TSSAA Officials

yomomma

Is it me or is the officicating this year just been awful...the games I have seen have been lopsided almost every night. What has happened???? Is it just East Tennessee????? Are Tennessee Referees that bad???? (Temple vs. Pickett lopsided - 23 freethrows to 4 for Temple) (Arts vs. Silverdale lopsided) Can something be done????

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or is the officicating this year just been awful...the games I have seen have been lopsided almost every night. What has happened???? Is it just East Tennessee????? Are Tennessee Referees that bad???? (Temple vs. Pickett lopsided - 23 freethrows to 4 for Temple) (Arts vs. Silverdale lopsided) Can something be done????

What was the style of play?

Nah its just as bad at Pickett Co. when you go there. When Jackson Co. played at Pickett the foul count was 33-11 with PC living on the line if you just breathed on them while they could hack and punch with no calls. Nothing can or ever does get done about it. You are preaching to the choir on this one forget it....

Is it not possible that one team just fouled more than the other? A team's style of play has alot to do with how many times they foul or get fouled. A team that takes the ball to the baketball will go to the line alot more than a team that looks for jumpshots. A team that plays alot of pressure defense will foul more than a team in a zone. The worst thing they ever did in high school basketball was to start keeping up with the foul count on the scoreboard. To many people, including some officials think that the foul count should be even. That piece of info on the board is not there to decide if a game was called evenly or not.

Is it not possible that one team just fouled more than the other? A team's style of play has alot to do with how many times they foul or get fouled. A team that takes the ball to the baketball will go to the line alot more than a team that looks for jumpshots. A team that plays alot of pressure defense will foul more than a team in a zone. The worst thing they ever did in high school basketball was to start keeping up with the foul count on the scoreboard. To many people, including some officials think that the foul count should be even. That piece of info on the board is not there to decide if a game was called evenly or not.

Amen, Floor General......We could care less about number of fouls and whether the count is even...play dictates the fouls...penalize when the fouls occur, being consistent on both ends...and i ref in ET

Nah its just as bad at Pickett Co. when you go there. When Jackson Co. played at Pickett the foul count was 33-11 with PC living on the line if you just breathed on them while they could hack and punch with no calls. Nothing can or ever does get done about it. You are preaching to the choir on this one forget it....

This guy has been complaining about that game for over a week now. PC is the better team. No one ever said the foul count was supposed to be even. JC took alot of jumpers that night, PC went to the basket and got fouled a lot. Plus alot of those fouls came at the end of the game, when PC has already put that one away. Midtensportsfan, we beat your team at home by 13 points, we beat you by 7 more at home, I think its more a result of my team being better than your team, not the refs calling fouls.

As for the temple game, don't think for one second that the officials were on PC's side. That is only the 3rd time in recent memory that we have went down there and beat anyone. And most of the time its because the refs give the home team the same advantages that PC gets at home. PC was just the better team, they got hot at the right time in the game and played amazing defense, don't forget there were alot of fouls called at the end of that game because Temple was trying to save the clock.

Bad officiating complaints are directly proportional to how bad your team is doing most of the time.

There's always going to be officials that miss calls, officials that like hearing their whistle and officials that have a defective pea in theirs. Watch a middle school or JV game and feel better about the high school officials. There's usually a reason refs aren't getting more high school games.

This guy has been complaining about that game for over a week now. PC is the better team. No one ever said the foul count was supposed to be even. JC took alot of jumpers that night, PC went to the basket and got fouled a lot. Plus alot of those fouls came at the end of the game, when PC has already put that one away. Midtensportsfan, we beat your team at home by 13 points, we beat you by 7 more at home, I think its more a result of my team being better than your team, not the refs calling fouls.

As for the temple game, don't think for one second that the officials were on PC's side. That is only the 3rd time in recent memory that we have went down there and beat anyone. And most of the time its because the refs give the home team the same advantages that PC gets at home. PC was just the better team, they got hot at the right time in the game and played amazing defense, don't forget there were alot of fouls called at the end of that game because Temple was trying to save the clock.

Ok fair enough but i don't want to hear anyone else from PC ever complain about the refs in a game again or you know what my response is going to be! PC was the better team no doubt BUT even if it had gotten close and it was close for a long time, the refs would have seen to it that you won. If they had called the touch fouls against PC like they did against JC then your JV team would have been playing just like ours was and maybe we would have won maybe we wouldn't have who knows who cares. PC can be beat Clay Co. proved that so lets just settle it in the district and region tournament how about that?

Bad officiating complaints are directly proportional to how bad your team is doing most of the time.

There's always going to be officials that miss calls, officials that like hearing their whistle and officials that have a defective pea in theirs. Watch a middle school or JV game and feel better about the high school officials. There's usually a reason refs aren't getting more high school games.

accurate post.....

Is it me or is the officicating this year just been awful...the games I have seen have been lopsided almost every night. What has happened???? Is it just East Tennessee????? Are Tennessee Referees that bad????

WAIT TILL TOURNEY TIME. IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE. SOME (MORE THAN IT SHOULD BE) REFS WANT ALL THE ATTENTION ON THEM "ESPECIALLY AT STATE" . REASON BEING I DONT GO TO STATE ANY MORE AFTER 20+YEARS..SAW TOO MANY TEAMS THAT WERE THE BETTER TEAM GET BEAT BY THE REFS. THEY TAKE AWAY YOUR BEST AND OR MOST IMPORTANT COG FOR YOUR TEAM THAT NIGHT AND WHOOPS!!! YOUR GONE..AND SOME COACHES GET THE CALLS NO MATTER WHAT!!

Ok fair enough but i don't want to hear anyone else from PC ever complain about the refs in a game again or you know what my response is going to be! PC was the better team no doubt BUT even if it had gotten close and it was close for a long time, the refs would have seen to it that you won. If they had called the touch fouls against PC like they did against JC then your JV team would have been playing just like ours was and maybe we would have won maybe we wouldn't have who knows who cares. PC can be beat Clay Co. proved that so lets just settle it in the district and region tournament how about that?

Pickett Co was up 28 points at one point, are you kidding me? It was close in the first half, but as the better teams usually do, they pulled away in the second half. No I have no problem with complaining about the refs, Lord knows I do my fair share of it, but you are complaining about the refs, when they had no part in you getting beat the other night. Where you at the first game PC/JC played? Good officiating crew, I thought that was a well called game......yet PC still won the game by 13.So the refs made a 7 point difference in the games? Thats not that big of a difference. If officials cost a team the game, then I believe you should get on here and fuss, whine, whatever you feel you need to do, but the officials didn't cost you either game this year. Yeah, lets settle it in tournaments, just like we've did the last two years right? If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.