RBS - What Happened?

dude10

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how serious are the folks at RBS about turning thier program around?

Hard to say, there was all kinds of buzz about the parents wanting him fired around Chrsitmas.

You have to give Boles some credit though he could have hung it up. He must have believed and made the kids believe that they were going to turn it around, because his kids played hard.

how serious are the folks at RBS about turning thier program around?

RBS is very much ready to turn the program around. Some of the guys are working really hard to get in shape for the upcoming season and have been doing great. They have been working since the season ended and are hoping for the best outcome. In the players eyes there are some who are really dedicated to making things happen for them and they just want a chance to show their ability at being the best athletes they can be. RBS players have a lot of heart and it shows. They just need to be coached year round not just through the season and they really are hoping to get a good coach that will teach them and work with them. Just talk to any player and they will tell you that if they could win just 1 game it will give them hope.

Anyone know what happened? Was Boles fired or did he resign?

Tony Boles resigned. The job will be posted after the board meeting 021408

RBS is very much ready to turn the program around. Some of the guys are working really hard to get in shape for the upcoming season and have been doing great. They have been working since the season ended and are hoping for the best outcome. In the players eyes there are some who are really dedicated to making things happen for them and they just want a chance to show their ability at being the best athletes they can be. RBS players have a lot of heart and it shows. They just need to be coached year round not just through the season and they really are hoping to get a good coach that will teach them and work with them. Just talk to any player and they will tell you that if they could win just 1 game it will give them hope.Tony Boles resigned. The job will be posted after the board meeting 021408

Tks.. for the update motivatedmom.

I hope the next head bulldog that comes in, will be able give the young men, school and community what all is searching for. I look foward to see that 1st win... It breeds confidence. (just hope it's not against TC).

Good luck on the upcoming yr.

If you have ever visited RBS you would understand. There are good folks in RBS but they only have a few boys to pick from for the team and you have to find a way to win with only 25 kids (sometimes less). The teams they compete against have more talent to choose from so it will be a challenge for even the best coach and you have very little help in the way of assistant coaches. It is a very small school!

The right coach can find a way to win but I don't think the administration will be able to attract those kinds of coaches unless they have another reason for moving to Macon County. You also have the issue of all the coaches on staff allowing all of the players to play football. I don't know if it is still this way but in years past some basketball players didn't play football. IMHO, unless the coaches and parents share athletes there will be no way to have success in football at RBS.

For the record, I hope they do get someone to turn things around. I would love to see them have a winning season.

• 3 weeks later...