Oakland v. White County

MidTennFootball

Pretty impressive considering White Co didnt even win last time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

White County was slumping the last 2 games during the Xmas break and the first 2 games of the new year{Lebanon and Oakland} for some reason. Part of it was Puckett's illness, but we were also slumping as a team. White Co. is not slumping now. Just ask Lebanon. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Come down to the bottom and say "hi" during the game OP. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP the swami has spoken. We must respect the swami's decision. Are you coming to Sparta tonight anyway?

So if Oakland wins tonight, does the swami all of sudden become irrelevant? As for the game, i havent miss a game against Sparta at Sparta since i began high school, so I am not going to stop now, no matter who's predicted to win

5 Keys to the game tonight for Oakland:

1. Get off to a good start: This cannot be stated enough given the hostile enviroment that awaits them tonight. It is going to be very tough to win this game if Oakland falls behind early.

2. No chance baskets: Its hard enough to defend Sparta when they just get one look at the basket per possesion, but after that intial shot, the defense breaks down and if Sparta gets alot of offensive rebounds tonight, somebody is going to be open around the perimeter, limiting these is a must.

3.Communicate on offense: I think this has been one of Oakland's principal weaknesses in their overall game this year, we must be prepared to communicate when Sparta switches defenses. COMMUNICATE FELLAS!

4. Make it a street fight: The uglier and lower scoring this game is, the better it favors the Patriots. Sparta wants to make it 3 on 3, we want to make it a street fight. BE PHYSICAL PATRIOTS!

5. Enjoy this game: Enjoy everything about the game- A district title on the line, a hostile enviroment against a good team and the chance to repeat for a 3rd straight year. But even about that, have fun tonight, there is no love of the game if the fun is taken away.

GO GET EM PATS!

So if Oakland wins tonight, does the swami all of sudden become irrelevant? As for the game, i havent miss a game against Sparta at Sparta since i began high school, so I am not going to stop now, no matter who's predicted to win

As long as the swami picks WC to win state he'll never be irrelevant. If not he's very irrelevant.

5 Keys to the game tonight for Oakland:

1. Get off to a good start: This cannot be stated enough given the hostile enviroment that awaits them tonight. It is going to be very tough to win this game if Oakland falls behind early.

2. No chance baskets: Its hard enough to defend Sparta when they just get one look at the basket per possesion, but after that intial shot, the defense breaks down and if Sparta gets alot of offensive rebounds tonight, somebody is going to be open around the perimeter, limiting these is a must.

3.Communicate on offense: I think this has been one of Oakland's principal weaknesses in their overall game this year, we must be prepared to communicate when Sparta switches defenses. COMMUNICATE FELLAS!

4. Make it a street fight: The uglier and lower scoring this game is, the better it favors the Patriots. Sparta wants to make it 3 on 3, we want to make it a street fight. BE PHYSICAL PATRIOTS!

5. Enjoy this game: Enjoy everything about the game- A district title on the line, a hostile enviroment against a good team and the chance to repeat for a 3rd straight year. But even about that, have fun tonight, there is no love of the game if the fun is taken away.

GO GET EM PATS!

Done got out of hand here in White County lead by 25 now

Dang it......I really must be the Patriots's lucky charm then. I knew I should have taken off from work and headed to Sparta tonight. Sorry guys.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Congrats to WC on the win. Sounds like yall are peaking at the right time.

How bout it swami? Do the WC guys look like state champs?? Beat a solid #8 in the state pretty handily. Aaron Puckett plays very few minutes.

On top of everything else Aaron has had a virus since Tuesday night and did not get to go back to school until today. His Mom had to take him and get tests done. They gave him 2 pints of fluids and medicine for his stomach . He can't seem to get completely well.