Oakland v. White County

MidTennFootball

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

told u so OP! guess i should have said by at least 26! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Kudos my friend, you finally got one right /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . Thats the WC ive been waiting to see all year, Im really dissapointed in Oakland, but you got to tip your cap to White County. I knew it would have to take a great game from Oakland to win and we just didnt bring it.

As for the polls, I wouldnt concern yourselves with it, its just something to talk about that has no real bearing on the ultimate goal, which is to be playing in the glass house in march and to win a gold ball.

As for the fan support, in an average year for Oakland, the fan support is so-so at best, its easy to bring tons of fans when you have great teams, but the support just isnt there like it used to be, in that sense i envy sparta, they follow their team everywhere, whereas Oakland's fans only do so whenever they have great team like last year.

Once again, kudos to White County, maybe next time folks will get their dollars worth................

So I guess the great "King" got out-coached tonight by Mitchell....as the Pats got a thumping?? Any thoughts on that??

Like I said on the other thread, losing a game doesnt equate to getting outcoach. A great gameplan means nothing if you players dont execute. White County played a great game and Oakland did not. Quit trying so hard to discredit Coach King

Its funny if anybody looses to Oakland they were out-coached by King...but if your boys loose its just they didn't execute......but isnt that coaching?? Putting the right players in to run a game plan. I think King is a pretty good coach, but just remember your posts and how you bash other programs, a 30 point thumping I mean what was that?? Coaching.

So I guess the great "King" got out-coached tonight by Mitchell....as the Pats got a thumping?? Any thoughts on that??

That might be a touchy subject. I doubt Roy Williams could have out coached Eric Mitchell last night the way WC was playing. I just hope Mitchell remains loyal and don't jump ship on us for more money somewhere else.

Its funny if anybody looses to Oakland they were out-coached by King...but if your boys loose its just they didn't execute......but isnt that coaching?? Putting the right players in to run a game plan. I think King is a pretty good coach, but just remember your posts and how you bash other programs, a 30 point thumping I mean what was that?? Coaching.

Isnt that what happens when you lose, you just dont execute. What program have I "bashed", I have given them all due credit. Were you at the game last night? I was, Sparta played one of their best games of the year, and Oakland just couldnt match the intensity and it was just not meant to be. Oakland's coaching staff puts those kids in the best possible chance to win every night, if they didnt, they wouldnt have the respect of this region and the state like they do. So Oakland got blown out out last night, go thru our records and see how many times that has actually happned? In the rare events when it has happened, usually the next game against that opponent was a win or worst case was much closer than last time.

Here is the difference bewteen you and I: I say King is a great coach and I get almost everyone in our district and region and other parts of the state to agree with me. You try to say the same about Harris, and you have folks from all over that say at best he's a mediocre coach, and alot of this come from your own guys, so you would be wise to quit making yourself look like a fool and trying to come after Oakland and Coach King just because it wasnt there for one game. To be 18-4 after loosing what we did, thats great coaching and I dont care if you agree or not. Most folks thought we would finish 4th or 5th in this district but baring a collapse, we probably have the 2nd seed locked up in this district, so your silly arguments on falling on deaf ears, nobody wants to back you up because they all realize how wrong you really are.