PreSeason Big 9 Predictions

DBTeepee

Since plowboy is on the district 4 thread not talking about baseball I figured I would pay a visit. I am thinking DB and Science Hill will be the best. DB almost always has a good team and can always make a run a state with real chances of winning. I do not know too much about science hill, but as far as I know they are usually good.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill should start out on top and more than likely cruise there way to the districts.

Tennessee High has talent this year and can go to the well for more as they have several good Freshman comming up.

I really don't know what to expect from D.B. They may struggle early on. The team is very young short of a couple players. If the upper classmen can lead the team and help build confidence the Indians could fair very well come tourney time.

South and Boone are teams that should do well this year from what I have seen and heard.

Take out S.H. and the Big 9 should have a very exciting season.

Science Hill should start out on top and more than likely cruise there way to the districts.

Tennessee High has talent this year and can go to the well for more as they have several good Freshman comming up.

I really don't know what to expect from D.B. They may struggle early on. The team is very young short of a couple players. If the upper classmen can lead the team and help build confidence the Indians could fair very well come tourney time.

South and Boone are teams that should do well this year from what I have seen and heard.

Take out S.H. and the Big 9 should have a very exciting season.

Do you know how many starters from last year that Science Hill is returning for '08?

what will the standings look like at the start of the season?

Who starts near the top, who starts near the bottom

1. Science Hill 2. Sullivan South 3.Tn. High 4.Volunteer 5. Boone

6.East

7.crockett

8.D-B

9.Central

after science hill, this could be the most even conference race that there has been in a while.... all the teams have a great shot to win

1. Science Hill 2. Sullivan South 3.Tn. High 4.Volunteer 5. Boone

6.East

7.crockett

8.D-B

9.Central

after science hill, this could be the most even conference race that there has been in a while.... all the teams have a great shot to win

Boy you sure aren't showing any respect for the Indians. It's been many years since DB finished 8th or worse in their conference at ANY sport. I'll predict them to finish at least in the top 3 or 4.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that there seems to be little progress being made at J Fred stadium with the new football/baseball artificial turf, probably because of all the rain. Does anyone know what they plan to do if the field is not ready by their first game? Personally, I would like to see them play all their home games at Hunter Wright, and use J. Fred as their practice field. Taxpayers spent a lot of money on that nice facility and it's being underutilized in my opinion.

I have noticed that there seems to be little progress being made at J Fred stadium with the new football/baseball artificial turf, probably because of all the rain. Does anyone know what they plan to do if the field is not ready by their first game? Personally, I would like to see them play all their home games at Hunter Wright, and use J. Fred as their practice field. Taxpayers spent a lot of money on that nice facility and it's being underutilized in my opinion.

DB is playing their games away untill April 1st season opener at J Fred.The field will not be ready by then by the slow pace construction is going.Hunter Wright is leased out each year by Gate City High School if you can believe that and will not be available for DB.Yes that is a nice facility for the Mets and AAU teams when they come to town.Definitely underutilized by local teams.It is going to be interesting to see what happens.