Lewis County wins over Giles County

panthernation

I would like to start off by saying Congratulations to the Panthers, you came out and played your best ball all year in a game in which you outplayed, outlasted, and outcoached your opponet. Now having that said...

After the game I heard grumbling from everybody on the Giles County side about the officiating. First off the officiating could have been a lot worse, The refs called about half of what they really should have, and Coach Holt should have been ejected early in the game. He never once stayed in the Coach's box except when he was pouting on the bench cause they were losing and he never shut up all night arguing at the refs, so feel lucky you got off the hook tonight.

After the game when the teams lined up to shake hands, I happened to catch something. Mr. 24 Devon Holt "Daddy's Boy" wasn't shaking any of the other teams hands. How classless is this? You got beat so get over it, when you have no more respect than that, not to shake the opponets hands, you have no reason to be playing ball, daddy's boy or not. When you get beat you congratulate the other team and hope to beat them next time. Show a little respect. Also I noticed the Coach Holt went into the Ref's locker-room after the game to whine and complain....SHUTUP!! You don't know how much they let YOU off with tonight, you have no right to go in there after the game to complain.

If yall's lips hung any lower to the ground after the game, you would have tripped on them on the way to the bus.

I honeslty don't know what to say about this game. The guys came out last night and showed their potential. The game got started with Corbin Carroll hitting the tre in Creshaun Holts face, it seemed that after that the Panthers never looked back. Chance Helton really looked like a leader last night and Kyle did what he always does and it was just exciting to see LC finally win this game. It has been 7 years and it has been a long time coming. Congratulation to the Panthers and keep it up!!!!

wow...times have really changed..GC use to beat LC by a min. of 20 pts every year...but it seems like GC is running out of athletes on the bball court....i dont think so much its coach holts fault but the basketball well at GC is running dry..(dont get me wrong tho holt is a terrible coach in my mind) but when you had the players he had in the past he had no other option but to win...or maybe i could be wrong and this was just a fluke??

Congratulations to Lewis County on the upset victory.I don't think this was a fluke because GC has played with so much inconsistency this year. I'm not sure as to how true the rumors of Coach Holt leaving are, but I can say this he will not be pressured to step down. This is his team and he will go when he feels like it. Next season will be a little tougher for him because the talent is not going to be as great as in years past but they will be strong again in a couple of years, and many years after that. Coach Holt is a good coach, and it would not surprise me if he is able to get this team playing to the level that they are capable of by tourney time and get this team to make another surprising run to Murfreesboro as they did last season. Again congratulations to Lewis County on a big win.

We may be small, We may be white, But Giles County, you came to our house Tonight!!

i have reffed in tn for 24 years and this is the second time in those years that i have experienced something like this quote. the only other time cost the fan his ticket. he was ejected. i have reffed in lc and in gc and i'm sure none of the other fans appreciates these type of comments. you may not have meant any harm; but the best thing to do is to stay away from these types of comments. i'm disappointed during some pre-games when i hear coaches talk about a kid being "athletic" and find out later, when i referee the team that the kid plays on, that 90% of the time he is black. was larry bird athletic, is peyton manning athletic, is teddy brewski athletic, is tom brady athletic, is eli manning athletic (sorry, nope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ). all athletes are athletic, i would be ashamed if i had a player on my team and he wasn't. clean it up and let's continue to have fun. congratulations to lc, you beat a good team that if playing at their potential would be better than any team in the south central tn area. proves that it takes more than ability to play the game and you, lc, have it.

Wow, I agree with you luv2ref... Congrats to LC, but I do believe you just dug your self a hole in the middle of that mountain you were just on top of. Coach Holt's son did not show a lot of class last night, and neither did you with your little ryhme.

As far as Coach Holt, No he's not a great coach, although he's always been committed and had tons of talent. It wasn't just last night, he's always on the refs., every night, winning or losing.

The talent pool for basketball @ GC is shrinking, not bc we don't have the athletes anymore, but bc they're going to play football for Coach OC. What else would you expect to have the turn around attributed to after the last two football seasons.

Again, Congrats to everybody in Lewis County. The season title is probably gone, but there's still the playoffs, and we in GC still have pride. Don't count us out.

I agree with most people on here about Coach Holt, he never really has impressed me as a Coach but with the talent that he had it was about impossible to lose. But last night with 18 seconds left in the game and down by 6 points, Lewis county has the ball and they never foul. With time ticking and down 2 posessions YOU HAVE TO FOUL, you have to hope that he misses and you get the ball back and can score. So last night Coach Holt cracked under pressure and didn't know what to do, mainly because he was in the ear of the ref complaining but last night showed just how GREAT of a coach he was.

I also apologize for the quote I put in the first forum, I didn't mean no harm but after the responses posted I removed it and apologize for posting it.

Goodluck Panthers