State Predictions 2008

Legend

CPA certainly has what it takes to make a strong run for the state title. They are currently undefeated in Tennessee. We all know Z Mason is a monster and Hunter Miller can take over the game at any point (40+ points against Harpeth this year), but when the other three starters are playing their game, this team can beat anyone in the state. David Anderson has been lights out shooting recently, carrying the team on his shoulders when they need some outside scoring. He had 12 points in the first quarter the other night against FRA, #2 in 9-AA. Jake Peterson has worked so hard in the off-season on his game that he is money anytime he shoots within 20 feet of the basket. His percentage from the floor this year is somewhere in the 60-80% while averaging almost 10 pts. per game. Add to that his rebounding and leaping ability, and he is somewhat of an "X-factor" for the lions. Kyle Reeves has become the king of big time shots for CPA. That guy has come so far in the last two years it is ridiculous! This kid can knock down the J, spin on his way to the hoop, and find the open man when the defense collapses. Anyone see his sweet oop pass to Z for the one-handed throwdown against FRA last Tuesday? Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Go Lions!

i wanna see "Z" Mason vs. Rogers"Big Daddy" Gaines from White House match up. See WHHS has only lost to 2 teams in Tennessee at full-strength and if I remember correctly Gaines has state tourney experience from last year and he dominated the 7 footer that Bruce Pearl was there recruiting Phil Jurick last year in the sectional. Hunter Miller vs. Jeremy Barnes would also be very interesting....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on if the kid for maryville that signed with tn for football plays...w/o him they aren't really overly impressive..gallatin beat them in a christmas tourney, but then again, the tennessee signee wasnt playing...is he back?

Yes he is back and is a huge presence in the paint for Maryville. I think he would have neutralized the big men from Gallatin with his big body and defensive skills.

I am calling for the REPEAT in the 'boro...Maryville over Ridgeway.

i wanna see "Z" Mason vs. Rogers"Big Daddy" Gaines from White House match up. See WHHS has only lost to 2 teams in Tennessee at full-strength and if I remember correctly Gaines has state tourney experience from last year and he dominated the 7 footer that Bruce Pearl was there recruiting Phil Jurick last year in the sectional. Hunter Miller vs. Jeremy Barnes would also be very interesting....

phillip jurick is not a 7 footer

The "Big Daddy" from White House not only needs size and post skills to match up with Z Mason, Z is an incredible shooter and ball handler. He could play any spot on the floor. I hope White House and CPA play. That will be an interesting game.

You lost all credibility when you went with Boliver

please never post again.

Bolivar is probably the best coached team in the state. How many rings does mitchell have. How many times this decade have they been to state. 19-4 one loss to a AA team and that was with several Tigers still playing football. i stick by my pick

SINGLE A

manassas

uc

nashville christian

culleoka

grace baptist

pickett co.

and two crap teams from the east maybe University School and Cosby

DOUBLE A

dyer co

btw

white house

cpa

livingston acad

howard(i think they are 2a)

unicoi co

austin east

TRIPLE A

ridgeway

r egypt

antioch

gallatin

powell

white co

bearden

maryville

single a best two: manassas and uc

double a best two: dyer co and cpa

triple a best two: ridgeway and maryville

overall champs

1A - Manassas 36-5

2A - Dyer Co

3A - Ridgeway

The west sweeps and this is not partial, I'm from middle...

ok....

i pick grace baptist AND CSAS to be in the tournament this year.

CSAS will win region 3A and will play clay co. and grace will be the region runner up and will go to play pickett county. i dont think pickett would be able to handle the size of grace and will get beat in their gym like arts and sciences did last year. i agree with all your other picks except those two. but i dont think memphis teams will sweep, i dont think memphis teams really understand how much talent is in middle and east tennessee.

How is nobody throwing sycamore into the 2A mix? They are an all around great shootin team. only teams they have lost to is ensworth which is number one in DII, independence who shot lights out, union city which is number 1 in single A(only lost by ten w/o mitchell), Creekwood is the only region loss who also shot lights out that night, lost to mcGavock which is ranked 14 in 3A. Thats it how are they not in this conversation. notable teams they have beat are White house,hunters lane, stratford, harpeth, and riverdale. everybody else they blew them out of the water. They should be mentioned in this mix

How is nobody throwing sycamore into the 2A mix? They are an all around great shootin team. only teams they have lost to is ensworth which is number one in DII, independence who shot lights out, union city which is number 1 in single A(only lost by ten w/o mitchell), Creekwood is the only region loss who also shot lights out that night, lost to mcGavock which is ranked 14 in 3A. Thats it how are they not in this conversation. notable teams they have beat are White house,hunters lane, stratford, harpeth, and riverdale. everybody else they blew them out of the water. They should be mentioned in this mix

They are mostly talking about who is going to be in the championship and who is good enough to make it allt he way in AA. Sycamore is not one of those teams...

Nicholson can shoot the ball.... When he is open. Pierre can be a very big playmaker when he is not going up against someone who is as athletic as he is. If Pierre gets hurt (sprained ankle/ etc.) Sycamore is done! They wont get out of regionals. Sycamore has to get past Jackson Southside, McNairy Central, and Bolivar. Sycamore is the best team in 11aa, but there defense is what keeps them in games not there "lights out shooting". Sycamore would not be able to beat CPA, Dyer Co., White House, or even Livingston Academy. While we are at it Bolivar, Mitchell, and BTW. But good luck. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And before you say something about Harpeth, they cant do it either. District 11aa is weak this year.

They are mostly talking about who is going to be in the championship and who is good enough to make it allt he way in AA. Sycamore is not one of those teams...

Nicholson can shoot the ball.... When he is open. Pierre can be a very big playmaker when he is not going up against someone who is as athletic as he is. If Pierre gets hurt (sprained ankle/ etc.) Sycamore is done! They wont get out of regionals. Sycamore has to get past Jackson Southside, McNairy Central, and Bolivar. Sycamore is the best team in 11aa, but there defense is what keeps them in games not there "lights out shooting". Sycamore would not be able to beat CPA, Dyer Co., White House, or even Livingston Academy. While we are at it Bolivar, Mitchell, and BTW. But good luck. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And before you say something about Harpeth, they cant do it either. District 11aa is weak this year.

Manassas 1A Champs

CPA 2A Champs

Ridgeway 3A Champs