State Predictions 2008

Legend

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll turn it around...Based on what do you think UC wouldn't blow out Culleoka or Moore County??...

because moore co. and culleoka are extremely solid teams that play good d....culleoka has size athleticism and some sharpshooters....moore co. plays excellent d and is one of the very few teams that plays as a unit....its awesome uc is undefeated and noone's taking that away....but none of it matters come tourney time....thats what mines based on.....fill me in on why uc will "blow them out"

because moore co. and culleoka are extremely solid teams that play good d....culleoka has size athleticism and some sharpshooters....moore co. plays excellent d and is one of the very few teams that plays as a unit....its awesome uc is undefeated and noone's taking that away....but none of it matters come tourney time....thats what mines based on.....fill me in on why uc will "blow them out"

I never said UC would blow them out did I??....I also didn't say that Cully and Moore County would "give UC all they wanted"....

I will say this...From what I saw of Cully last season,they would have had to do alot of improving in a year,especially against a press....CSAS put a token press on them last season and they didn't handle it well at all....They also didn't shoot the ball very well..Cully should have beaten CSAS pretty bad with the talent they have...I know it wasn't coaching because you guys have a proven coach...Maybe the talent isn't what it's cracked up to be,I don't know...

UC has seen it's share of solid teams that play good d..I'm also wary of that playing good d statement...The Middle Tn teams I have seen don't play that good of defense,they don't have real good offenses to defend against...I will promise you this,Cully hasn't seen the collection of athletes with coaching that they would see if they played Union City...They wouldn't have seen an in your face full court pressure defense like they would see and they definately would not have faced an opponent that has at least 10 players that can shoot the lights out from the three point arc..You can't defend all of them...They find the soft spots and when you think you one or two shut down here will come another couple players draining them from 25 ft....UC isn't unbeatable but it would take an almost perfect game from their opponent to do it....

If it were possible,I would like to see Union City face and beat CSAS,Culleoka and Manassas(if Humboldt or Lake County doesn't make it in)....The state tournament two years ago was much like the Union City Invitational..It was the weakest field UC has competed against in the 7 state tournaments I have personally seen them play in,to be honest....And UC was 27-9 going into that one....And of the teams I saw last year I thought Cully and Humboldt were the best collection of athletes in the 1A side.....With UC out of it,they should have played for the Gold Ball..

But we have a looooong way to go before State starts....UC will have to go thru Humboldt or Lake County as many as two more times apiece and either Manassas or Middleton in Sub-State(Middleton more than likely if UC is fortunate enough to host)....I'm not sure if this unbeaten thing is a burden or not,UC always gets everybodies best shot but UC in reality has only one more test to end the regular season unbeaten and that's Tuesday nite at home against Lake County.....

Good Luck to Cully and hope to see them back in The Boro....

Moore County and Culleoka both make it to State there is no team in Middle Tenn that will beat them. One will win Distric,t one will win region Both will win Sub State there the cream of crop in Middle Tenn i just say Midd Tenn cause i haven't seen East/West teams play any but the Nash Christian's etc. are no match for either team to bad there in the same District and Region!

AA:

1.Fulton

2.Knox East

3.Howard

4.Livingston Academy

5.CPA

6.Bolivar

7.Mitchell

8.Dyer Co

AAA.

1.Maryville

2.Bearden

3.Shelbyville

4.White Co

5.Antioch

6.Franklin

7.Kirby

8.Ridgeway

thats a solid lineup. i only hope shelbyville can get a shot to destroy siegel in the first round of the regions. since thats as far as they'll go

well last year CSAS wasnt supposed to make it past the region tourney, that was an upset!, then it was off to Pickett county where CSAS upset again in sub-state! then in the state tourney they upset and beat westside from MEMPHIS! (remember memphis teams cant be beat haha) then a huge upset nobody was looking to see against Culleoka so i mean let union city keep winning if CSAS makes it to the final again which can happen, i see CSAS having heart the size of Tennessee!!!

CSAS will not make it past the second round maybe not the first.They was just very lucky last year..........

I can only comment on Regions one and two.

AAA

Bearden

Maryville

Others to consider

Oak Ridge

Kingsport DB

Farragut

AA

Fulton

Austin East

Others to consider

Anderson County

Loudon (?)

Any of the above teams could get to state. I am sure there are others, but these teams seem to have risen to the top. As we saw last year with Powell, its who gets hot at the end.