Official Miss Basketball Ballot in my hands

CoachT

There is only one player from east tn worthy? Thats why kayla christopher put up 30pts with glory johnson gaurding her most of the time because no one else could stop her. Yes glory is great and she deserves it. But there are other NON HOT HEADED players from E.TN that could get it. The girl from McMin Central Also.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two most dominant AAA players in the state are juniors:

Jasmine Hassell and Jasmine James with Hassell being the best post and James being the best guard / perimeter player.

Hassell has continued to lead Wilson Central to state dominance from her freshmen year to junior year.

James has lead Bartlett from her freshman year to her current junior year with two back to back 30 game seasons of wins, Dist, Regional championships and sub-state appearances. JJ is currently averaging 26ppg, 7 rebs, 6 assits, 5 steals and will have Bartlett in the hunt for a Murfreesboro visit in March.

Both players are considered to be in the top echelon at their positions nationally.

The two most dominant AAA players in the state are juniors:

Jasmine Hassell and Jasmine James with Hassell being the best post and James being the best guard / perimeter player.

Hassell has continued to lead Wilson Central to state dominance from her freshmen year to junior year.

James has lead Bartlett from her freshman year to her current junior year with two back to back 30 game seasons of wins, Dist, Regional championships and sub-state appearances. JJ is currently averaging 26ppg, 7 rebs, 6 assits, 5 steals and will have Bartlett in the hunt for a Murfreesboro visit in March.

Both players are considered to be in the top echelon at their positions nationally.

A - K. Christopher

AA - Crystal Riley

AAA - Jasmine James or Jasmine Hassell

DII A - Lauren A.

DII AA - Glory Johnson

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> whew - that was easy!

Allow me to put in a good word for Lakyn Ledford.

Lakyn is a 6'2" junior for AA Sequatchie County. She was an All-State player as a sophomore. She leads the Lady Indians with 15.5 points and 7.6 rebounds per game while shooting 63% from the field. She scored her 1000th point this season. One other teammate scored her 1000th point and another is expected to by the end of the season. That is pretty impressive to lead a team with three 1000 point scorers, and they are all juniors.

To let you know the caliber of player Lakyn is, she plays AAU ball with some of the front running Miss Basketball candidates.

She plays with:

A Jackson County's Laken Leonard

AAA Wilson Central's Jasmine Hassel

AA LaVerne's LaQuinta Jefferson

That is a very impressive team!

Their AAU team is coached by Shelbyville standout(1988-1991), three time Tennessee State Champion(1989-1991), former Miss Basketball(1991), Former Lady Vol, and former WNBA player Tiffany Woosley.

Elizabethton Junior post Mariah Pietrowski had 20 points and 16 rebounds in a tough overtime loss to a very good South Greene team last night. The 6'1" Junior is from East Tennessee and is certainly worthy. She is also a legitimate Division 1 prospect.

Coach17 I think there are several out of the East Worthy not just Pietrowski and if I am correct South Greene's 2 top dogs had fouled out in the 4th quarter and SG still pulled out a win.

I would like you to consider Kylie Lambert (McMinn Central). She lead the team to the state tournament her freshman year. She was MVP of the district and region with many other awards both her freshman and sophomore years. All state last year. She is leading the area in all stats. She works hard at all aspects of the game from defense to offence and spreads the ball around well as a 5??™11??? point guard. She is very close to the 1500 point mark. Last but not least something she should be very proud of is maintaining approx. a 3.8 GPA.

In addition to these comments, all her stats are the result of being on floor only about a half in most of her games. Coach Morgan plays a 10 player rotation and with the blowouts, the starters are not playing nearly as many minutes as most of these other girls.

Congratulations to all the young ladies whom have been mentioned. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I think single A will be the most difficult to choose from. I don't envy anyone to have to choose.

Single A: Courtney Dyer because she can play point guard,wing.,etc. Knows the court like the back of her hand. She is sharp, intelligent player. She has awareness on the court.She is a great 3 point shooter.CD has good defense,team player and had several blocks and assists. She has also been been nominated for the mcdonalds basketball award. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Also, CD is a leader on the court as well as off. She is a good role model for younger kids(btw they love her) She takes time going to middle school games and talking to youngsters.All around good young lady. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

AA: Lashay Davis what to say. Look at her numbers.Great player.

AAA: Erin Helton of cookeville. Good posts player, high scorer.

Also, needs to be mentioned as Single A nominee:Misty Maxwell

Misti is a point guard whom is quick as a cat, torments the folks she defends, an excellent 3 point shooter.

Allow me to put in a good word for Lakyn Ledford.

Lakyn is a 6'2" junior for AA Sequatchie County. She was an All-State player as a sophomore. She leads the Lady Indians with 15.5 points and 7.6 rebounds per game while shooting 63% from the field. She scored her 1000th point this season. One other teammate scored her 1000th point and another is expected to by the end of the season. That is pretty impressive to lead a team with three 1000 point scorers, and they are all juniors.

To let you know the caliber of player Lakyn is, she plays AAU ball with some of the front running Miss Basketball candidates.

She plays with:

A Jackson County's Laken Leonard

AAA Wilson Central's Jasmine Hassel

AA LaVerne's LaQuinta Jefferson

That is a very impressive team!

Their AAU team is coached by Shelbyville standout(1988-1991), three time Tennessee State Champion(1989-1991), former Miss Basketball(1991), Former Lady Vol, and former WNBA player Tiffany Woosley.

Erin Helton(Cookeville) was on that team.

I don't think Jasmin Hassel finished the AAU season with them, I think she went with the (shoe ) exposure team.

LAKYN is a very good player.