District 4-A Battles this Friday night!

Cookevegas3

What are your predictions for each game this week in a full slate of district 4-A action????

Oliver Springs vs Wartburg

#1 OS (with 1 district loss) will look to seal the top seed over the #2 (and 2 loss) Bulldogs. The Bulldogs played them well at OZ and will look to avenge the earlier loss at home.

Oakdale vs Oneida

#3 Eagles (with 3 loses) will take on the #4 Indians (with 4 loses) in a game where the winner will stay alive for the #2 seed and avoid possibly OS until the district championship.

Coalfield vs Sunbright

The Young #5 Jackets and the bottom seed Tigers will meet in a game that may not mean that much since Coalfield has 5 losses already and may be stuck at the 4 or 5 seed. The Tigers may also be set at #6.

I like a nailbitter at Wartburg and a too close to call right now......

Oakdale edges Oneida

Coalfield takes care of Sunbright

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with OS by 4 (Will be 1)

Oakdale by 15 or more (Should finish 2nd in the dist.)

Coalfield by 25-30

(I still hold the Lady Jackets as a team that can challenge for the 4-A Title)

The District will end up like this

1. Oliver Springs

2. Oakdale

3. Wartburg

4. Oneida

5. Coalfield

6. Sunbright

Who does everyone think should be Coach of the Year (My Vote is Fred Snow)

It will be hard to call the game with Wartburg and OS

I'll Take Oakdale by 4 with Oneida

Coalfield will beat Sunbright by about 12.

What were the comments made by the Coalfield Coach toward the kids at Wartburg? Heard that she called them Classless! If so I think that's AWFUL If our coach had said something like that they would have hung him after the boys game!

My coach of the year would be Oneida's coach. He's done a good job with a very young team. Second maybe Snow or Davis

I would suppose that this is probably just something that the Coach at Coalfield is trying to motivate her team. I don't think that anything that Wartburg did could have been all that bad given they only won by 17. Lets move on from that bad situation!

The games Friday are all exciting ones and should be a great deal of fun for the fans. If Coalfield wants to cry over a 17 point loss then maybe I'll start looking at changing my opinion of their ability to win the tournament.

These games are going to be interesting, to say the least. I think Wartburg is about as well suited to beating OS as any other team in the conference. They have excellent quickness and they have had moments of brilliance. Can they give a sustained effort through four quarters? They don't have to be perfect to drop a loss on the Lady Bobcats, just very good for long spells. Playing at Wartburg won't hurt their chances, but I think OS will hang on for the regular season title by the score of 59 - 55.

Oneida can have their moments as well. The key for the Lady Indians keeping O'Dell from getting consistent looks at the basket. The Lady Indians can match-up with all the other personnel on the court, so not letting O'dell come flying out of the gate will be pivotal. Oneida is improving because they have to overcome their weaknesses, and they do a better job of that as a team more than they do as individuals. They play pretty hard so they might get the upset they almost got when they traveled down to Oakdale earlier this year. What the heck.....Oneida 53 - 50.

Coalfield should cruise......64 - 48.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

first and foremost... if your a parent of a player, which i suspect you are... there is a place and a time that things need to be said. this however is not the place. seems like someone needs to man up and actually say it to COACH K instead of creating an account so no one will know who you are and sayin it. but seems like you been around enough to see her. but talent alone doesn't win basketball games, im sorry. Not talkin bad, but wartburg HAS TALENT, but still seems to struggle at times due to coaching.

I think Fred Snow is C.O.Y. but if I had a second place vote it would go to Davis at Wartburg. I was totally sure that they would fall flat! The idea around the district was that a first year coach could not come in and win 6-8 district games. I have seen Wartburg play about 4 times this year and they don't appear to have any big time problems.

Oakdale and Oneida will be a good game tonight, but I was shocked to see that Harriman beat Oneida. They may still have some problems to work out.

Coach of the Year is a hard call. I expected OS to have more trouble this year than in the past because they lost three starters and their post play was expected to be questionable. I figured Oakdale would be near the top because of what they had coming back. I also figured Wartburg to be at the top because they had most everything back and they're a deep team that plays hard. Oneida has been the team that has improved the most through the year, but they're not in the mix. It should be an interesting vote when the coaches get together.

If you are going by who performed the best given the pressure they were under for the entire season I guess you would have to say that Jason is the C.O.Y. There is no other coach in the district that has been scrutinized as much as JD, had some BIG shoes to fill in replacing DD. He has done well the team has won more this year and is in a good spot to make a run in the dist. tourney.

The only reason that I went with West at Oneida is the fact that he has been in a rebuilding situation and still found a way to be pretty good. But Jason should be in the discussion as well.