Best Players in East Tn

devil12

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking more of players who may not be as known because their teams aren't among the best or they don't get a lot of publicity. These include post Catherine Williams at Howard who signed with Appalachian State, guard Shea Thomas at Whitwell, and April McCann at Lookout Valley, she averages 25 a game, despite the competition that's impressive. The guard at Boyd-Buchanan looked pretty good in one game I saw them play but their team seems overmatched in the district.

Nine from the Big 9:

Danielle Montgomery (TN High & just a junior)

Megan Caldwell (Boone)

Jordan Douglas (Science Hill)

Johnesia Good (Science Hill, junior)

Lauren Murr (Crockett, junior)

Natalie Pickwell (Sullivan South)

Samantha Williams (Sullivan South)

Whitney Moody (Sullivan Central, junior)

Blaine Frohlich (Dobyns Bennett also a junior)

There are some other good ones like Jones (TN High) and Nickels (Boone), but the 9 above are the best I've seen.

Go ahead and name your three Indian, we consider you one of us. (for sure at region time !)

If Indian won't list our three, I'll help you out. Katherine Barker, Rachel Lockhart, and Lakyn Ledford all work year round and very hard to keep getting better. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Those three are outstanding, I was just listing some players who may not get the publicity for whatever reason. All three should be playing in college. I think their group's record is around 125-25 since sixth grade, 11 of those were in one season when they were freshmen and had no seniors on the team. They won their league or district tournament four of five years and are the favorites to do so this year too. It should help the freshmen and sophomore to have teammates like that, plus their other junior and senior teammates, practicing against them everyday is a good way to get experience. They will be heavily favored in their last few regular season games but they need to play as sharp as possible with the tournaments about to start.