York @ Upperman

DaKing15643

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a student and witness of what happened during and after the game. First, the York students threw a ball at some Upperman students before any Upperman students throw a ball into the York crowd. The ball the York students threw had a reference to the last York-Upperman football game, yes football and not basketball. The person that is being referred to as a York student who got jumped was actually a freshman from Tennessee Tech who had graduated from York last year. He decided to pick a fight with two Upperman students not six, only two. The York boys team did get into the mayhem, but I never saw any of the boys get into a fight with any Upperman students. The York coach had a great deal of trouble getting his boys out of it and into the locker room. While the Upperman boys went straight into the locker room after the game. From what I saw , the York students were looking for a fight. I never saw or heard of any adults hitting a student. The game was taped by WCTE of Cookeville, so everything that happened in the gym is on tape.

As a student and witness of what happened during and after the game. First, the York students threw a ball at some Upperman students before any Upperman students throw a ball into the York crowd. The ball the York students threw had a reference to the last York-Upperman football game, yes football and not basketball. The person that is being referred to as a York student who got jumped was actually a freshman from Tennessee Tech who had graduated from York last year. He decided to pick a fight with two Upperman students not six, only two. The York boys team did get into the mayhem, but I never saw any of the boys get into a fight with any Upperman students. The York coach had a great deal of trouble getting his boys out of it and into the locker room. While the Upperman boys went straight into the locker room after the game. From what I saw , the York students were looking for a fight. I never saw or heard of any adults hitting a student. The game was taped by WCTE of Cookeville, so everything that happened in the gym is on tape.

true but it doesn't show what goes on after it. already seen it

First of all the person who got jumped is a Junior at Yai and his brother is a freshman at Tech. And why the York players ran into the big brawl was to help there friend (which all of you would do if in the same spot). There was trash talking going on back and forth between pep clubs but saying when the fight happened York got the crap beat out of them??? Pretty sure it wasn't just Upperman students hitting the York students, but the Upperman adults as well. And you all can say whatever you want, but you know its pretty bad when adults stoop to a 16 year olds level. And all you Upperman fans who thought they was bad arse (Including all of the adults) can come on down to York and get your mouth smashed shut. Just make an appointment and get in line.

You all need to realize that all this about the extra stuff after the game is very uncool.

This is the most accurate post in the entire thread.

Most of you, with your so called "first hand accounts" of what happened are so completely wrong that you should be embarrassed to even be talking about it.

I understand school spirit, nobody knows it better than I do. But if you think FIGHTING shows your team spirit you are wrong. All is shows is your ignorance. It shows that you dont have anything better in your life to look forward to than bullying people around.

I have a little quick advice for you all. SHUT UP, and DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Come on people!!! A couple quick notes, and then I am done on this subject.

1) The fans standing on the corner of the court were there with ONE purpose. To intimidate. If you are there to cheer, grab a seat in the stands. You can stand up in the bleachers and cheer as loud as you want. It is very effective. Try it sometime.

2) I had a second comment here but will wait until I am calmed back down to post it again. It had to do with the 2 adults that you idiots have accused of being part of the problem. When an adults steps in the try to stop a fight, it is best to just STOP FIGHTING. There is much more that needs to be said someday, but unti then, you stinking kids need to grow up.

Get a freaking clue people. It is a darn basketball game. You want to prove you are a better person than the next guy, that you are bigger and badder, get a freaking education, go to college, and become that persons boss someday. People who act like that at a stinking basketball game are doomed to failure their entire lives. Good luck with that. Pull your head out before it is too late.

Ok i felt the need to post because this is completely inaccurate. It all started when an Upperman student tore the York fan's sign off the wall. Then the ball was thrown in response. Second correction would be that nobody was jumped and it wasn't a freshman in college. The kid was taunting the Upperman student section by pointing at his hat. Then in the lobby he hit an Upperman student and then the Upperman student and his his friend "beat the heck" out of the York student. Third correction would be that many adults hit students and evenYork basketball players. I dont know what you were watching if you didnt see this. Also many students/players hit adults.

In the end it was just a bad situation that just proceeded to get worse. Both teams were in the wrong and should never want this to happen. But kudos to the Upperman players and both teams cheerleading squads for avoiding the situation.

take your pick

Herman

Holy

Howard

Hezabeth

Huxtable

Horvath

Heloise

Please pick one that is

1) respectful

2) will put a smile on your face

d) that takes your mind of the rest of the thread!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I deleted my post for a number of reasons, but since you caught it, I don't read any where in the King James Bible that H. is a middle name to Christ. I could care less about the fight. But, I do care about my Lord and Saviour and the use of his name. Maybe you should try picking another name or say "Come on people" or something else.

This is amazing!! How immature must we act before someone says, "GROW UP!"??

Shame on all those involved in the "fight" (or whatever it is that happened) -- GROW UP.

Shame on all those here talking trash -- GROW UP.

Shame on anyone who misuses Christ's name -- GROW UP -- and Study!

I have no idea what happened at the ballgame the other night, but it sounds like something got out of hand among the spectators, fans, student sections, etc. IMO this will continue to happen in gymnasiums in which the school administrators fail to provide ample seating for opposing spectators. The schools who allow their student sections to sit so close to (and sometimes among) the visiting crowds are asking for trouble.

Shame on school administrators who won't correct the problem.

First of all the person who got jumped is a Junior at Yai and his brother is a freshman at Tech. And why the York players ran into the big brawl was to help there friend (which all of you would do if in the same spot). There was trash talking going on back and forth between pep clubs but saying when the fight happened York got the crap beat out of them??? Pretty sure it wasn't just Upperman students hitting the York students, but the Upperman adults as well. And you all can say whatever you want, but you know its pretty bad when adults stoop to a 16 year olds level. And all you Upperman fans who thought they was bad arse (Including all of the adults) can come on down to York and get your mouth smashed shut. Just make an appointment and get in line.

First of all,let me congratulate York on an outstanding football season but guys football is over and has been for what 3 months now. Everybody knows you had a great year in football and if they don't know you guys have let them know by now. Up until the 2007 season, the past 4 years haven't been anything to write home about. 2006(8-4), 2005(4-7), 2004(7-4), 2003(5-5). Total 24-20 which is an astounding 54.5% winning percentage. Continue to pat yourselves on the back for your 2007 season if thay is what it takes to make you happy, but be a little more mature and get over it. As I stated in one of my earlier posts, I can't recall Upperman, Livingston,etc. standing up holding basketball scores over the past 3 or 4 years. Nobody cares what your football record was in '07 but you.