUB as well, so how you get this WE EARN IT JUNK is beyond me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Nothing wrong with going to a public school but your misinformed a little i think.

i understand how taxes dollars are used and the only reason public schools get tax dollars is because it is funded by the GOVERNMENT, we work too and it aint that white colar job either , it doesnt matter where the tax dollars come from its yours, mine and everyone elses thats why i dont believe private schools need to play public schools, because of this issue being the number one reason, everyone cant afford to send there sons to schools where they dress up everyday for no reason /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and if your mad because your tax dollars fund the school system than move out of the united states

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand how taxes dollars are used and the only reason public schools get tax dollars is because it is funded by the GOVERNMENT, we work too and it aint that white colar job either , it doesnt matter where the tax dollars come from its yours, mine and everyone elses thats why i dont believe private schools need to play public schools, because of this issue being the number one reason, everyone cant afford to send there sons to schools where they dress up everyday for no reason /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and if your mad because your tax dollars fund the school system than move out of the united states

Now your talking in circles PDiddy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , you really dont know whats going on in your community or yet the real world. Working at the mall 2 days a week dont count. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Now your talking in circles PDiddy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , you really dont know whats going on in your community or yet the real world. Working at the mall 2 days a week dont count. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

you have no clue what i do for money 2seam dont play: i really dont think you wanna put your money up on that one!

Old Pirate says, the completion of the SP gym should provide more excitement for the entire basketball program. It has to be rough on coaches and players playing before small or away crowds all the time. Old Pirate says without any pride.... that he has not been to see the Pirates play. The posts on coacht indicate the players do not play with alot of intensity and appeared to quit against Jasper.

The gym should provide a new since of pride in the beleagered program.

I'm not sure a gym makes a difference. It starts with the players. Just in case you missed it, David Brainerd just put a whipping on the SP Pirates tonight. Guess it's tough to be good in basketball too when SP places so much emphasis on football. The district SP is in must be very, very weak. DB has beat every team over there except for CSAS. DB is in 5th place in their district, and struggles with the top teams. Next year, DB will be a region contender.

The truth is that the gym will help a little, I think but you still have to have a change in the attitude of the players. From what I saw the other night on the court, this group is uncoachable. They don't listen to or have respect for what their coach is telling them. Another thing that is going to hurt is the gym size. there are what, 200 people in the school and not all of them come to the games. The size of the gym is going to swallow the fans. Not sure what it will hold, but probably in the neighborhood of 1500 to 2000. I think that will be a problem as well, but we will see. I can't wait to see it when it is finished though, should be nice for the school.

You got the uncoachable part right. They have alot of talent but alot more attitude. After the game tonight at David Bainerd one of their kids threw a punch at one of the DB kids. Don't know what happened to the kid after the police put him in handcuffs

CSAS isnt a private school! everyone thinks that, sorry for being mean i guess but its the truth were on here to tell it like it is right? SP wont change after the new gym is ready and they probably wont be for a really long time... end of story

They probably just think that because you guys can pick and choose the athletes you want (I believe it's called recruiting, but I could be wrong) unlike "actual" public schools. Any school that's got parents camping out to get their kids in can obviously pick who they want. Wonder if Dragoo goes down that camping line every year playing duck, duck, PLAYER (I mean goose!)! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They probably just think that because you guys can pick and choose the athletes you want (I believe it's called recruiting, but I could be wrong) unlike "actual" public schools. Any school that's got parents camping out to get their kids in can obviously pick who they want. Wonder if Dragoo goes down that camping line every year playing duck, duck, PLAYER (I mean goose!)! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

exactly!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Look, here's the deal....All I hear is "Wait till we get a gym." I know all the problems they have with practicing and playing away and all, but let me tell you this...What do they say next year if the same crap happens?? Excuses will be gone. So, then what? Wait till we get those new basketballs?? I've seen the Pirates this year. The problems aside from the gym are much deeper than the gym itself. You've got a bunch of me's who don't listen to their coach (and guess what guys...he does actually know what he's talking about) and only want to get their names in the paper. Your names are in the paper alright....losing to David Brainerd! Way to go!

well Your "book" is wrong then private schools get athletic programs funded! CSAS doesnt get anything from the school its all earned just like every other PUBLIC school thats what im saying, CSAS doesnt have it good like grace and temple but we can beat them

well you didn't beat Grace last time and you won't beat Temple this time.