District 4-A Battles this Friday night!

Cookevegas3

I agree that Jason Davis has done a good job this season. I know people had doubts about him coming from the junior high ranks, but his junior high teams always played really hard and I think the biggest thing a coach has to do is get their team to play hard. After that they have to be a good teacher of the game, but if your team doesn't play hard then it doesn't matter.

I think Coach Christopher should be congratulated on another fine season. They lost so much last year in losing Copeland, Parton and Smith and it has taken a lot of work to stay on top this season. I do, however, think Oliver Springs still hasn't come together as a team just yet. I know they've played a lot of people, but they are still a young team and that leads to some inconsistency. I don't think they've had that night (except Webb) when everything is clicking. Hopefully they'll peak at tournament. There's a lot of talent on that team, but nothing makes up for experience.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure SDO is going to contradict me but his Lady Eagles aren't as magnificent as he makes them out to be. They got flat out lucky the other night at Oneida. They got out played in most facets of the game to a team that, on paper, shouldn't logically be able to contend with them. The Lady Indians lost more than any of the other teams in the district, yet went toe to toe with an Oakdale team that brings back everyone. I'm changing my mind about O'dell, her conditioning makes her a lesser factor as the ball game goes on. She is still argueably the best low block player in the district, but if she is required to run for any significant amount of time she easily gets gassed. I would suspect Wartburg is going to run, run, run. Oneida should have executed a little better on their last possession, but that is stating the obvious, huh? I don't think Oakdale will get so lucky with Wartburg. I don't know if this game changes the seeding of the tournament, but as the two are playing right now......signs point to a Lady Bulldog win.

Davis - 67

Snow - 49

Kazzy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Judging by the way the wartburg girls have been acting and talking they have turned the page to tournament season. They know that Oakdale is the team that they will need to play to advance in the tournaments and so I doubt that they will risk anything in terms of gameplan for tonight. I could be wrong but the loser of this game will probably play Sunbright in a play in game for the 4-A tournament and then these two should be at it again in the 4A semi-finals, so there isn't much on the line tonight.

I will say Oakdale 39 Wartburg 40 in OT (O'dell is very good and at times our post players look like they are afraid of bigger players)

Oakdale looked winded in the game. I think that them being sick had a big impact on the game. But, for Wartburg to hold us to 28 points is very good. O'dell did a good job under the goal and came away with 15 points I think! The other girls are going to need to step it up!

The Wartburg kids were very active in their defense and really played a hard game. Second in the district is a good thing for the Wartburg girls. I had predicted them to finish in the 4 or 5 spot! Very impressive!

Who wins between Oakdale and Coalfield on Friday? I'm saying it will be too close to call right now. O'dell can't do it all!

SDO, for once it appears I was actually accurate. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Oakdale proved to be the lesser team in their own house. Wartburg does indeed have a capable coach, but I'm sure even he will admit he can't amount to much without solid players. I think he might actually have the second most talented group in the district. They are fast, tough, and for the most part, they listen. They might even squeeze one out against Oz. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" We'll see.

Kaz