State Duals Brackets

temprelief

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeding is based on the previous years top four. Clarksville, bradley, ooltewah and soddy will be seeded if Soddy beats Cleveland.

soddy lost to cleveland so what's that do to the seeding?

WOW, BRENTWOOD, SODDY, AND FRANKLIN WERE RANKED 6TH 7TH AND 8TH IN THE STATE AND ARENT COMING. THATS CRAZY!!

CLEVELAND IS RANKED 5TH SO THEY SHOULD TAKE A 3RD SEED AND INDEPENDENCE IS RANKED 9TH OVER CLARKSVILLE (10TH) SO THEY SHOULD SEED 4TH.

BUT THEY WILL PROBABLY SEED C-VILLE 3RD AND CLEVELAND 4TH, OOLTEWAH 2ND AND BRADLEY 1ST.

seeding is based upon what you placed the previous year. with soddy not in it who gets their seed? in years past the seeding of teams has been an issue because some feel the best two teams are on the same side of the bracket. this year it could potentially be even more controversial. i guess we'll have to wait and see how everything pans out.

WOW, BRENTWOOD, SODDY, AND FRANKLIN WERE RANKED 6TH 7TH AND 8TH IN THE STATE AND ARENT COMING. THATS CRAZY!!

CLEVELAND IS RANKED 5TH SO THEY SHOULD TAKE A 3RD SEED AND INDEPENDENCE IS RANKED 9TH OVER CLARKSVILLE (10TH) SO THEY SHOULD SEED 4TH.

BUT THEY WILL PROBABLY SEED C-VILLE 3RD AND CLEVELAND 4TH, OOLTEWAH 2ND AND BRADLEY 1ST.

Based on last years placers, Bradley 2nd, Ooltewah 3rd, and Clarksville 4th, then they should be the only teams seeded. I was told(now this has gotten me in trouble before) the rest of the bracket is a blind draw.

seeding is based on the previous years top four. Clarksville, bradley, ooltewah and soddy will be seeded if Soddy beats Cleveland.

soddy lost to cleveland so what's that do to the seeding?

If thats the case.. What about Notre Dame? Returning State Champs, but got beat by Hixson so they are 2nd in there region.. Will they get the number 1 seed even though they got beat by Hixson?

The TSSAA has never published an official method of seeding. However, based on the "seedings" over the last few years, Bradley will be the number 1 seed, Ooltewah will be second and Clarksville 3rd. Even if Soddy would have beaten Cleveland, I don't believe they would have been a seeded team because they did not win their region. Cleveland will be on Ooltewah's side of the bracket. Clarksville NW will be on Bradley's side. Every other position will be a blind draw. Teams from the same region will be split on different sides of the bracket.

Re:Notre Dame....I don't think they will be the #1 seed but I am sure they will be on different sides of the bracket as will Seymour and Greenback.

Disclaimer----Remember, we are dealing with unwritten TSSAA rules. We may have BC vs Cleveland in the 1st match with the winner wrestling Ooltewah.

Anklpker,

I typically don't get into things like this but uneducated opinions get on my last nerve and your's above especially struck a nerve so I am. Here is the proof to show your opinion and statement is incorrect.

Bradley, Soddy, and Clarksville have been the most dominate teams in the state the past 10 years in that order.

Basis: in the State Duals (since that is what we are referring to). Bradley has had 10 top four finishes (actually all either Champ or runner-up), Soddy has had 9 top four finishes, and Clarksville has had 9 top four finishis. No other team has come close to that amount of top four finishes.

So with that said lets look at which teams have face each other in the premlinary matches leading to the finals over that 10 year span.

98' Clarksville wrestled Bradley 1st round; Bradley wrestled Soddy Quarterfinals

99' Clarksville wrestled Soddy semifinals

00' Clarksville wrestled Red Bank semifinals (Soddy did not make tournment)

01' Not sure but I believe Soddy and Bradley wrestled in semis

02' Clarksville wrestled Soddy semifinals

03' Clarksville wrestled Bradley semfinals

04' Clarksville wrestled Soddy semifinals

05' Clarksville wrestled Bradley semifinals

06' Soddy wrestled Bradley semifinals

07' Clarksville wrestled Soddy semifinals

In summary:

8 out of 10 years Clarksville has wrestled either Soddy or Bradley 8 times in preminary matches leading to the finals

6 out of 10 years Bradley has wrestled either Soddy or Clarksville

8 out of 9 years Soddy has wrestled either Clarksville or Bradley

To me that is pretty even that neither team was given "special treatment" to reach the finals. The truth of the matter is whether it is a written rule or not (and it isn't I checked) the seeding has been based on previous year finish and blind draw after that.

Next time before you blame a group of people for showing favortism please look at the facts and make educated comments.